Author Topic: E-Body Spring supplier in Canada?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Skeleton73

• Rattling glass once again
E-Body Spring supplier in Canada?
« on: September 16, 2007 - 11:35:07 PM »
I'm looking to to buy new springs for my 73 Rallye  so we can start putting it back together, but I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a supplier on my side of the border. Somebody in ontario hopefully?

I contacted Springs & Things in New Jersey about a set of the ESPO springs, and they'll ship here, but I'm worried about shipping & customs charges.

scott

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: E-Body Spring supplier in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007 - 12:19:06 AM »
Mopar will bring them in , anything else I have found in Canaduh is more expensive than shipping from the US

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007 - 03:29:34 PM »
What about shipping them to a US location and picking them up.

There are places that rent out "mail boxes" by the month or for one time shipments.

If you live close to the border this seems like a reasonable option.

In fact I am going to try one out in the next few weeks, I will let you know how it goes.

Jas

74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline Doomed

• So close...to actually finishing my 'Cuda!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007 - 08:19:34 PM »
    I went through the dealership, and they were there the next day. Generally I find the dealerships at a loss for brain activity, but it the easiest way to order something so generic. Our dollar is very strong at the moment, so shipping and boarder fees are really nominal if you want to go that way. Also, if you are looking for a good pair of used springs try www.NationalMoparts.com in Beaverton - they are Canucks! Good luck.

Kyle.
"Life gets in the way of Living"

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007 - 11:29:22 PM »
How close are you to the Detroit border.  You could come over and go to Detroit Spring.     :thumbsup:

http://www.eatonsprings.com/

Offline Skeleton73

• Rattling glass once again
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007 - 09:06:01 AM »
Thanks everybody.

I'm 2.5 hours from buffalo, and 4+ from Detroit. I've made US runs for body panels and hard to get parts, but I find it hard to make the time these days. I have a set of used springs, but since we've had to replace almost everything on the car, I want to put an all-new suspension under it (and so does my restorer)

I think I'll just go to the Chrysler Dealer close to me in Toronto and order everything I need.

Scott

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007 - 08:41:32 PM »
I had the same questions this week for leaf springs.  Did a lot of research for US suppliers.  Then someone suggested my local Dodge Dealer for springs.  Viola....just get a copy of the Mopar Performance catalogue and you can order anything through your local dealer.  They are best for generic items.  The springs were the same price as the US suppliers but in CDN dollars and no shipping and more importantly...no customs.

I ordered the springs from them on Tuesday afternoon and got them today (wednesday) at 9:00am.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007 - 08:56:03 PM by kenny123 »

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007 - 01:46:08 PM »
Thanks everybody.

I'm 2.5 hours from buffalo, and 4+ from Detroit. I've made US runs for body panels and hard to get parts, but I find it hard to make the time these days. I have a set of used springs, but since we've had to replace almost everything on the car, I want to put an all-new suspension under it (and so does my restorer)

I think I'll just go to the Chrysler Dealer close to me in Toronto and order everything I need.

Scott

Are the used springs still good?  Interested in selling them? :naughty: ;D
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!