Author Topic: Rotten Neighbors  (Read 5379 times)

Offline plumcrazy704406

Re: Rotten Neighbors
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008 - 07:18:53 AM »
Don't have any neighbour problems here. Only know/talk to one, barely say hello to the other side. Been here almost twenty years. It's a really quite, never see anyone type area! Kinda weird though!

:sadwavey: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008 - 09:52:42 AM »
I don't have a problem with my neighbors, one even runs an auto repair shop across the alley from me. What I do have a problem with is the FREAKIN ICE CREAM TRUCKS! There are 3 of them, all owned by mexicans that can barely speak english, and they all play the same dam music, La Cucaracha. I bet that at least 2 of them make it by my house every afternoon and they always have the music blaring and keep it going even when they're stopped. I don't know how they can hear what the kids want over the music, I swear I've had to get up and shut my windows on the street side of the house to hear my TV. The street next to my house is divided so they usually make 2 passes, up one side and down the other. I'm seroiusly considering going to the city council to get some noise regulations in force on these people!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008 - 04:50:55 PM »
Guess I am lucky, both of my neighbors are interested in what I am doing. One had a Road Runner when they were in school (retired now) and the other knew not to say "hey, I had one of them chargers too when I was younger". Neighbor across the street has a 70ish chevelle he is working on. Last house was not as good. Police raided my neighbors house 3x in the first 2 months I lived there (they were dealing) fun!
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008 - 05:10:36 PM »
my neighbour is a professional drinker.... before noon he is interested in what I do, past noon he`s getting drunk and busy beiing rude to everyone around him.
He won`t pass on an opportunity to make my life more difficult than necessary.  :stomp:  .....wonder if I need some kind of permit to shoot him.... :naughty:
*** Bart ***

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008 - 06:33:52 PM »
my neighbour is a professional drinker.... before noon he is interested in what I do, past noon he`s getting drunk and busy beiing rude to everyone around him.
He won`t pass on an opportunity to make my life more difficult than necessary.  :stomp:  .....wonder if I need some kind of permit to shoot him.... :naughty:

No, you just need to buy him something that will make him pass out faster.    :drunk:

Mike   :lol:   :lol2:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008 - 07:13:46 PM »
Give em beer and they'll never leave!! They will just come over, get in your way and before ya know it they will drop a bolt down your intake manifold!! :22yikes:Had that happen with my old neighbor!! My neighbors now are OK. They put up with my cars and I put up with their parties. They aren't too loud or late, just often!! I'm loud and not late!! :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009 - 07:57:29 PM »
Today I was working on the shaker hood I've been converting. Cleaning up the rough edges on the ring. I get a knock on the back gate. I turn around and a Sheriff is sayin Hello to me. I invite him in. Well he was all eyes on my project and asking what I'm building. I showed him my Hemi and he about dropped a load in his pants.

He said there was a complaint and I immediately pointed to the fence of the Hootin Naanies. (their new nick name)
I told him that they complained in late Spring and that they didn't want any noise during the Summer. For the last 4 months, I haven't done any grinding for any period of time more than 5 minutes over the summer as compliancy towards their request. Also told him I was keeping the R's down and that they've have made un reasonable requests against me and the other neighbor on the other side building his house. They complained about them too.

Sheriff was really cool to me. No qualms with me at all.

Yet their kids are always screaming and their dog barks if a flea jumps. I went back to work after the Sheriff left. Then later on, I talked with the neighbor that was building their house. He said next time the kids get loud and the dog, he's going over there and I said I'll join him. As I mentioned before they are home schoolers and want the neighborhood quiet for their kids. They're from NZ.

Maybe Carl should have a word with them.

And today I just found out that they are putting their house for sale.
 Man I'm gonna be happy once they're gone.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009 - 08:53:44 PM »
And today I just found out that they are putting their house for sale.
 Man I'm gonna be happy once they're gone.

Hopefully you wont get worse ones. We have had bad neighbors in our last two houses. I want to move out on to some acreage. My wife likes to be in town. I'm screwed.

I have to ask though, what goes through their mind when their dog barks constantly or they have their flood light blasting my house at 1:00 in the morning or they park their trailer half in my yard or drive across my yard without a word? Is there any grey matter up there? :dunno:
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009 - 09:01:36 PM »
buy this 100acres-solve the neighb's problem

:2thumbs:
 :canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009 - 10:31:07 PM »
/
we need to create a car community ... where everyone can live in peace with like car owners / Nuts , we could share rotiserries & other tools & have no issues with neighbors
HERE IN  OZ THEY ARE STARTING THIS VERY IDEA, ABOUT 60MLS SOUTH OF HERE  , A LITTLE TOWN CALLED CASTLEMAINE THEY ARE BUILDING A RETIREMANT VILLAGE FOR OLD HOTRODDERS , WITH WORKSHOPS , POST OFFICE , SHOPPING CENTRE ETC , ESPECIALLY FOR OLD CAR GUYS ANFD THERE WIVES , SO THEY CAN LIVE OUT THERE DAYS WITH THE CARS ETC , ALSO RUNNING  CLASSES FOR WOULD BE YOUNG HOTRODDERS STREET MACHINERS  AND MENTORING THE YOUNG UNS INTO THE HOBBY , ITS A GREAT IDEA , I BELIEVE THEY ARE STARTING TO BUILD IT NOW WITH THE HELP OF A LOCAL COMMUNITY BANK.
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009 - 04:36:12 AM »
wow...!  that`s awesome  :2thumbs:   what`s the adress?   :ylsuper: :bigsmile:
*** Bart ***

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009 - 06:46:16 AM »
I`ll be getting new neighbors again soon as the house next door was just put under agreement.This will be the fourth owners in that house since the development was biult only 5 years ago,so far they have all been cool.We actually share a split driveway so they unless they have thier own plow they better be nice to me or I`ll plow them in instead of out!  :naughty:   :bigsmile:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 71RTSEWagon-Conv

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009 - 11:49:40 AM »
Whats Neighbors?  :clueless:
71 Challenger R/T se Wagon, 71 Challenger Conv [Pace Car], 69 Charger R/T 4x4, 70 Sunroof Superbird clone, 70 Superbird Conv clone, 69 Daytona 4x4 clone, 67 Fury wagon limo factory, 70 Swinger conv, 78 Super Coupe, 78 Super Coupe Sedan Delivery, and some GMs [sorry] 70 GTO conv, 73 Z28, and more

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009 - 11:55:30 AM »
/HERE IN  OZ THEY ARE STARTING THIS VERY IDEA, ABOUT 60MLS SOUTH OF HERE  , A LITTLE TOWN CALLED CASTLEMAINE THEY ARE BUILDING A RETIREMANT VILLAGE FOR OLD HOTRODDERS , WITH WORKSHOPS , POST OFFICE , SHOPPING CENTRE ETC , ESPECIALLY FOR OLD CAR GUYS ANFD THERE WIVES , SO THEY CAN LIVE OUT THERE DAYS WITH THE CARS ETC , ALSO RUNNING  CLASSES FOR WOULD BE YOUNG HOTRODDERS STREET MACHINERS  AND MENTORING THE YOUNG UNS INTO THE HOBBY , ITS A GREAT IDEA , I BELIEVE THEY ARE STARTING TO BUILD IT NOW WITH THE HELP OF A LOCAL COMMUNITY BANK.

Very cool indeed, but did they have to call it a "Retirement" village :22yikes:

:roflsmiley: :smilielol:

Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009 - 07:09:00 PM »
I guess that I have pretty nice neighbors.  Only problem with one neighbor is that that I have to look out for his sons toys on the ground when I cut the grass.  On the other side I have to watch out for their dogs poop.  I have one dog I don't need to clean up after three.  I do have one neighbor that lives two doors away burn some rubber every now and then.  He does it to piss me off in fun.  He has a RR 440+6 and a 440 fish.  He says that he does it to kick me in the ass to get my car done so we both can burn rubber.