Author Topic: Does anybody have any experience with this guy???  (Read 1771 times)

Offline mjb765

Does anybody have any experience with this guy???
« on: October 04, 2007 - 01:28:19 PM »
This guy says he does a lot of Mopars. Does anybopdy know him ???

http://www.hlpag.com

Offline JS23U0B

Re: Does anybody have any experience with this guy???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007 - 01:32:37 PM »
I have read really bad things about that site.

Mopar Noob

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007 - 01:39:18 PM »
I seem to remember something about his cars being in horrible condition... He throws paint over rust and the interiors are horrible...

This is just something I heard and I wouldn't swear to it... However, his prices seem to reflect some of this..

http://www.hlpag.com/70vcodecudamonsterkool.htm for 20k...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007 - 01:41:56 PM by Mopar Noob »

Offline mjb765

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007 - 02:14:50 PM »
The one I am looking at is a 1973 340 cuda that needs the interior done over, new headliner, and weatherstipping and chrome work for 23K. May be about right, but I'm still not sure. They say the interior is new, but it is poorly done and he admits that. He says the car is rust free and just needs completion.

Mopar Noob

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007 - 02:21:13 PM »
I have been looking for a new car for a while now so I have seen a lot of prices and that seems somewhat high for a car that still needs a new interior...

I could be wrong because I'm no expert on this but maybe others will say you need to try and get him down a bit too...

Offline mjb765

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007 - 02:23:39 PM »
I plan on talking down a bit, but I am more concerned with the condition of his cars. Do you know where you read those bad things about this guy??

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007 - 02:32:42 PM »
TOO MUCH $$$

The one I am looking at is a 1973 340 cuda that needs the interior done over, new headliner, and weatherstipping and chrome work for 23K. May be about right, but I'm still not sure. They say the interior is new, but it is poorly done and he admits that. He says the car is rust free and just needs completion.
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007 - 02:34:39 PM »
He is HIGH and so is his PRICES.... :screwy:  You should be able to buy a turn key 72-74 e body ready to go for that money. :2cents:   
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline mjb765

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007 - 02:43:22 PM »
OK---OK----you guys convinced me. Thanks for saving me the trouble. Now does anybody know of a good 70-71 chally or 70-73 cuda for low 20's?? Or a solid project that is not rusting away? Everything I look at that is "done" is horrible and everyone is trying to pass something off as good that is just bondo over rust. Oh well..... :(

Offline mjb765

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007 - 03:10:09 PM »
I found an ad for that same car on another site from January. That's a while--no??? Something doesn't sound right...

BS23VOB_FJ5_Faker

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007 - 03:35:09 PM »
I personally would look into the green Texas car and consider that car as a potential purchase long before I would continue looking at dealers like the one you began the post with.  It has been for sale a while, but the price has slowly come down to make it very attractive.  Unless there is some hidden issue, it looks like a much better deal than you were looking at from Round Lake IL.  IMHO the Limelight car is hurt by the later grill and non-stock hood.  Some of that has become a non-issue since the introduction of the reproduction 70 grills. 

I should add that I have no affiliation with the car or the owner and have absolutely no motive to get you to look at that car.  I just think you will find a better deal through a private owner who loves these cars than through some guy who flips them for fast cash.

Offline mjb765

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007 - 03:37:45 PM »
I agree with you 100% about the dealer vs private seller thing. Ususally I wouldn't look at a dealer, but initally it looked attractive--on the surface anyway. That's what they make forums for--lucky for me!!!

Offline Cuda_Shizzle007

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007 - 04:25:49 PM »
Posted on Moparts.com

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/3852331-P9270001.JPG

1973 Barracuda

Built 318, slapstick, nice options. Call for details.

$16,900.00

No e-mail please

812-936-2459

Southern Indiana

Offline Cuda_Shizzle007

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007 - 04:37:29 PM »
I was interested in the Green TX car because I am in TX, but the wife vetoed me spending that much. I spoke with Jason and he was up front where the car had issues. Basically the car will need a little cosmetic work, but drivetrain wise is solid. The green TX car can be driven while fixing up which is nice as it allows you to enjoy the car and not lose interest in just rebuilding. I am still working on the wife, who is holding strong that I need to wait until Dec to start looking. If the green car is still available, I will be making a push to get it as it is a running complete car.  :2cents: