Author Topic: New Shaker Hoods on eBay?  (Read 8194 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: New Shaker Hoods on eBay?
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2007 - 06:42:46 AM »

Cool. :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2007 - 08:46:44 PM »
Sounds like they are pretty good, maybe better than the DIY kit.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3812084&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2007 - 09:06:51 PM »
Katfish, I have gone round and round with that clown on previous threads, (yes I resorted to name calling because it's well deserved). Whether you buy a complete hood or not,  I wouldn't reccomend basing your decision based on him being the only source of information. His comments about DIY kits are without foundation and he knows it, totally grabbing at straws for reasons to bash them (and don't be fooled by his lack of calling out the manufacturer by name, it's Harms he's addressing) I am intentionally putting him on my "ignore" list as his post is just an effort to "bait" me into a fight on Moparts. No need to wrestle with a pig in the mud, the pig likes it. He thumbs his nose at direct questions challenging his comments (many of which have been proven to be outright lies). So, I won't comment on any thread he's involved in, he can't be taken seriously IMO.

The new  hoods will speak for themselves as they begin landing in other buyers hands, I've seen them and commented already on what differences I noticed as compared to a factory hood. The photos that have been posted of the underside here on Cuda-Challenger so far do not show all the details, they need to be good quality shots of the under side taken parralell to the surface to really see the details, 4 foot away shots taken at an angle don't do the job. At any rate, we'll see how things pan out once more get into circulation....Don't go "dumping" your DIY kits or flat hoods just yet :grinno:.

Trust me "round 2" of this discussion will be comming soon enough

:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007 - 09:09:00 PM by Harms inc. »

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2007 - 03:20:24 PM »
Scott, I may have mentioned this before, but why don't you offer a bubble component kit, so that your customers can get everything at one place? You could get the components from whoever you feel makes the best products. I would love to get a shaker hood, and would probably get one of your kits because I like the idea of using a real hood. Nothing fits like factory. What has stopped me, is trying to find, compare, and buy all of the various bubble components from the various manufacturers of those components.