Author Topic: Crome hood scoops-mirrors-frt wide mldg????  (Read 1090 times)

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
Crome hood scoops-mirrors-frt wide mldg????
« on: August 31, 2007 - 03:58:58 PM »
 :clueless: sort of curious if this are pretty much standard equipment on my 71 challenger.iv'e only seen one car around st paul minneapolis area with the wide hood mldgs and wide frt fender mlgds and crome scoops and mirrors and that was at mopars in the park car show.the only other iv'e seen was in a magazine and it was a africa export car.anyone else have the same options as these and does anyone have and pics?even the bigger shows i have been to i haven't seen any. :dunno: :clueless: weren't there not to many made with this combo mentioned above?
Thanks guys and gals for any info you have on this.MO.FAN...Dave...........  :cheers:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Crome hood scoops-mirrors-frt wide mldg????
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007 - 05:22:57 PM »
I have NEVER seen chrome hood scoops on any car. They must have been custom made. That would be neat to see though.  :thumbsup: The wide trim around the headlight bezels and the front of the hood is a rare 71 only option on Challengers. That's why you don't see many. That trim isn't re-popped, so you pay $$$ if and when you can find it.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007 - 04:25:28 PM »
 :dunno: MIKE,they sure look factory to me and they are made of potmetel.barry have you ever herard of these before?i'll pull one off one of these days to see if theres a casting number on one of them.  :clueless: too darn hot in st paul to do anything outdoors right now.should say the last 5 days.  :pullinghair:  :swear:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007 - 04:37:57 PM »
I've never seen the chrome hood scoops either.  Even if they are factory pieces, I'll bet a previous owner pulled them off and had them chromed.  I'd like to see a pic, though, to see how it looks.

Mike - I keep seeing the center section of the wide front moulding on epay, so I think it is being repopped.  I've never seen fender sections that weren't original pieces.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007 - 08:26:31 PM »
Chroming hood scoops was pretty much standard 1970s custom practice.

(anything else that unbolts too)

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007 - 06:12:21 PM »
Yep, Ive seen custom chromed barracuda hood scoops but never challenger. not stock though.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007 - 02:28:14 AM »
Nice avatar Wally  :2thumbs:  The classic ad trick  :2thumbs:

But everytime I see it I think  :stomp: Hey you kid!!! Get away from my car !!! :swear:
Then he says,,,   Huh  :clueless:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007 - 12:02:35 PM »
HaHa. I'll have to recreate this picture with my own car. I do like that '71. Itd be something to have the car used in these ads. like the 2 red '71 cudas!!
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100