Author Topic: New Shaker Hoods on eBay?  (Read 8197 times)

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
Re: New Shaker Hoods on eBay?
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:14:28 AM »
Dude, I thought 'peddling' was slang for 'selling'...explain...

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:16:13 AM »
Dude, I thought 'peddling' was slang for 'selling'...explain...

LOL so did I. What is wrong with saying peddling?  :dunno:  :clueless:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:17:56 AM »
He sounds offended, here is the pic I was talking about...

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:21:39 AM »
Peddling sounds good to me. :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:27:12 AM »
Sorry but still looks moulded and the more I look the more moulded it gets!  Sure looks like he has it in stock to me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHAKER-HOOD-CUDA-CHALLENGER-70-71-72-73-74-PDX_W0QQitemZ150166032750QQihZ005QQcategoryZ140705QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007 - 05:59:16 AM »

I don't quite get the molded thing myself? :dunno: But, I'm always keen to better the factory (not hard) so if it's cleaner, hidden & not seen, I'd do it to improve the car. Just like painting screws out black in the interior or blacking 100% out behind the radiator. Mods that provide longetivy & cleaner results I'm all for, to a point, has to be hidden.

Not "correct" but pffft, who gives a crap, if it looks better, lasts longer and is unnoticible to 95% of the viewers, why wouldn't you. ;) Mind you, I build the cars for myself, not to worry about the -2 "gurus" that will see it in it's life and say "the hood isn't quite correct" lol. Like I've said before, with a 540 & 5-speed it's not going to be a "tribute" or "clone" so correctness can go blow camels, as long as the quality is good and the fit is perfect, that's all I want. :2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:06:56 PM »
Which is why I send EVERYONE direct to Art at Six Pack, he's got a better persona for dealing with people than Gene does and the prices are the same as going direct (Art only sells finished bubbles as far as I know). The finished bubbles Art sells go for between $250.00-$300.00, the price you paid on ebay seems to indicate why the one you bought wasn't finished.

*BTW, there is no such thing as an "Exact" replica of a factory Shaker bubble on the market today, every one of them has differences, some being much more obvious than others, IMO, Gene's (finished) bubbles are the best/most accurate out there at this time.

I was actually referring to the shaker GRILLES.  I sure hope the bubble doesn't need as much work! 
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:09:39 PM »
selling on ebay is not peddling, it gives you the ability to sell out side of your market place. the brace is not molded. it is a separate stamped steel part that is welded in. i have been asked to post more pics of the inside structure since no else will or has the hoods to do so. which i will between now and monday

Yes yes, more pics please!  Chally and Cuda too! 
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007 - 12:59:19 PM »
I was actually referring to the shaker GRILLES.  I sure hope the bubble doesn't need as much work! 

The best grills on the market are made by Gerome Verbit (he's in PA). Gerome supplies Year one and Six Pack Performance (who sells them in Gene's complete bubble setups). I have not looked at Gene's personal versions yet but have little doubt they'll need work to get them to fit, heck that being said I have'nt seen ANY grills that fit right in ANY reproduction bubble without some work being done to them. That's another reason I send everyone to Art at Six Pack and suggest they buy a bubble with the grills already fitted to save the headache.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007 - 01:03:16 PM »
Does the kit from six pack performance for 2500 come with everything that you need besides a hood?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007 - 01:43:22 PM »
Does the kit from six pack performance for 2500 come with everything that you need besides a hood?

As far as I know, yes. In fact if you want a hood as well he carries those too, they are Gene's converted flat hoods though.

Keep in mind, I make these reccomendations based on my personal experience and opinions. I make NOTHING on any sales Art or Gene make, I send people there in an effort to provide a bit of extra customer service to my customers who purchase our kits and want to know where they can buy the rest of the conversion parts needed to complete a setup. I do so knowing full well that I will likely lose some sales to those who contact them and buy a converted hood rather than my kit, that's all good though because if they choose to do so they are likely not my customer in the first place as Gene's hoods (like ALL others on the market, complete or otherwise) don't offer the same level of factory correctness as a Harms kit/OEM flat hood does. Our buyers care about the details, some buyers don't (a good example is NZ's post above).

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007 - 09:48:31 PM »

Our buyers care about the details, some buyers don't (a good example is NZ's post above).

Scott, no need to put it like I/we build cars with no detail or "don't care about it" in some cases I don't care about correctness but detail is something I do care about, craftsmanship and having OCD is good in this instance. Take a look at Lucy as evidence of this. Some (like myself) just prefer to better the factory where possible, again, this is not hard as the factory parts weren't the best, espesically interior wise and some of the body panel pieces. Correctness & detail/quality are two different ball games, make sure you understand the difference before trying to talk someone down.

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007 - 01:39:23 AM »
Not "correct" but pffft, who gives a crap, if it looks better, lasts longer and is unnoticible to 95% of the viewers, why wouldn't you.  Mind you, I build the cars for myself, not to worry about the -2 "gurus" that will see it in it's life and say "the hood isn't quite correct" lol. Like I've said before, with a 540 & 5-speed it's not going to be a "tribute" or "clone" so correctness can go blow camels, as long as the quality is good and the fit is perfect, that's all I want.

NZ, don't read my comment as being derogatory, I was simply referring to your above comments, my comment was specifically about original details, not details in general.

make sure you understand the difference before trying to talk someone down.

Pot, meet Kettle   :cheers:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007 - 02:03:15 AM »

I haven't made any comment on the differences and plainly stated (if you read) I didn't even understand the molding thing so your little quoted comment at the end is laughable. You can't think these new hoods are "that" bad, you hastily dropped your products by 1/2 price to compete so I fully understand you coming here to pick out even the smallest differences. Again, I care about the quality & attention to detail but prefer to better the 37+ year faults.  ;)

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007 - 05:36:54 AM »
I haven't made any comment on the differences and plainly stated (if you read) I didn't even understand the molding thing so your little quoted comment at the end is laughable. You can't think these new hoods are "that" bad, you hastily dropped your products by 1/2 price to compete so I fully understand you coming here to pick out even the smallest differences. Again, I care about the quality & attention to detail but prefer to better the 37+ year faults.   

Carl I think this has gone far enough with the tit for tat, obviously you have made your choice for whatever reasons and that's fine, I wish you the best and hope you enjoy your new hood. But please, be careful with your generalizations, assumptions, and exagerations concerning our products, you have not seen them (or AMD's) in person so you can't comment on any details, quality, or other issues comming from a point of experience. I'm sure once you recieve your hood you'll be very impressed with it, especially since you won't have mine or an original sitting next to it to compare with. 

Here are a few facts:

1. We did not drop our price by half, back in July which is about 2 months before any complete hoods were available for sale. The old price was, $750.00 which was reduced to $499.00 (which is not half), and yes we did so to meet a competitive situation with the announcment of a complete hood comming.
2. The differences between ours and a factory part are fewer than any other product on the market.
3. Just because something is new does not make it automatically better, having messed with plenty of original hoods, and after handling PLENTY of Taiwan reproduction sheet metal (I'm a Goodmark dealer, they get thier parts from the same place AMD does) I know the difference between the two materials and it's not as small as many would like to imagine, especially concerning crispness of the stampings and dent resistance.

In any event, don't let these typed words get in the way of friendship, I'm not typing this with a mean spirit, just trying to make sure there are no misunderstandings about our products.

Cheers,
Scott
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007 - 05:53:17 AM by Harms inc. »