Author Topic: Looking to add a Shaker to the car  (Read 1174 times)

Offline MR291

Looking to add a Shaker to the car
« on: September 16, 2007 - 09:10:00 PM »
I am looking to add a shaker system to the 70 Cuda.  I have the hood, I am now on the hunt for the rest of the components.

Question is who sells the complete kits.  I heard of shakerhoods who have a reasonably priced setup, but can't find them on the internet.  Harms is another I believe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: Looking to add a Shaker to the car
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007 - 09:18:06 PM »

Offline MR291

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007 - 10:52:54 PM »
Shake my head, I thought it was a new company.  Should have tried Ben Snobar in the search.

Thanks.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007 - 11:08:16 PM »
Not to knock anyone else but from all I have heard and read, Harms makes the best shaker conversion kits and if I remember right I think he just lowered the price by a significant amount. I would get several recommendations before I made a decision. Good luck on your quest.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007 - 11:13:43 PM »
Harms does not sell the bubble assembly.   He has some really good info posted here about the bubbles though.  Just do a search on shakers.

I recently bought a complete shaker from Six Pack Performance.  It is really a nice package.  :2thumbs:
They assemble the entire bubble assembly before shipping and ship it that way.  Helps to ensure everything fits together nicely.  The base plate, trim ring, and air cleaner lid  are all powder coated.  The bubbles are already painted black and no holes for the call outs.  If you want to put them on, you just have drill the holes yourself. 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007 - 11:18:20 PM »
I learned something new today  :bigsmile: I have been to sixpack performance, it is in Albuquerque NM about 300 miles from here. They have some great stuff like elastomeric bumper packages, etc.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007 - 11:41:30 PM »
Try this guy, my shaker bubble came from him and it is far and away SUPERIOR to any repops I have seen: Jeff Bobst, he live's in Waverly Iowa .  His # is 319-352-2511.