Author Topic: found another m46 70 barracuda!!  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Green Drop Top

Re: found another m46 70 barracuda!!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007 - 09:12:16 PM »
Yes, I'll have repops sometime this winter, molds are done. They won't be exact in appearance on the back sides but once installed they will look stock and work fine, hopefully they will be acceptable to the
 :villagers:

Cheers! :bigsmile:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007 - 09:16:05 PM »
Thats great news to hear Scott.

Offline 472 R/T SE

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007 - 12:16:28 AM »
 :dunno:  I've never seen those before.  Learn something new everyday.
HELP SUPPORT THE REGISTRIES because all cars matter.

I like to sleep For I'm walking in my dreams.
Live life like every DAY is your last!

Offline nakita7

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007 - 01:14:40 AM »
I wonder how well those scoops catch all the mud and stuff from the front wheels? Just wondering....
72 Charger Rallye (440 auto)
72 Charger Rallye (318 auto)
71 Charger RT

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007 - 01:20:36 AM »
I wonder how well those scoops catch all the mud and stuff from the front wheels? Just wondering....

None will get on mine since I wont drive it down muddy roads or in the rain. Mine has 42k original miles on it and has never seen 1 inch total of rain. It has only been outside for 5 yrs total.  But on most other cars I see rust under the scoops but they do drain and can be cleaned

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007 - 12:28:11 AM »
I have been in contact with Bob since the first hour that the car was listed.  I have recieved several pictures that are not on the auction.  This car is tearing me up inside.  I feel the price he is asking is pretty high for the rust problems and the whole vin thing.  Next is the shipping.  I am working on storage just south of Birmingham at some family's property.  I can't seem to get the guy to budge on price.  Shipping is pretty expensive to get it here right now.  Yeah I know, I am just making excuses.  What do some of you think of the price? 
  I am a little late on this one cause my time is pretty pinched right now.  I hadn't noticed this was going on.  Too busy talking to Bob.  He didn't have any info listed on the car.  I do my everyday thing and ask every 1970 barracuda and gran coupe owner what the fender tag readout is and if it has m46.  Finally I got one and here I am debating price.  I suppose I could say that the 15 cars that I have are probably enough but when it comes down to it, I probably couldn't ever have enough.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007 - 12:57:20 AM »
The price is way too high for what is there.

Personally, I would not buy a car without a VIN tag unless it had a state issued VIN already.  :2cents:

Barry

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007 - 08:55:46 AM »
  That sounds exactly like what my mechanic said.  thanks Barry for the honest words. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Cuda_Shizzle007

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007 - 06:29:21 PM »
Their is a web site called lucasmopars (google search), and he has a 70 barracuda with the bottom blacked out. You may want to contact him and see what the vin readout is. Maybe another M46. Also has a lot less rust.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007 - 07:18:54 PM »
Their is a web site called lucasmopars (google search), and he has a 70 barracuda with the bottom blacked out. You may want to contact him and see what the vin readout is. Maybe another M46. Also has a lot less rust.

I just looked at the car and although it is a 'Cuda it sure looks like it has the lower black out that fits the M46 option. I love the 318 FM3 Gran Coupe on the site, looks sweet with the white gut and stripe!
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007 - 08:49:06 PM »
  I have agreed on a price for the car.  Barry, how do I go about getting a vin tag?  I assume I must get a state patrolman to verify the car by the numbers and then apply for a federal number? 

thanks

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007 - 09:02:41 PM »
Josh, If you need to store it, you can keep it at my place as long as you need to.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007 - 09:07:30 PM »
You will have to apply for a state issued VIN tag, the rules vary by state. Just ask you local DMV for the proper forms.

Barry

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007 - 09:10:28 PM »
You will have to apply for a state issued VIN tag, the rules vary by state. Just ask you local DMV for the proper forms.

If he can prove his cars vin can he not have one recreated?  I know this can be done.  i.e. broadcast sheet or various staming ect?

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007 - 11:53:05 PM »
  I think it is quite illegal to create a vin plate.  However, it seems as if I have heard of people doing this if they can provide proof of the fender tag and cowl and radiator shroud numbers.  Not sure where to get this done though. Still think it is illegal to do this.  Really having that done though would make it so that I would not have to reaply for a new federal vin number and just have to apply for the lost title and such.  Looks like I am going to be on quite a long road of crap.  I really hate buying a car with only a bill of sale and no vin tag.   :pullinghair:  Anyone else got any ideas and opinions?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007 - 02:22:32 PM by Cuda'Hunter »