Author Topic: Rotten Neighbors  (Read 5374 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: Rotten Neighbors
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007 - 09:25:43 AM »
My neighbors south of me used to be cool and want to go for rides. Then they sold a few years ago and the new ones are $ss holes. Since they moved in just about every time I take a car out there are cops in the  neighborhood. I don't think it's just coincidence either!

Those are the kinds of neighbors that I love when you just happen to tune your engine with the exhaust opened up. Heck, I have a neighbor across the street that works on his late model stock car, rapping the engine for some time so this neighborhood is used to engine noise.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007 - 09:40:50 AM »
Some of you know I just moved in here. The neighbors give me the "evil" eye when I roll out. I'm really quiet too!  Unfortunatley they all know what I do for a living...I did not get my car done on time because one of 'em conned me into "helping" him put in a bay window.  What an idiot!!   He had to get the other neighbor to help too!  Now they all want me to do something........I just want to play with my car! :stomp:   I work all the time!!!
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007 - 09:42:18 AM »
The neighbor in front of me has a Viper and his son has a Camaro with Borla exhaust as loud as the ones on my Firebird.  So we are in it together.

The only complaint I have against the other neighbors is that they mow the lawn before I can get to mine, so mine looks like cr@p until I can get to it.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007 - 09:51:03 AM »
Some of you know I just moved in here. The neighbors give me the "evil" eye when I roll out. I'm really quiet too!  Unfortunatley they all know what I do for a living...I did not get my car done on time because one of 'em conned me into "helping" him put in a bay window.  What an idiot!!   He had to get the other neighbor to help too!  Now they all want me to do something........I just want to play with my car! :stomp:   I work all the time!!!

Find out what they do then find a way to inconvenience them with requests for help in their field of expertise.   :naughty:
*Brett*

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007 - 10:27:06 AM »
Some people.  :faint:

drunkards drink everyday cans all over the place the house looks like the Robynsons house in the jungle dirt and crowded with cars and junk, then they fight and brieng it outside and carry on out side he looks like he never changes clothes stained shirts holy and scrubby just dirty all the time. and she lives in T-shirts with no braw, huge hanging hooters that need to be covered up adn he screaming at him and the fighting its terrible
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline LAA66

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007 - 10:47:39 AM »
 Moved out in the country to get away from it all and, do whatever I wanted. Unfortunately the closest neighbor is a pedophile and I have an 8 year old daughter. We have to keep the windows closed at night even in the summer just in case.

I take out the 44. mag for a little target practice occasionally just to let him know I'm there. :villagers:

Offline RD

• KANSAS MOPAR CRUISE
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007 - 12:32:04 PM »
I like how watchdog puts in the sex offenders in there.
Eskridge, Kansas (32 Miles SW of Topeka, KS)

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007 - 01:00:33 PM »
Find out what they do then find a way to inconvenience them with requests for help in their field of expertise.   :naughty:

:iagree:

Make sure that every time they ask you to do something, you ask them to do something in return, even if it is helping you on your car. If they do it, then you get some extra help yourself, if they don't, then they won't ask you for help anymore. Win-Win situation for you.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007 - 01:39:15 PM »
One of my best friends is a Deputy Sheriff for the county. He told me as long as I don't do it late in the day and get a sleeping problem I can do all the burnouts I want in the driveway . So just about every time I'm out when I get back that is what I do. One Sunday afternoon the wife and I took the T/A for a drive and within 4 blocks there was a cop. When we got home, it was perfict timming the jokers were in their front yard. I did a power brake burnout for quite a while and then went in the garage. The wife asked if I seen who was watching? As I walked out of the garage there was a cop setting across from the driveway and just looked. Then he drove away. The look on the faces of the bozos next door was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!   :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:  :burnout:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 - 01:41:06 PM by Rare_T_A »
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Ross

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007 - 02:12:35 PM »
When I was parking my Challenger in my brothers garage, his nosey neighbour was the kind that frowned upon anything except her own kids actions.

So naturally I had to play. :burnout:
I backed the chally in, then on Saturday morning about 9:00, while her kids were out playing in the street, as they always were. I launched out of the garage leaving 2 nice black lines from the garage to the side walk.

She came running out of the house phone in hand thinking that one of her kids was hit.  (they always ran out from between parked cars, jumped out to scare drivers etc.)
I got the biggest stare down of my life.

No police actions, but fun never the less.
'70 340 Challenger

A whole lot of rust and very little time to work on it...

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008 - 10:19:33 PM »
Today I was working on the shaker hood I've been converting. Cleaning up the rough edges on the ring. I get a knock on the back gate. I turn around and a Sheriff is sayin Hello to me. I invite him in. Well he was all eyes on my project and asking what I'm building. I showed him my Hemi and he about dropped a load in his pants.

He said there was a complaint and I immediately pointed to the fence of the Hootin Naanies. (their new nick name)
I told him that they complained in late Spring and that they didn't want any noise during the Summer. For the last 4 months, I haven't done any grinding for any period of time more than 5 minutes over the summer as compliancy towards their request. Also told him I was keeping the R's down and that they've have made un reasonable requests against me and the other neighbor on the other side building his house. They complained about them too.

Sheriff was really cool to me. No qualms with me at all.

Yet their kids are always screaming and their dog barks if a flea jumps. I went back to work after the Sheriff left. Then later on, I talked with the neighbor that was building their house. He said next time the kids get loud and the dog, he's going over there and I said I'll join him. As I mentioned before they are home schoolers and want the neighborhood quiet for their kids. They're from NZ.

Maybe Carl should have a word with them.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008 - 10:28:26 PM »
Are they even citizens? I would definitely approach them the next time their kids make a bunch of noise. If that does not work I would probably get nasty with them. I would tell them that the next time they complain about a little noise that you are going to make it worth their effort. I would get a freaking air raid siren or something like it and 10 minutes after the cop leaves I would let them have it for like a minute straight. Sounds like they will continue to bully you until you push back.
*Brett*

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008 - 10:35:31 PM »
I like the neighbor whose building his house.
He told me today that the next time the kids start getting loud he'd gonna turn up his stereo loud. I said turn up AC/DC Highway to Hell. That'll send them runnin inside.

He told me today when he spoke to the Hootin nannie father when he complained and that they don't want their kids exposed to the rock and roll music.

Sounds like their being kept into a sheltered life.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008 - 10:54:15 PM »
They should have city blocks designated to college student housing-only as well as car communities...It gets old when the music is bumping a little bit, less than 25 on a system that goes to ~50, and some neighbor (next door usually) calls you in on a noise complaint (mind you this was on a Friday night at 9:30 P.M.).  Then the upcoming week arrives and you always end up having to hear their darn beagle barking at all hours of the night DURING the work/school week while it's on a leash outside your room.  You can bet I am still a little sour over this one. :villagers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008 - 11:51:32 PM »
Sorry to hear everyone has issues with the neighbors.  I live out in the country, so cars noises are not a problem.  I do have one neighbor that has a loud 55 Chevy that he likies to work on every now and them.  I also have neighbors that like to ride 4-wheelers up and down the our dirt road.  I also live across from a grass airport, so we have small planes flying by once or twice a week.  Basicly we just keep to our own unless someone does something on our property.  I could not imagine living in a neighborhood that has sound restrictions.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar