Author Topic: Ownership Poll  (Read 3974 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: Ownership Poll
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007 - 10:15:23 PM »
 :dunno:  no freakin' clue  :grinno:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007 - 10:23:10 PM »
The first owner had it for 4 yrs. The second had it from 75 to 2006 but never drove it or even registered it. I am the 3rd owner now and still need to tag and register mine.

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007 - 10:51:47 PM »
Have to add me to the   "I don't know list" also.   
Dave or David

Offline loco440

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007 - 07:45:49 AM »
Does any one know to track down the history or past owners of their car from CAL by the way of any rego department or department of motor vehicles in CAL?

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007 - 02:28:41 PM »
Does any one know to track down the history or past owners of their car from CAL by the way of any rego department or department of motor vehicles in CAL?

I would email the DMV in your state and ask that question.   :2cents:  They might be able to help you track down the previous owners.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007 - 09:50:05 AM »
  I'm in the don't know department, vehicle is now in Australia. I bought it from Brad in Kansas, he bought it from a shifty person who tried to extort more from him because he was out of state.
   It had been through 4 or 5 people who failed to register the title but signed the back of the same title ( yeah I know that made it invalid ).
   Mark in Las Vegas sold it to a person with a zip bag full of cash. Prior to that Mark bought it from a friend who bought it from???, it was sitting in a vacant lot and not running with a few major dents and needing a bit of work. I would love to know more as would most of us......    :bigsmile:
Dave

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007 - 02:44:15 PM »
I don't know, but I wouldn't mind beating some sense into the last owner.  :horse:

Mike
:iagree: The guy who had my car before me did all sorts of hacked repairs and "modifications"
Actually ran into him at a car show almost 20 years later, he remembered my car, I was cheking his out and it had all the same "modifications" that were done to my car :eek4: when I bought it from him
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007 - 06:09:24 PM »
:iagree: The guy who had my car before me did all sorts of hacked repairs and "modifications"
Actually ran into him at a car show almost 20 years later, he remembered my car, I was cheking his out and it had all the same "modifications" that were done to my car :eek4: when I bought it from him

Did your dash lights stay on all the time?   :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol: It does a stress test on the battery... let me tell ya.  :pullinghair:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007 - 06:40:20 PM »
Did your dash lights stay on all the time?   :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol: It does a stress test on the battery... let me tell ya.  :pullinghair:

Mike

No, but my fuel sender had been "repaired" using solder, now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with repairs, but when someone tries to solder the coil (the part that the wiper inside the actual sender "box" rubs against), or when one of your 7 pistons are flat tops, and one is dished, or when all of your head bolts are original except one is an unmarked shiny grade 3 hardware store bolt or ......

:swear:
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007 - 06:58:21 PM »
No, but my fuel sender had been "repaired" using solder, now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with repairs, but when someone tries to solder the coil (the part that the wiper inside the actual sender "box" rubs against), or when one of your 7 pistons are flat tops, and one is dished, or when all of your head bolts are original except one is an unmarked shiny grade 3 hardware store bolt or ......

OK,

You win...  :smilielol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007 - 03:45:07 PM »

:eek2:

Offline 71 DEPUTY

• IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT--RAM IT!
    • Cardomain
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007 - 09:29:01 AM »
when I found out the the Deputy was from N.C I called and got the history- I'm the 21st one- :scared: