Willow Springs, Spring Fling, MATS 1600 mile road trip

Author Topic: Willow Springs, Spring Fling, MATS 1600 mile road trip  (Read 191372 times)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
....You ought to tell him to give you a pile of business cards and cut the paint job in half   :bigsmile:
honestly, I think he has already. This is way more work than what I paid him to do. I'm not complaining.....
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
That is so way cool  :drool:

I like the little touches  :cooldancing:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Hey Eric, the attention to detail is where it is all at.  It does look amazing buddy, and the detail he has put in to every single part of the strobe stripe is remarkable to say the least, gives it depth, and i love the stainless looking spear that pierces its way through the strobes also, the flames do look really well excecuted :2thumbs: Looks like you have your Hot Rod 'Cuda AAR tribute after all, i bet you are so happy. :bananasmi and it is nearly ready for full picture posting for us all to :drool: :bigsmile:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Kapteenikosmos

Holy cr4p! The details look amazing. I'm glad you decided to go with the flames. They add the "something" into it but are not too much. Great looking car!  :thumbsup:
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
That thing looks incredible!
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
I too like the way the strobe is connected with the rod. The 3D affect of it and each segment's shadow gives it a "heavy metal" look. The smoke is cool and different too - kind've like freezing cold smoke coming off of dry ice?

Is definitely one of a kind, I think I would be careful not too venture too much further off though. I think at a point, it can be distracting for all the other quality work thats gone into the car.   
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
the flames on the hood are awesome!!
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline sadil340

When you said flames I was thinking yellow/orange and NO. Now that I've seen them I'm sold. The blue is perfect and very creative. Your paint guy is hugely talented.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Thanks for the compliments everyone. There isn't anymore artwork added from my last pictures, at that point everything was under a few coats of clear, and and Steve said "when the clear goes on, the art is done". It might be ready for some shiny pictures tomorrow. Not sure yet.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
Very nice!   :2thumbs:  Good to see you got some color on that thing!
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
looks like next week it will come home, posting a couple of pictures I used to guesstimate where the antenna hole on the passenger quarter should go for another member. If someone has the dimensions of where the hole should be located, could you post them?

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
I smell clearcoat...      :picture: :bigsmile:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
One side is rubbed out, hope to see more progress soon.....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
That looks sweet! The paint looks a foot deep with the stripe hovering somewhere in the middle    :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Riceman65

• What can i say i love rice!
Re: ntstlgl 70 AAR Barracuda "Tribute" 6/23 - some updates
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2009 - 08:51:05 PM »
WOW!! that is gonna be a neck breaker. paint looks great and the graphics ?? man they just set it off.