Author Topic: DASH PADs - have you seen one in the flesh?  (Read 24361 times)

Offline JayBee

• Resident
Re: DASH PADs - have you seen one in the flesh?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008 - 05:41:00 PM »
Challenger_7, sorry to hear all the "NO-GO's" with your pads. My metal frame has 11 mounting bolts underneath it but I don't have any pics of them. The Lengendary pad, as far as I know, is still just a rumor and have no idea if there is a release date planned, maybe it's a wait and see game for now.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Challenger_7

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008 - 09:27:24 AM »
Thanks JayBee. Anyway, here are some photos of what I meant showing the area which is too short (ear shape on the left side).
WHat is intreaguing is that the same fault is identical on the Dash Pad as well as the complete new dash.!!
Also the left left side facade on the pad does not quite reach all the way down to where the metal protrudes where as on the right side it covers it well.
Another issue when comparing with the original pad where metal protrudes to be bolted onto the frame, the new one has a small protrusion only from one side. The hard plastic which is inside the mold and is supposed to replace the steel core, only extends on the left side of the picture (not quite visible here) but does not carry on on the other side, only foam extends where steel (or plastic in this one) is supposed to protrude. See photos below for comparison and the last one to show the otherwise very nice finish of the complete dash pad.
Farouk
71 Chally Conv 383 Magnum Manual - Hurst
71 Chally Auto 383 Magnum R/T 100% Orig
71 Chally Auto 400
70 Chally Auto small block
72 Charger SE Manual - Hurst
73 Plymouth Satellite "Sebring Plus" 100% Orig
Others: http://www.cardomain.com/id/Challenger_7

Offline Barracuda Buzz (Jones)

• Started Resto 1989-=Picture to Present 2016! Geeee
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009 - 03:28:21 PM »
 I am just doing a bunch of research after I Tour my 73 Barracuda apart 20 yrs ago. Been in the Military so I have'nt had time til now.
 One thing is that ALL Legendary Dash Pads are made by Ultimate Rides in TX, which are aLL abs Plastic Backing.
 Year One whose is made by Al Knoch who only Deals with Year One not anyone else, Year One Owns the Equipment they use.
I am gonna deal with Ultimate Rides so I can get the Metal Support and get it a bit cheaper, $550 is around the cost.
I'm researching all Parts for my Cuda if you have anything for me or that I can help just let me know.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009 - 04:09:24 AM »
I chose the UR pad for a customer resto , the pad fit well the finish was good & the service & delivery time was excellent

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009 - 04:55:11 PM »
I got mine through Az-Nick on this site as he had some specials on a while back. Service was good and the dash simply fell into place where the old one had left. Now that may be the luck of the draw as one guy will say do not use brand x then the next guy says brand x is good. You just have to suck it up and go with whatever suits you and make it fit. Don't forget we keep getting reminded on this site that fitment and finish on these cars were non-existent right from original factory deliveries. They were tough where it counted.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009 - 07:42:58 PM »
When ever I see fitment issues brought up on posts like this I think out loud to myself and see some inexperienced guy prying on his dash pad trying to get it off while a couple of nuts are still holding it down, to send it in for a core. I think some issues are due to not the vendors so much as a slightly warped core they can not see when rebuilding it.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010 - 08:35:38 PM »
Yes there were many issues back in 08 with UR pads, I will be the first to say so but I can say that selling over 250 of them in the last 2 1/2 yrs somethings have got better and some worse. I do all I can do to get them to fix any issues my customers have and I can safely say that my health has been affected by it.

My advice to all of you that are interested in purchasing a UR pad is too make sure you purchase it from a dealer, it can be from Nicks Classic Parts or any other UR dealer that sells UR pads because you will need a vocal advocate to handle any issues you may have with the pad and for collecting your core deposit if you chose to wait to send it in. It is not an easy task to get your deposit sometimes and if you have a pad delivered that has voids or damage you want someone to take care of the problem for you because if you do this on your own, it can take a long while to straiten out.

Also, if you purchase a pad from Ebay, you MAY be getting a second or one that has been returned for voids......

Do what you want and what makes you happy..........Nick

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010 - 08:52:17 PM »
Yes there were many issues back in 08 with UR pads, I will be the first to say so but I can say that selling over 250 of them in the last 2 1/2 yrs somethings have got better and some worse. I do all I can do to get them to fix any issues my customers have and I can safely say that my health has been affected by it.

My advice to all of you that are interested in purchasing a UR pad is too make sure you purchase it from a dealer, it can be from Nicks Classic Parts or any other UR dealer that sells UR pads because you will need a vocal advocate to handle any issues you may have with the pad and for collecting your core deposit if you chose to wait to send it in. It is not an easy task to get your deposit sometimes and if you have a pad delivered that has voids or damage you want someone to take care of the problem for you because if you do this on your own, it can take a long while to straiten out.

Also, if you purchase a pad from Ebay, you MAY be getting a second or one that has been returned for voids......

Do what you want and what makes you happy..........Nick
I'll second that if you get it on E-bay when you have a problem getting a responce won't happen even when you talk to them directly.
After the dye peeled of mine before it was even out of the box they were no help.
Had I known they were selling seconds thru E-bay I would have found a dealer to get a top quality part.

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010 - 10:16:46 PM »
I'll second that if you get it on E-bay when you have a problem getting a responce won't happen even when you talk to them directly.
After the dye peeled of mine before it was even out of the box they were no help.
Had I known they were selling seconds thru E-bay I would have found a dealer to get a top quality part.
:iagree: So the UR dash pad I bought may turn out to be a POS.  I have not installed it yet.  If there's trouble it will go right along with the 6 months of lies and BS the owner of UR told me before receiving the dash.  I would agree, don't EVER buy from UR yourself, go thru nick or such. 
In my opinion, a quality part from a business that lies, lies, and more lies don't go together.
Farmboy, or anyone else, Is UR still the best source for the dash pad??
Phil

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010 - 10:31:03 PM »
After my experiance with dash pads, I don't think I can help recommending anyone.
I haven't seen a good quality one in a long time.
Best Guess would be Just dashes.
Dave

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010 - 10:19:11 PM »

Sorry to here about that, I and them are not on great terms at this moment because of lies they have been feeding me but I have customers that I need to take care of. When I go through my problems with them and I do have them every now and then I want to reach through the phone and Beetch Slap someone!!!  :swear:

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010 - 10:35:46 PM »
Sorry to here about that, I and them are not on great terms at this moment because of lies they have been feeding me but I have customers that I need to take care of. When I go through my problems with them and I do have them every now and then I want to reach through the phone and Beetch Slap someone!!!  :swear:
That is not a good sign, if the dealers are having problems with them now, where do we go from here? :dunno:
Hopefully a new supplier will set up and make good parts.
On another note, I don't reproduce any thing, I just install them.
WHY is it so hard to produce something that was made by the lowest bidder 40 years ago!
Sorry rant over :lol:

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010 - 11:03:20 PM »
That is not a good sign, if the dealers are having problems with them now, where do we go from here? :dunno:
Hopefully a new supplier will set up and make good parts.
On another note, I don't reproduce any thing, I just install them.
WHY is it so hard to produce something that was made by the lowest bidder 40 years ago!
Sorry rant over :lol:

Dealers have always had problems with them now and then, it is a part of the beast, I just work it until I get the satisfaction I need for my customers or the orders dry up to dust  :biggrin: and they have to dump or get off the pot so to speak...
I have dealers call me to get there dash because they were tired of purchasing direct.

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010 - 11:35:35 PM »
i bought one of those plastic cores off ebay cause i was broke and they were 300 cheaper...worst mistake i made on the whole car...i will get a new one when i have the funds and throw the one on there now away...fit was horrible..we had to break off a few studs because they were over 1/2inch off
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010 - 11:39:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that, I have yet to hear of the plastic back dashes working for anyone.
Dave