Author Topic: this price seem a little off the wall to you guys?  (Read 2359 times)

Offline challngd73

this price seem a little off the wall to you guys?
« on: September 20, 2007 - 02:52:25 AM »
http://adcache.collectorcartrader.com/10/3/6/89457336.htm
I know it doesnt have the origonal motor, but come on, that price seems scam-like low for a 6-pack car in that condition...anyone familiar with that dealership?

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
Re: this price seem a little off the wall to you guys?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007 - 03:59:04 AM »
The front looks like it doesn't have an engine in it. and wheres the six pack?

Offline challngd73

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007 - 04:20:51 AM »
The front looks like it doesn't have an engine in it. and wheres the six pack?
the pic shows a motor...I believe it is not the origonal motor in the car.  still, if it were a rolling chasis in that shape, the price wouldnt be far off id think.  maybe im wrong, but seems low.

Offline Tommy Chryco

• Fight the Good Fight: Manufacturer of Shaker kits
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007 - 07:35:05 AM »
thats craze no inner fenders, no wiper motor, wrong k-frame, probably has major rust issues.....
Manufacturer of Shaker kits and Elastomeric Bumpers!

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007 - 08:51:43 AM »
I actually talked with this guy almost a year ago when I was looking to buy a Cuda.  He seems real nice and seems to be a stand-up type guy.  The Cuda I was looking at was in the same condition, fresh paint,  body work, etc.  The interior had to be put back together (which he had and went with the car) and it needed complete wiring and the motor had to be hooked up.  It did come with a 340, but just bolted to the motor mounts, nothing else.

I'f my memory serves me correctly, I think to ship it from IL to FL was about $700.00....pretty cheap in my book for shipping a car.

Again, I've never done business with the guy (the person I talked to was named Oscar), but he seemed nice and straight forward as to what the car needed.

Just my  :2cents:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007 - 09:06:58 AM »
the front end is butchered  :misbehaving: , BUT it is a '70. not a bad price  :money: ........ but CHECK those numbers!!!  :working:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007 - 09:56:19 AM »
This is HPLAG ?  If so, better read up on what people who have bought cars from them think.  Not pretty.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=17766.0

http://sillypatrick.bravehost.com/hlpag1.htm

Forewarned is..................

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline matt63

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007 - 10:09:29 AM »
The car looks cut up.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007 - 01:17:02 PM »
If your considering buying the car I can inspect it in person. From previous personal expirence I can promise you the car will need wayyyy more work than appears. I haven't seen this car but others tend to be worth half the asking price.

Keep in mind they are a dealer and do this to make money so buyer beware. PM me if your interested.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007 - 03:00:01 PM »

Check this "commercial" out. i bet you could say the same for this "classic car" dealer!!  :roflsmiley:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007 - 04:28:07 PM »
Ok, so I read the threads above....WOW.....what an idiot that guy was....at any rate, we don't know if someone was posing as a worker from there or if he actually worked there.  Never-the-less, it seems legit (all the bad talks about their company), but I'll still hold my comments as to the guy (Oscar) that I talked to.....he truely didn't seem to beat around the bush with me.   :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007 - 05:43:36 PM by RDF »
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Metalsludge

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007 - 05:00:45 PM »
I used to check their site quite a bit. There are so many complaints about them all over the internet. Hold on to your wallet

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007 - 06:08:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTWz7nu_wk

Check this "commercial" out. i bet you could say the same for this "classic car" dealer!!  :roflsmiley:

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007 - 09:31:38 PM »
Ok, so I read the threads above....WOW.....what an idiot that guy was....at any rate, we don't know if someone was posing as a worker from there or if he actually worked there.  Never-the-less, it seems legit (all the bad talks about their company), but I'll still hold my comments as to the guy (Oscar) that I talked to.....he truely didn't seem to beat around the bush with me.   :2thumbs:

RDF, I've spoken with Oscar myself and he seemed like a nice guy. The only issue I had with him was his description of the car. I was looking at an ebody vert (project) that was described as very restorable. Since I'm local I went to the lot myself. The car didn't have much if anything useable. I couldn't even of use it for a re-body since the Vert stuff was either junk or gone. I was just glad I only wasted a few hours of my day and no real $$$$.  Just my experience but a Old car dealer should know the drifference between "very restorable" and junk.

Again I'm not trying to jump all over them just thought I would share my personal experience. I'm sure everyone has their own and people may love them.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007 - 03:59:52 AM »
Ok, so I read the threads above....WOW.....what an idiot that guy was....at any rate, we don't know if someone was posing as a worker from there or if he actually worked there.  Never-the-less, it seems legit (all the bad talks about their company), but I'll still hold my comments as to the guy (Oscar) that I talked to.....he truely didn't seem to beat around the bush with me.   :2thumbs:

The best conmen are always the seemingly nicest guys. NO reflection on them. Just my  :2cents: