Author Topic: Challenger Destruction Movie  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
Challenger Destruction Movie
« on: September 22, 2007 - 03:19:26 PM »
Last night we rent the movie  :popcorn: Death Proof by director  Quenting Tarantino that is advertise as the "Tarantinos most original movie since Pulp Fiction" staring Kurt Russell  :burnout:..well I am not a movie critic so you have to judged by your self but in my personal opinion beside not making to much sence of a sociopathic stuntman plot  :scared: was kind of difficult to view the complete destruction of a white Challenger   :crying: (that remaind me at Vanishing Point) :( :(

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
Re: Challenger Destruction Movie
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007 - 07:51:10 PM »
The fact that it was a Quentin Tarantino movie should have tipped you off that it was gonna suck...

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Dead Now Rise

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007 - 07:38:25 PM »
The '70 Challenger and '69 Charger are the best things about that movie. ALOT of talking, I think i heard the "F" word about 5,000 times, and then they kill the mopars.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007 - 08:21:57 PM »
 :iagree:

Offline dukeboy_318

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007 - 02:28:23 PM »
two perfectly good cars, totally destroyed.  Man, i wish these guys would just give me the cars instead of destroying them

Offline RabidScott

• Work in Progress
    • waywardgarage.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007 - 08:02:52 PM »
Aside from all jive-talkin' hoochies, I thought it was pretty good.  Definately something I'm going to buy.

The window frames on the Challenger cracked me up.

Old cars get wrecked, parted out and crushed everyday, but everyone goes apesh!t when a movie destroys a handful of 'em.  Maybe it's movies like this that help get fresh blood into the hobby, and save a few old cars... for a while, anyways.

Personally, I though Stuntman Mike should have killed the rest of the ladies in the Challenger, except maybe Zoe, so she could go back and get the Mustang so we could have watched that get thrashed, too.

1970 Dodge Challenger
13.9 @ 101 with stock internally 440, OD 4 speed, 3.23 LSD

WaywardGarage.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007 - 10:17:25 AM »
In vanishing point they destroyed a white Chevy Camaro not a challenger, so its totally ok.  :naughty: :grinyes:

Yup. Seems they had more brains back then despite all the drugs, cause, in the remake they killed a real 70 Challenger.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

sleepychallenger

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007 - 12:12:58 PM »
Aside from all jive-talkin' hoochies, I thought it was pretty good.  Definately something I'm going to buy.

The window frames on the Challenger cracked me up.

Old cars get wrecked, parted out and crushed everyday, but everyone goes apesh!t when a movie destroys a handful of 'em.  Maybe it's movies like this that help get fresh blood into the hobby, and save a few old cars... for a while, anyways.

Personally, I though Stuntman Mike should have killed the rest of the ladies in the Challenger, except maybe Zoe, so she could go back and get the Mustang so we could have watched that get thrashed, too.

wrecking them on accident and parting out "unsaveable" cars is different, the movie cars always look like someone could have easily made them nice street cars not the trast that they turn into.... just my  :2cents:

BTW... i thought the movie sucked. the mopars are the only reason i will buy it

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007 - 12:31:31 PM »
As far as the plot, the movie is designed to look like a movie that was being made with a boring plot, then something changed.  Either the director or someone was bored with it or got mad at someone in the movie industry, then made it completely different movie.  It was also made to look like they didn't want to scrap the filming they did, so that is why the first part and second part are so disconnected.  You get a hint of this at the beginning of the movie where the original title is just marked out and new one written over it.  All of this basically was done to recreate a bad movie that may have been made back in the early seventies.   In a way you can think of it as rebuilding an old Mopar to the way it came off the assembly line.  Over spray, paint runs, bad panel alignment, mismatched parts, etc...

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007 - 05:59:31 PM »
OK guys, you got me curious. I just bought a copy on E-Bay.   :ebay:

Mike    :popcorn:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007 - 07:20:36 PM »
  It's a peek into Quentin's influences when he was young and hungry and working in a video rental store. Think of the fictional 'Grindhouse' as representing the "B" list movie companies compared to "A" listers such as Paramount or 20th Century Fox. "B" movies more often than not came out as double features so Quentin (Deathproof) and Robert Rodriguez (Planet Terror) teamed up to create their own double feature done purposely in "B" grade style. When released to theatres, they even included "B" style promos for 'Coming Attractions' before the first feature as well as before the start of the second feature. All done in cheesy "B" style.
  I knew it was Quentin and was more than happy to see his style applied to 'Vanishing Point' which he had not seen until after he started 'Deathproof' and liked so much that he incorporated that storyline with what he already had at the time. Everything i've read on Deathproof claims he used rusty, not-worth-saving Mopars. Really, though, only the cast and crew know for sure... :dunno:

Russ
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

sleepychallenger

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007 - 08:28:59 AM »
i could have sworn that i read that the cars were in decent shape, but two of them were or all three of the challengers were 72 ^ but one got a new tail panel. something about them all being 318 cars. i thought that was in MCG some time ago

Offline gomopar440

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007 - 12:53:07 PM »
I saw part of the movie. The window frames immediately blew my mind...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007 - 12:55:49 PM by gomopar440 »

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007 - 12:27:13 PM »
OK guys, you got me curious. I just bought a copy on E-Bay.   :ebay:

Mike    :popcorn:

Make sure when your done watching it, you pass it around to those on the board who want to watch it :grinno:
Trust me, you'll find out the real meaning of Vanishing Point  :sadwavey: ...........J/K  :lol:

For those who may not remember  :horse:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=21767.0

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

daves70

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007 - 12:31:25 PM »
I haven't seen it. My boy said it sucked.  :dunno: