Author Topic: Shaker Repo Hoods...  (Read 3834 times)

Offline 2000gt

Shaker Repo Hoods...
« on: October 16, 2007 - 08:19:29 PM »
Who has one and what is the verdict?  I have a Harms kit but my hood needs a bit of work.  Just wondering if the repos are a good option, they look good in the pictures.  So I talked to Snobar today and he says he's sold a bunch, anyone here have one???  What is the fit like, how about the overall quality?  Thanks, Tyler

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Shaker Repo Hoods...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007 - 09:53:04 PM »

I have one on the way from CA-NZ so can't comment on fit. No biggie though, some factory hoods need massaging to fit so it won't be bad. I got mine from Rossville, Dave (aka Mopardave). Awesome service.  ;)

I won't have mine on for at least 12-14 months. :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007 - 10:29:48 PM »
12-14 months  :22yikes:. That sucks. I guess it has to do with it being shipped internation and customs.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007 - 10:58:09 PM »

Nope, just the schedule for my Build. :biggrin: The hood will be here in 1-2 weeks. I've decided to do get Dad's 'Cuda body work done first, I want him to enjoy his car while he still can. Mine is ready now, was due to go into body work around mid Jan 08 but Dad's will take my place, then it'll come home and we'll restore it. Then mine goes in afterwards, 4-6 months delay but well worth it. Made my Dad's day for sure when I told him.

Sorry for the hi-jack 200gt.  :cheers:

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007 - 12:23:35 AM »
Anyone seen one yet?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007 - 12:49:28 AM »

:popcorn:

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007 - 09:05:41 AM »
The only pitchers I have seen so far only show the hood . Dose the rest come with it as well ?

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007 - 09:22:37 AM »
I have seen the hood in Dave's parts department, it looks very nice, but I would really like to  see how it fits on a car before making any recommendations.
1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007 - 09:27:56 AM »
I have seen the hood in Dave's parts department, it looks very nice, but I would really like to  see how it fits on a car before making any recommendations.

True, from the photos I have seen they fit good. Someone posted them on a car here. Also, lets not forget, NOS, original or repro all fit different. Lots of E-Bodies are different fitment wise, albeit tiny in most cases. Fitment and alignment is all part of body work with these cars. I've seen factory manuals and service books with so called factory class 1 show cars with huge bows and ill fitting hoods. To me, fitment was never a concern, just quality.  :2cents:

:wave:

Offline vert

• Looking good, Billy Ray! Feeling good, Louis!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007 - 10:27:59 PM »
True, from the photos I have seen they fit good. Someone posted them on a car here. Also, lets not forget, NOS, original or repro all fit different. Lots of E-Bodies are different fitment wise, albeit tiny in most cases. Fitment and alignment is all part of body work with these cars. I've seen factory manuals and service books with so called factory class 1 show cars with huge bows and ill fitting hoods. To me, fitment was never a concern, just quality.  :2cents:

Someone posted photos?  I searched for them here but had no luck finding them.  Or on any other Mopar site.   Other than the prototypes I've not heard of any photos showing how they fit.  Can you post a link? 

For me, fitment is part of the quality.  All factory hoods should be VERY CLOSE to the same fit.  Moving other parts to compensate typically cause more issues.
71 Barracuda | Hemi idling | Hemi Dyno pull

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007 - 01:05:25 AM »
Someone posted photos?  I searched for them here but had no luck finding them.  Or on any other Mopar site.   Other than the prototypes I've not heard of any photos showing how they fit.  Can you post a link? 

For me, fitment is part of the quality.  All factory hoods should be VERY CLOSE to the same fit.  Moving other parts to compensate typically cause more issues.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=38115.0 - Link to detailed photos. Can't find the other link even after searching but it definitely was posted and the hood was put on to an original Cuda, stock and the fit was perfect. To be frank you'll have to search yourself if you want to find them, I tried for 10 minutes and couldn't find them and won't sit here all night.  :lol:

Yes, fitment is part of quality, my point was even the originals which many praise weren't the best fit out. So, what I'm saying is these hoods will be as close or equal to the original fitment which again, was never the be all and end all.

:2thumbs:

Offline vert

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007 - 09:53:09 PM »
I've seen the photos you linked to.. Prototypes again.  No problem with that.  Unfortunately that still tells me nothing about PRODUCTION models.  I'm keeping my money till I SEE the stuff I can actually buy. Good luck with yours.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007 - 10:06:06 PM »

Ah, mate, do a search, there have been heaps of photos of the "ACTUAL" models for sale front, rear, side on up close. If you want to see them bad enough you'll search.  ;) Thanks, I'll post photos once done and have no concerns.

Offline vert

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007 - 10:20:28 PM »
Mopar magazine
Ah, mate, do a search, there have been heaps of photos of the "ACTUAL" models for sale front, rear, side on up close. If you want to see them bad enough you'll search.  ;) Thanks, I'll post photos once done and have no concerns.

Actually... I've searched multiple sites.  I've seen those models for sale-still picures of prototypes, or shipping crates.  I just haven't seen them on a customer car.  A recent Mopar magazine showed a well-known kit being cut out, fastened, and fitted. I'm not knocking the new ones.  I just keep reading about them.  Kind of reminds me of the New Dodge Challenger.  And the latest pre-production photos of it don't look much like the show car that had us all salivating. :droolingbounce:  I really liked that carbon hood.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007 - 10:23:13 PM »

Actually... I've searched multiple sites.  I've seen those models for sale-still picures of prototypes, or shipping crates.  I just haven't seen them on a customer car.  A recent Mopar magazine showed a well-known kit being cut out, fastened, and fitted. I'm not knocking the new ones.  I just keep reading about them.  Kind of reminds me of the New Dodge Challenger.  And the latest pre-production photos of it don't look much like the show car that had us all salivating. :droolingbounce:  I really liked that carbon hood.

The photos are on this site, 'MoparDave" sells them, there are 2 or 3 threads showing the repro hoods for sale with photos. They looked really good and the same as the prototypes which I believe weren't prototypes at all but the exact some hoods just a demo model not publicly for sale. I know how you feel and what you're saying. I've yet to fit it so shouldn't get a head of myself I guess, but, I feel confident from what I've seen and from what I've heard that they're all they're suppose to be, perhaps then some.

:cheers: