Author Topic: DASH PADs - have you seen one in the flesh?  (Read 24364 times)

Offline RT Dude

Re: DASH PADs - have you seen one in the flesh?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010 - 04:37:41 AM »
 :feedback:
Anyone else bought a JD or UR dash pad. 
Seems they are both not great and it sounds like a lottery to get a good one. Being all the way down here in New Zealand, and with the current exchange rate its going to be a difficult decision on which one to buy and a really expensive exercise.
Brent

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010 - 09:51:08 AM »
:feedback:
Anyone else bought a JD or UR dash pad. 
Seems they are both not great and it sounds like a lottery to get a good one. Being all the way down here in New Zealand, and with the current exchange rate its going to be a difficult decision on which one to buy and a really expensive exercise.

Brent - Dont buy it from UR by yourself, you will regret it and if they know you are out of the country it will be worse.
I will do this, if you want, I will handle your purchase for you, I know I said I was done with them but I cant see you doing this on your own and have any chance of getting your pad or pads without more headaches then dating my ex-wife.....
Let me know????

Offline RT Dude

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010 - 05:48:29 PM »
Brent - Dont buy it from UR by yourself, you will regret it and if they know you are out of the country it will be worse.
I will do this, if you want, I will handle your purchase for you, I know I said I was done with them but I cant see you doing this on your own and have any chance of getting your pad or pads without more headaches then dating my ex-wife.....
Let me know????
Thanks for the feedback Nick, and also the offer to get the pads for me. IMO that is beyond the call of duty for customer service. :2thumbs:   :worshippy  (even without knowing your ex-wife  :lol: )

I can get the dash recovered locally in New Zealand, but they cant insert the stich line for the 70 Challenger dash. This is why I will probably get them from UR or JD.
I was hoping other people had bought dash pads and would post there opinions so I could make a decision.

Brent

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010 - 06:29:08 PM »
RT Dude,

This dashpad I bought from UR back in 2006. No real complaints, but the stitching isn't perfect. I know these pics stink, but I can take better ones tomorrow if you wish.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010 - 06:43:49 PM »
 :popcorn:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline RT Dude

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010 - 07:11:48 PM »
Thanks for the pics Mike  :thumbsup:  Were you happy with it?

I guess when I am paying the money I expect to get a perfect dash, but its probably only going to be as good as the core that is used for the recover.
Brent

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010 - 07:24:13 PM »
Thanks for the pics Mike  :thumbsup:  Were you happy with it?

I guess when I am paying the money I expect to get a perfect dash, but its probably only going to be as good as the core that is used for the recover.

Brent,

I did send them a steel core. Yes, I am happy with it. It did take some fitting work though. You have to trim some around the gauges and center speaker, and the outer sides. Other than that, I think it is MUCH better than the plastic cover that was sitting on my old cracked dashpad.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010 - 11:15:35 PM »
If anyone is contemplating getting a UR pad, let me know because if Brent  goes for it I would rather do it with a few so I can leverage it better......

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010 - 11:27:23 PM »
I would like one at some point ( 70 Challenger- no air) but my head is spinning with quality concerns? It's almost like you have to see it in person before you lay your money down? How much would they cost ?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2010 - 07:32:04 AM »
UR is usually at Carlisle. I can point you to their spots. Alan's an OK guy, but a little gruff to deal with.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2010 - 07:59:30 AM »
I don't understand what the deal is with UR. Any feedback?

I can't imagine it would be so hard to hand them a core/money and get a good pad right there at Carlisle. That was going to be my plan....

:clueless:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2010 - 01:30:15 PM »
I don't understand what the deal is with UR. Any feedback?

I can't imagine it would be so hard to hand them a core/money and get a good pad right there at Carlisle. That was going to be my plan....

:clueless:

that option is not a problem, I think it is the best idea to do, the problem I see and the problems I hear from all the other dealer customers and all the solo purchaser's that call me wanting me to help them is the $$$$ part of it and the delivery part of it and the core return part of the problems.....
I still believe there pad is the best option we all have next to finding a NOS pad.... 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010 - 01:32:00 PM by az-nick »

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2010 - 06:04:33 PM »
I have a UR on mine ,its about 3 yrs old,,looks great for the most part but doesnt match to the corner areas of the trim at all,,just like the one slotts posted ,really sucks there   :swear:
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2010 - 07:27:03 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Nick.  :cheers:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline RT Dude

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010 - 01:03:52 AM »
O.K, turns out I can get the pads recovered locally in New Zealand
I have seen previous restorations the company has done. They do an extremly nice job and the price is approx $750 usd ($1071 nzd).
BUT, (there is always a but) the only problem is that they cant reproduce the stitch line for the 70 Challenger dash. :crying:
I dont know the current price for the JD/UR dashes, but I am assuming it could run up to $1800usd ($2571nzd) including the freight to USA and back.
So I have to make a decision on the JD/UR pad with the stitch line (btw thanks for the offer Nick) and no control on what I get, or the local pad without the stitch line.  :pullinghair:

Brent