Author Topic: Just had the best experience at a dealership ever!  (Read 765 times)

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Just had the best experience at a dealership ever!
« on: August 31, 2007 - 07:20:15 PM »
Today I decided that I would go and test drive a new Mini Cooper S, since the dealership is around the corner from my place. I get there and am looking at these cars for about 5 minutes and no mob of salesman comes to attack me, not even one salesman comes out (I thought at least one would come out), so I went inside and someone asked me how I was doing and if they could help me with anything. I told her that I was interested in test driving a Mini S with a manual transmission. She went and got someone who could take me on a test drive. The saleman Jeff was very knowledgable and friendly. I felt no pressure from him what so ever. When we got back to the dealership we went on the computer and built a custom Mini for me, and at the end he told me that if I decided to buy a Mini to come back to any salesmen and they could take care of me. I asked him about comission and he said that the comission is spilt amongst the salesmen which is probably why the low pressure. Also in case anyone is considering buying one of these great little cars there is close to a 3 month wait for one, but the price you see is the price you pay, no hidden fees, no markups, nothing, which I thought was pretty cool. Anyways jsut thought I would share this good experience with everyone. Have a safe and fun Labor day weekend. Mine will be spent putting a particular 70 cuda back together.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Just had the best experience at a dealership ever!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007 - 07:29:27 PM »
That's good to know, but I would be WAAAY too scared to drive one of them on the hiway with 18 wheelers and all.  :scared: I do think they would be fun to drive though.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007 - 07:43:13 PM »
Just drive under the semi's.  :roflsmiley: The car was a blast to drive. Also Mini pays for all services for the first 3 years or 36k miles, and this year on the S they replaced the supercharger with a turbo. :woo:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007 - 09:19:46 PM »
you didnt say you bought one or not :dunno:

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007 - 09:30:58 PM »
I wish all dealers were like that. I don't think I've ever had an experience at a car dealership when I didn't feel like the salesman was trying to screw me over.
Dave

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007 - 09:53:23 PM »
nice lil story a good friend of mine use to own a mini cooper "S" that was a fun lil car and they take corners really well  :grinyes: and got a lil grunt the only thing that was weird was the dash/ gauges(just like the org. one's had) but after a lil while you get use to it.

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007 - 10:12:01 PM »
The gauges were definately unconventional (speedo in the center of dash between the seats) but I like it. I did not buy. If someone were to come up with the price I want for my commemorative edition SRT-4 then I will order one. Otherwise I will drive my SRT.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007 - 10:44:35 PM »
Wow, a no-pressure sale. Who'd of thunk??? I would like a place like that. I bought a mini van for the wife last year and had to deal with all the crap. I got so fed up that I left and came back the next day & let them know I was over the games and wanted the bottom price all the specifics all laid out on the table or I would go elsewhere. I bought the van. But it was painful!! Glad you had a great experience!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007 - 01:40:21 AM »
I had a co-worker buy one of those Mini's and he kept having electrical problems with the car.  The dealership ended up taking it back as a "Lemon", and he went elsewhere.  That is the only experience I have had with them.

1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar