Author Topic: 70 barnyard find barracuda.... exhumed the body today  (Read 3418 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: 70 barnyard find barracuda.... exhumed the body today
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007 - 07:48:54 AM »
You have more guts than I do. Good luck with it.   :wave:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007 - 11:04:07 AM »
Good luck with the direction you take :thumbsup: First fender tag I can remember seeing with two R-codes listed...learn something new everyday.

:cheers:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007 - 11:06:05 AM »
Glad you finally,got it out! i wouldnt give up all hope just yet.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007 - 05:12:03 PM »
It's good to see you're getting an opportunity to begin working on it.  Sure, it may look very rough, but from what I can see some new quarter panels, some floor pans/patches, and probably two new frame rails for the back should get you a nice solid starting point. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007 - 06:16:44 PM »
Nice, I am glad someone has taken intrest in it again.   :woohoo:

Keep us informed on your progress.   :2thumbs:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline matt63

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007 - 06:34:52 PM »
I would put it back where you got it and throw some dirt on it so no one else digs it up. :smilielol:

All kidding aside, good luck with the find!
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007 - 06:43:39 PM »
Good luck.  You are very brave indeed.
1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007 - 07:10:50 PM »
I would build a tube chassis resto-mod.Good luck whatever YOU decide to do with it.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007 - 09:20:43 AM »
just curious...

... wouldn't this farm still have a property owner whether anyone currently lives there or not, and wouldn't the car belong to the property owner ??

...how would the car be titled, what if you invest a large amount of $$$ and the person with the title says "hey, that car is mine"

..............unless there is more to the story than I have read, I think I would quietly make the car disappear

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007 - 09:35:20 AM »
Here's a clip from his post 3 years ago.  I certainly don't have the talent to work magic on that car!  Hope you do!  :thumbsup:

"It belonged to a distant relative.  I heard from one of my Dads buddies this weekend a little story on the car.  The owner had a problem with a Fram oil filter plugging up and not letting the oil thru.  The filter ended up wrecking the original block so they had to replace it.  They sent in the filter to Fram and Fram ended up paying for the new engine. 
The car was in an accident, hit in the front end.  Then it was towed to this farm and sat there ever since.  Some little old lady owns the property, my Dad is gonna give her a call this week to see if i can go get it."
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007 - 11:16:21 AM »
Here's a clip from his post 3 years ago.  I certainly don't have the talent to work magic on that car!  Hope you do!  :thumbsup:

"It belonged to a distant relative.  I heard from one of my Dads buddies this weekend a little story on the car.  The owner had a problem with a Fram oil filter plugging up and not letting the oil thru.  The filter ended up wrecking the original block so they had to replace it.  They sent in the filter to Fram and Fram ended up paying for the new engine. 
The car was in an accident, hit in the front end.  Then it was towed to this farm and sat there ever since.  Some little old lady owns the property, my Dad is gonna give her a call this week to see if i can go get it."

good, sounds like he is covered....sure looks like a project :popcorn:

....I know of another very rare MOPAR that is in the same situation...but if it was revived/restored it would still show up as a stolen car from many years ago...a person could lose many $$$

Offline gomopar440

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007 - 12:29:22 PM »
Why not just run the VIN through the local police station to check it out?

At worst, if it came back stolen, you would have to turn it over and probably be out just the cost of pulling it out. Given the current condition of it, I doubt anyone would want it like it is and you could probably make a offer to buy it and make it legaly yours.

But from the sound of it, (little old lady story w/known history) it's probably more likely to come back in the clear, and you'd have a definate green light to do whatever you please with it. I'd still think you'd want to get it titled in your own name before turning a wrench on it just to be safe though.

Offline PocketThunder

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007 - 01:14:47 PM »
A little old lady (Beverly) who moved to town years ago still owns the farm, i bought the car from her and she filled out a bill of sale.  I asked about the title and she said she is sure that there never was one for it.  I stopped at my distant relatives house while i was in town and asked my distant cousin if they could find the title to the car in their house somewhere.  She said they will look for it but there are no guarantees.  So the title is most likely long gone, and the previous owner wants nothing to do with the car.  I suppose i could go get a bill of sale from my distant Uncle saying that i bought the car from him but then thats not the real truth either.  Anyways, i've got the history covered, i know its not stolen and the title is (most likely) long gone.  If the title does turn up my cousin will be giving me a call with it.
'70 Barracuda.  '69 Charger 500.  '68 Charger XP.

Offline gomopar440

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007 - 02:15:14 PM »
Sounds like you probably shouldn't have any problems getting a title for it then.  :2thumbs:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007 - 03:13:34 PM »
 :clapping: Another one saved.  :woohoo: paul from st paul,where abouts?that cuda looks like you pulled it somewhere from the mississpi river flats somwhere around here.i'm from west st paul myself and almost looks like somewhere in st paul park area.  :clueless: am i close?if so i wonder how a friend of a friend that lives there never tried to get ahold of this one.he's a Mopar NUT.good luck on your venture.suprised i never heard of this one before also.  :dunno:  :clueless: MO.FAN...Dave............
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD