Author Topic: Rimblow - what all is needed  (Read 1226 times)

Offline longgone

Rimblow - what all is needed
« on: September 01, 2007 - 08:15:47 AM »
My cuda has the standard steering wheel today.  I'm wanting to swap it out for a rimblow.
Few questions:
Most wheels i see on ebay are just the wheel and maybe centercap.  What else is needed? 
How easy are the other pieces to find? 
Where can I find them?
Am I better off buying a rough wheel and having it restored or buying one already done?
Where is a good place to look for rimblows beside here and ebay?

Thanks
Blueglow

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Rimblow - what all is needed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007 - 08:21:34 AM »
A member is in the business. goes by plumbeeeper ...check it out http://www.rimblowsteeringwheels.com/
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007 - 09:04:58 AM »
For a rimblow, you need the wheel, correct center cap for your make of car, and the horn switch. Be aware that buying a rimblow is NOT cheap.   :money:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline plumbeeper

• Sponsor
    • WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007 - 11:11:29 PM »
My cuda has the standard steering wheel today.  I'm wanting to swap it out for a rimblow.
Few questions:
Most wheels i see on ebay are just the wheel and maybe centercap.  What else is needed? 
How easy are the other pieces to find? 
Where can I find them?
Am I better off buying a rough wheel and having it restored or buying one already done?
Where is a good place to look for rimblows beside here and ebay?

Thanks
Blueglow

When you buy one of my wheels, it includes everything you need. Your car already has the correct bolt pattern for the rimblow wheel. Just remove the standard wheel, plug in the pigtail, bolt on the rimblow, snap on the cap and your done. A whole five minutes may be involved and that even includes getting the tools.

It is typically cheaper to have your core restored but keep in mind that the better the core, the cheaper the restoration costs. Make sure the spokes are good, try to avoid multiple cracked rims and don't buy the so called NOS switches, most are damaged or shrunk from age. I have new switches, switch covers, pigtails and center caps.

I have a perfect rimblow wheel ready by the way.

Check my site for details, contact me anytime.
Dave

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007 - 11:24:12 PM »
Rimblows ROCK! I "found" my Rimblow under a torn up leather wrapping the previous owner put on.. I was pleasantly surprised!! :2thumbs:

PlumBeeper,
 I have a rimblow wheel and original center cap. I have stripped and painted the cap but it could probably be done better. The spokes on my wheel are in good condition, only minor surface rust. I am doing a custom interior and have played with the idea of getting my Rimblow restored - but instead of the OE woodgrain doing the wheel in black or a custom finish..is this possible?

Please PM me to give me an idea of what this might cost me..

Thanks...

Offline plumbeeper

• Sponsor
    • WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007 - 08:10:20 PM »
Rimblows ROCK! I "found" my Rimblow under a torn up leather wrapping the previous owner put on.. I was pleasantly surprised!! :2thumbs:

PlumBeeper,
 I have a rimblow wheel and original center cap. I have stripped and painted the cap but it could probably be done better. The spokes on my wheel are in good condition, only minor surface rust. I am doing a custom interior and have played with the idea of getting my Rimblow restored - but instead of the OE woodgrain doing the wheel in black or a custom finish..is this possible?

Please PM me to give me an idea of what this might cost me..

Thanks...

Yes it's possible and very do-able, but if you ever want to resell it, I doubt you would get very much. If it is restored to original condition, it will be worth lots more  :money:

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007 - 09:49:49 PM »

Yes it's possible and very do-able, but if you ever want to resell it, I doubt you would get very much. If it is restored to original condition, it will be worth lots more  :money:

Good point.. I will send you a PM to get a idea of price. Thanks, good luck BlueGlow!