Willow Springs, Spring Fling, MATS 1600 mile road trip

Author Topic: Willow Springs, Spring Fling, MATS 1600 mile road trip  (Read 191429 times)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: ntstlgl - 70 Barracuda restification -many pics - Update 4/6
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2008 - 07:13:56 PM »
Hi Eric,

Your work e-mail still does not work for me.  I sent a reply with an attachment of what i got bounced back for you to view in the eric@ntstlgl.com conection.

Thanks mate,
Kenny.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Re: ntstlgl - 70 Barracuda restification -many pics - Update 4/6
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2008 - 02:16:20 AM »
got some epoxy on the inside of the trunklid. this is the first part of the car that I have put a color on - I'm really excited! Hope to do the outside of the trunklid wednesday night.

70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
Re: ntstlgl - 70 Barracuda restification -milestone reached- Update 4/7
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2008 - 05:19:17 AM »
Hey ntslgl,

Isn't it amazing how much work goes into something from start to finish and then cover it all up in one color and look like nothing has been done.............. :faint: All the edges and inside coatings and gapping and adding more steel taking some steel off, you know exactly what i mean.  When someone comes up to a car and can not pick the modified gaps and flawless work, then you know you have done your job right. :2thumbs:  Looks awesome buddy. :clapping: Keep up the good work.............................

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2008 - 05:53:58 AM »
will you redo my trunk for me please  :smilielol:

Great stuff its nice to see color on car parts  :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline 383efi

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2008 - 12:26:52 AM »
I got to see Eric's work firsthand today when I picked up the Cuda door for Hemiken. The trunk lid looked great. Eric has a very nice project going.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2008 - 12:34:38 AM »
Your epoxy looks better than my paint.  :faint:

Looking great!  Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2008 - 03:35:58 AM »
I got to see Eric's work firsthand today when I picked up the Cuda door for Hemiken. The trunk lid looked great. Eric has a very nice project going.
I hope you guys can keep in touch with each other now and you get your Challenger soon 383efi.........

Erics 'Cuda will look stunning when finished. :drool:

And thanks again....................................... :jumping:

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2008 - 04:00:00 PM »
I hope you guys can keep in touch with each other now and you get your Challenger soon 383efi.........

Erics 'Cuda will look stunning when finished. :drool:

And thanks again....................................... :jumping:
Thanks guys. I went by the paint store cause I needed some more epoxy, well to make a long story short, I bought the blue epoxy I have now on the other side of town where I lived 2 years ago, the paint store near my house doesn't carry the blue epoxy PPG DP60LF (said haven't had it in years since it was a slow mover) sooo......

:thinkerg: guess my car will end up being black DP90LF for a while until it's time for the primer surfacer. Also bought a gallon of it so there won't be a supply issue anytime soon. Will be kinda neat to see the car in black though that may take a while. But I should have a black trunk lid (at least the outside) tonight!
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2008 - 11:41:27 AM »
Shot the trunk lid top last night, looks like I missed some stuff so I may have more work to do  :working:

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Re: ntstlgl - 70 Barracuda resterfercation - Update 4/11
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2008 - 11:45:32 AM »
Maybe I'm expecting too much of the epoxy, the sanding scratches and pinholes are my fault, but I thought the sealer would cover the filler pretty well. Maybe I didn't put enough sealer on? I've had a couple of guys tell me that the primer/surfacer will cover this but  :dunno:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2008 - 11:48:54 AM »
I was about to say i spy some pin holes........................ But you beat me to it.   You should know better old mate.  Pin holes are a curse, fill them properly with some Ultra fine blade putty, listen to your head.   :2thumbs:   :clapping:

Offline Travis72

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2008 - 09:36:43 PM »
Is that just 1 coat of epoxy?  I had the same basic experience with the DPLF.  It appears that the body filler just soaks up the epoxy.  If you hit it with another coat it should blend in more.  Plus you'll be putting other primer on later, so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2008 - 09:16:48 AM »
dude - you're into pinball? I have a Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball machine. Just had to move it too. Ugh
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2008 - 04:42:18 PM »
going to go back out and fix the defects and shoot another coat on it.

miketyler-yeah I'm into pinball, before I moved into this house I had 4, Firepower, Flash, Meteor, Twilight Zone and was working on Scared Stiff for a friend. I did some shop jobs for a route owner that paid pretty well. With the new place there isn't as much room. We might add onto the garage later so I could get a couple more pins. Eventually I would like to get a Theatre of Magic, High Speed 2 and maybe Lord of the Rings. But that is far off, trying to focus on the car right now...for fun next time you are in Las Vegas, check out the pinball hall of fame - they have about 100 pins all setup about 4 miles off the strip. They rotate machines all the time, the guy that runs it has about 700 (not kidding) at his house. (pic with all the pins is one of 4 or 5 rows at his house)

http://www.pinballmuseum.org/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008 - 01:18:12 AM by ntstlgl1970 »

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2008 - 11:36:43 PM »
I know the feeling. You think it's looking good. But as soon as its painted you can see more defects.  :crying: Your work looks great.  :thumbsup: I've tried Slick Sand by Evercoat for the first coat. It's liquid polyester. Makes a great sealer and fills pinholes and sand marks quite well.  :2cents: I'm learning as I go since I'm afraid of the body shop bill for all the crazy things I've cut up on my car. 
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.