Author Topic: gas prices-Will it eventually kill our hobby??????  (Read 7318 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: gas prices-Will it eventually kill our hobby??????
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2008 - 05:21:13 PM »
Reg here has finally dipped under$4 a gallon    :woohoo:           

:puke:   big deal...............
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2008 - 05:33:39 PM »
I did not read any of the thread but here is my opinion for what its worth. We spend tons of money and plenty of blood, sweat and tears on these labors of love. There is nothing short of banning old cars that is going to keep me from driving the piss outta my car when its done. Ill eat beans and cornbread before I give up the joy of driving classic Mopar iron.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2008 - 07:59:39 PM »
I did not read any of the thread but here is my opinion for what its worth. We spend tons of money and plenty of blood, sweat and tears on these labors of love. There is nothing short of banning old cars that is going to keep me from driving the piss outta my car when its done. Ill eat beans and cornbread before I give up the joy of driving classic Mopar iron.

While I agree with you... reality will hit you. When you find out it will cost you $20 in premium just to go on a short joy ride, it hurts. I'm not wealthy beyond belief.   :grinno: I typically have put 100 miles average on my Challenger a month since I bought it Oct. 2000. This year, we are into the 6th month, and I have less than 90 miles on it for the year.   :walkaway:  Of course Carlisle will put about 300 miles on it next month.   :money:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2008 - 08:11:20 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  I have a 2bbl on my car with another in front and one in back of it. Should be good fuel mileage, but I can see my shoe size through the window when driving. It always makes a varoom sound. But I use fuel cards then have the wife pay them off at the end of every month or 2 :bigsmile: :money:

I will always try to drive my car local whenever possible. It's just the way it has to be

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2008 - 09:42:12 PM »
I live approx five miles from work, so I don't really use a lot of gas commuting. There's a good reason I am so close to my job. We are surrounded by water and have 5 tunnels in the region (Hampton Roads Virginia). Most of them get grid locked due to traffic or an accident in the tunnel (which can be real ugly). I got tired of traveling through the tunnels & moved close to work. It's a trade-off with higher property taxes and lousy schools (can you say private school). Having said all that, Is that I changed my location to better my quality of life and give me more time to enjoy it instead of sitting in traffic every day. It also provides me a little bit more pocket change to drive my hot rods, and I do!! I think it's about what's important to you. If you want to drive a Hummer as a daily driver than you might have to adjust other things in your life to do so. The higher gas prices won't change my hot rod driving. I only drive on weekends usually and will continue to enjoy flooring it!! :burnout:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2008 - 10:44:54 PM »
$4.35-$4.50 here right now for reg.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2008 - 11:00:39 PM »
While I agree with you... reality will hit you. When you find out it will cost you $20 in premium just to go on a short joy ride, it hurts. I'm not wealthy beyond belief.   :grinno: I typically have put 100 miles average on my Challenger a month since I bought it Oct. 2000. This year, we are into the 6th month, and I have less than 90 miles on it for the year.   :walkaway:  Of course Carlisle will put about 300 miles on it next month.   :money:

Mike

Yeah I know what you are saying but when I think about it I have been without it for almost 2 full years now with another full year to go. Before that I drove it briefly(a week maybe) and before that it sat in the back yard for 8 or 9 years. I am hungry as hell to hit the open road and although it might get too costly after a while I bet I get 20k on it before it does.  :naughty:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2008 - 11:09:11 PM »
a few guys said use alky but get this alky at the tracks is 4.00 per gallon .i use 15 gallons a night .and my corn cost more now not to mention ding dongs and milk .i parked my race car and its killing me  :swear: