Author Topic: New Shaker Hoods on eBay?  (Read 8196 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: New Shaker Hoods on eBay?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007 - 09:25:57 PM »
WE HAVE THE SHAKERS    we are one of the vendors on ebay                                     www.rosevillemoparts.com  located in se michigan ships world wide on most items.
has all of the e/body stuff that is available from Goodmark, AMD/Stephens performance, BE/A,
mopar performance...WE HAVE THE SHAKERS in stock for the CUDAS. the challengers will be instock sometime this week. I can send you pictures of more detail if requested. they really do look pretty good. 68-70 b/body back glass in stock clear or tinted if anyone interested

:lol2: Seems I posted too late. :bigsmile:

I asked via the PM but may as well let others know, do you sell the repro hoods with holes cut out for the hood pins? Also, do you sell hoods with or without provisions for the "Barracuda" hood emblem (front left corner).  :dunno:

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007 - 09:27:05 PM »
Hey NZ you guys are in sync lol. Posts within a minute or so from each other  :bigsmile:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007 - 09:30:31 PM »

:lol2: Yup.  :naughty:

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007 - 09:36:47 AM »
I'm wondering whether both the Chally and 'Cuda hoods have the '71 style crumple undersides.

Anyone know?

'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007 - 10:03:20 AM »

Nope, as far as I know all repro hoods are the 70 style. Which, doesn't mean much. Talking to Scott Harms a while back he said he's seen more real 71 Cudas with the earlier style 70 non crumple zone hoods on them than the 71 crumple zones they "should" have. Typical Mopar thing, anything is correct, nothing is "wrong". ;)

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007 - 11:13:56 AM »
cudas are based off of the 70 and the challenger is based off of the 71
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007 - 09:31:13 AM »

Great.  I have a '71 B'Cuda and a '70 Chally.

Guess I'll be lookin' at the Harms kit a lot closer.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007 - 10:13:56 AM »

Did you read my post above? :dunno: The originals came out with any hood basically. Nothing was "correct" (you can't be surprised with that) 71 factory Shaker cars came out with 70 styles more than the 71 styles! I'm still waiting for Scott to get back. I've waited around 2 months + for a reply as he was going to organise getting a hood done on my behalf, Nada, zip, zero back. Great.  :P So, I have no choice but to look else where which I am 100% happy to do. Service these days seems to really be up the the creek. 

:eek4:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 - 10:15:35 AM by NZ440R/T »

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007 - 11:50:42 AM »
Carl. hood is shipping to Ca today bol DTR387256951
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
71 FM3 Challenger RT
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007 - 11:57:25 AM »
Carl. thank you again, hope this makes it to you in a timely manner. Let me know when you actually get it. I sent a set of challenger fenders to a fellow in new zealand and I thought it took about 8 weeks. I could be wrong.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
71 FM3 Challenger RT
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007 - 11:58:47 AM »
Did you read my post above?  The originals came out with any hood basically. Nothing was "correct" (you can't be surprised with that) 71 factory Shaker cars came out with 70 styles more than the 71 styles! I'm still waiting for Scott to get back. I've waited around 2 months + for a reply as he was going to organise getting a hood done on my behalf, Nada, zip, zero back. Great.   So, I have no choice but to look else where which I am 100% happy to do. Service these days seems to really be up the the creek.  

Carl, FYI, I e-mailed you an answer about a week after you asked me about sourcing a flat hood, I never heard back from you and just figured you decided to go elsewhere for your hood. I have the last e-mail I sent to you (I save everything) and never heard another word. If you'd like I can post my last e-mail to you here for all to see. Seems like we had a miscommunication somewhere? Please, before commenting about my service please confirm such things because I assure you, I do all I can to communicate effectively with my customers. What you were requesting required allot of legwork on my part, getting a hood shipped to a person willing to convert it for you, getting a quote that was reliable for the conversion and final shipping, etc. goes WAY beyond simply boxing and shipping a Shaker kit to a buyer. You being in New Zealand complicated your particular needs. If it were me I would have just imported a flat hood and our kit and had it converted down there, I was trying to help you the best I could considering your requests.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 - 12:39:35 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007 - 12:12:32 PM »

Great.  I have a '71 B'Cuda and a '70 Chally.

Guess I'll be lookin' at the Harms kit a lot closer.

Regardless of obvious differences like them having crush zones or not, the real issues lie in the more subtle details. If a customer wants the utmost in factory accuracey there is no closer combination available than a factory flat hood and one of our kits. No other kit (or complete hood) on the market gets as many features right, and no other product is made from 100% US grade steel PERIOD.

So, the market will be split between those who don't care about small details, don't mind using Taiwan (softer) steel, and who don't want to deal with locating and converting a flat hood. This buyer will choose a complete hood in most cases, nuff said.

For someone who wants the ultimate in correct factory appearances and detail, who already has a flat hood or a reasonably priced source for one, who either doesn't mind doing or paying for the conversion work, who wants a part that's gauranteed to fit and be as dent resistant as an original (US steel) and who considers that our delivered price is less than half the cost of a complete hood, then our kit are the obvious choice.

The choice is yours, there's now something for everybody. There may be more to add once someone has actually painted and fitted one of the new complete hoods to a car, something I have not seen yet. Fit and finish quality are still "to be seen".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 - 05:18:02 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007 - 08:55:29 PM »
and who considers that our delivered price is less than half the cost of a complete hood, then our kit are the obvious choice.

Can you expand on this cost difference?  From what I can tell, it would seem like the cost of the new hoods would be 1/2 the cost of converting?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007 - 09:42:12 PM »

Thank you Dave, looks great all packaged up. :cheers:

Scott - All I've seen on posts about these new hoods is you talking them down and of course you would, they will take sales away from you. From what I've heard they're fantastic hoods. People who know me know I don't stinge on my cars, I always want the best, so, I thought I'd get a new hood, paint and prep it to see. Looks the part will it look the part on my car? Not sure, if it doesn't look the part at least I've tried it. If it isn't I'll keep an eye out for an original. FYI, I was waiting on you to obtain a quote from your builder and have heard nothing back.

All the panels people buy for these cars is "softer" steel from Taiwan, and people shouldn't bigot about these products, yes, some are crap yet others are equal too or better than "US grade" stuff. If you overlook the country of origin some of these products are very good. All of the parts from Goodmarks are made in Taiwan or China and there are heaps of people who are happy with there products. The factory wasn't crash hot either so some may argue, why copy something that wasn't perfect to begin with? Of course there are those with 100% point show cars that trailer them.

$999 for these hoods, complete and ready to paint. Once Madeline is done everyone can have a good nosy with close up photos. I'm not worried one bit. Nothing in the market for hoods is perfect, only original or NOS are correct.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007 - 10:40:52 PM »
Scott - All I've seen on posts about these new hoods is you talking them down and of course you would, they will take sales away from you. From what I've heard they're fantastic hoods. People who know me know I don't stinge on my cars, I always want the best, so, I thought I'd get a new hood, paint and prep it to see. Looks the part will it look the part on my car? Not sure, if it doesn't look the part at least I've tried it. If it isn't I'll keep an eye out for an original. FYI, I was waiting on you to obtain a quote from your builder and have heard nothing back.

All the panels people buy for these cars is "softer" steel from Taiwan, and people shouldn't bigot about these products, yes, some are crap yet others are equal too or better than "US grade" stuff. If you overlook the country of origin some of these products are very good. All of the parts from Goodmarks are made in Taiwan or China and there are heaps of people who are happy with there products. The factory wasn't crash hot either so some may argue, why copy something that wasn't perfect to begin with? Of course there are those with 100% point show cars that trailer them.

$999 for these hoods, complete and ready to paint. Once Madeline is done everyone can have a good nosy with close up photos. I'm not worried one bit. Nothing in the market for hoods is perfect, only original or NOS are correct.

Carl,

I have never "Talked Down" the complete hoods, I have simply made statements based on personal observations concerning features and benifits of both the AMD and the Harms products, if you don't agree with them that's fine, please feel free to debate any observation I have made concerning either product, but please use facts and not generalizations of what you deem is acceptable, fact is, our kits are closer to OEM than anything else, i never said they were 100% exact yet you are debating that for some reason? Of course, I am trying to educate buyers on these differences, that's my job to do so in selling my product, but don't confuse my observations as fabricated in some half hearted effort to knock my competition, I can back every one of my comments with facts should it be required.  That being said, as I mentioned in my prior post, BOTH complete hoods and kits have thier advantages and benifits, it just depends on what the wants and needs of the buyers happen to be. Your last post is typical of someone who likes to ignore the facts and make excuses for the vendor they have chosen, that doesn't make anyones product worse or better, it just means you are happy with whatever quality level the parts you bought offer. I find that interesting since you haven't actually seen ANY of these parts in person yet! "ready for paint"? That's to be seen as well.

Concerning the service you recieved from me, I can't explain why you didn't recieve my e-mails, at my end it appeared everything went through fine. Since you never attempted to contact me (you know, like a quick e-mail asking "Hey where's my quote" etc.) I would have responded. Keep in mind, I SELL KITS, not flat hoods, not conversions, and not shipping services, I went through allot of phone calls and back and forth with a private body shop in getting you a quote, they are not "my builder" just a shop that I reccomend as they had done a good number of conversions for my past customers, it's not a normal service I offer, I was going above and beyond to try and help you. If you want proof of this I'll gladly send you copies of my e-mails. At any rate it's water under the bridge now, you bought a hood. BTW, what ever happened to the origianal Shaker hood you bought, remember? The day after you bought and paid for my kit you wanted a refund (which you recieved in full the same day) because you found an original hood? Now you are buying a reproduction hood? Maybe I missed something?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 - 11:07:03 PM by Harms inc. »