Author Topic: How Do You Keep Thieves From Jacking Your Car?  (Read 8497 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: How Do You Keep Thieves From Jacking Your Car?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007 - 03:06:45 PM »
One little note... we have 2 cars so when ever we go on vaction the other car we don't take is moved to block my Challenger.  No one might want to steal it but it gives me peace of mind...  ::)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007 - 08:26:37 PM »
theA "real" pro can always find the way to go around to take car  ;D , the only thing that they don't like is things that make them slow down  :swear:  here is two of the ones that I use in my Chally

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007 - 09:49:51 PM »
Mine tells me when mine is going off. I know to pay attention to it :D

:iagree:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007 - 11:39:28 PM »
This was invented for car jackers, but can be setup to work for thiefs as well. Also my daily driver came factory with an alarm where the key has a chip in it that talks to the computer and if my key is not with the car it will not start, so the only way to steal my daily driver is load it on a flat bed. And if you get an alarm spend the money and get one that notifies you when it goes off.

1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline gomopar440

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007 - 05:16:14 PM »

I like this one... :bigsmile:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007 - 11:17:07 PM »
I love the trunk monkey commercials. They are the best. I like the one where the two go out on a date and the monkey is in the back seat with a gun.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007 - 08:12:45 AM »
I love the trunk monkey commercials. They are the best. I like the one where the two go out on a date and the monkey is in the back seat with a gun.

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/

Funny, funny stuff......
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007 - 10:28:55 PM »
Ever heard of "boomerang" ?   It's a micro chip. used for exotics,boats,planes,anything.   They say..." It always comes back" Works like lojack i think.I've looked into it alittle.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline willhaven

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2007 - 11:47:03 PM »
I definitely plan to get something similar when I get my car. On top of a regular beeping alarm to keep people from touching it.

Maybe I can create a field of microwave energy around the car that causes people within a 10 foot radius to crap themselves.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007 - 11:53:03 PM »
Maybe I can create a field of microwave energy around the car that causes people within a 10 foot radius to crap themselves.
:roflsmiley:
Remind me not to get near your car.   :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline gomopar440

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007 - 01:30:35 AM »

That oughta go over real well at the car shows. :grinno: :roflsmiley:

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007 - 11:54:06 AM »
Agreed.....my 2 100lb labs tend to say hello to even the smallest lizard that comes near the house.....we live on a corner lot and people tend to walk on the other side of the street to avoid my dogs, even though they are fenced in.

Other ways I use are primative, but I roll my car up to the garage door so it can't open, then if I need to take it out, I just push it back a little then open it.  We also installed a kill switch in my car this past project so that will help a little.  I've been toying with the idea of putting a big hook in my garage floor and bolting my car to that at night.

Just some ideas, I can't stop all thieves, but if I can delay them leaving with my car, it's a good chance they'll have my dogs and Smith & Wesson beaming down their backs!  :2thumbs:  That's probably the only reason I like Florida.....the right to shoot and kill state if you or your family is in harms way.  My car is part of my family.... :smilielol:

If I had to do all that to feel safe I think I'd move. After reading that I guess the snow and -30* in the winter dosn't sound to bad after all! We were considering moving to a southern state when we retire but we have been reconsidering this idea.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline BruteForce

• '72 Dodge Challenger 340 5spd
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2008 - 04:44:41 AM »
Back when I had my convertible mustang, the ignition starter switch failed. I was too poor to buy another ignition switch, so I looked around for another high load switch to use. The convertible top didn't work anyway, so I wired the convertible top switch to be the starter switch. Turn the ignition key on, and hit the convertible top switch to start.

Fast forward 3 or 4 years, and one day my mustang was stolen. I called the police. After a couple hours, the police dropped by and said they found my car. It was at the bottom of the hill I lived on, off the road in some bushes. The ignition wires were all cut up.

I inferred that they'd pulled the ignition switch and tried to short the wires to turn the engine over. That didn't work, so they tried to start it by coasting downhill and popping the clutch. My car had a manual choke and was a hard starter if you didn't have just the right touch on the choke. At the bottom of the hill, they just gave up.

I never thought that wiring up the convertible top switch to the starter would save my ride, I was just being cheap!

My brother had another lovely theft deterrent. He had a Ford Maverick, which was a column shifter. He hated the column shifter, and decided to install a floor shift. After much work, he ran out of time and had to head back to school, so he patched what he had back together - reverse and first were shifted with the column, and second and third were on the floor! To shift gears required juggling both levers right, with horrible clashing sounds if you failed. Putting both shifters "in gear" would lock the transmission. He was the only person who was deft enough (or daft enough) to successfully drive it.

My current theft deterrent system is to have major and essential components not installed the car, like the radiator, carburetor, ignition system, seats, etc.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2008 - 12:33:23 PM »
 :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I know it's early, but i nominate the above post as 'Post Of The Year'

:bigsmile:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008 - 02:49:21 PM by onefornow »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002