Author Topic: Is wiper area and cowl on a limelight Cuda supposed to be black or body color?  (Read 1014 times)

BS23VOB_FJ5_Faker

Is wiper area and cowl on a limelight Cuda supposed to be black or body color?  I have seen them both ways.  It makes sense for an AAR to be blacked out, but I also see beautifully restored Cudas with that area blacked out also.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
I do not believe anything was written in stone either way , so it would be correct either way

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline moper

• Resident
I think it's a matter of what the production date is, and what assembly plant. My '70 Hamtramak(sp?) Barracuda did not have a black cowl. But I have had a couple Hamtramak Barracuda parts cars that did..lol.

BS23VOB_FJ5_Faker

On the cars that are blacked out, does that include the inner cowl beneath the wipers?
Thanks for the replies

Offline FY1Cuda

I was under the impression that the cowl area was always blacked out.  :clueless: :dunno:

Offline 70challrtse

On the cars that are blacked out, does that include the inner cowl beneath the wipers?
Thanks for the replies
No, although there might have been some overspray.

BS23VOB_FJ5_Faker

Man- That Engine compartment is beautiful.  If you have a couple more pics I would love to see them. 
Where would I find the right paint for that air cleaner finish?  Mine has been touched up with a semigloss black, but it could use a blasting and repaint.

Offline 70challrtse

Man- That Engine compartment is beautiful.  If you have a couple more pics I would love to see them. 
Where would I find the right paint for that air cleaner finish?  Mine has been touched up with a semigloss black, but it could use a blasting and repaint.

Thanks. The paint for the air cleaner can be purchased from a number of sources; including Paddock, YO and I think Totally Auto and RestoRicks. As far as more pics of my engine, please go to The Classics here on this board. I just posted several a couple of days ago.