Author Topic: wanted, cuda, barracuda or challenger convertible. dead or alive!!!!!  (Read 2670 times)

Offline kylem4711

im looking for a cuda convertible.

my email is kylem4711@gmail.com

anyone, please.

i know how unlikely it is, but i have a 73 barracuda 4-speed, i would trade that and however much.

anyway, please let me know
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007 - 03:29:17 PM by kylem4711 »

Offline kylem4711

Re: wanted, cuda convertible. dead or alive!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007 - 12:34:02 AM »
also, i would also love a barracuda convertible,

lastly, i do not need to trade, i was just throwing that out there.   

Mopar Noob

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007 - 01:39:36 PM »
This guy seems to want exactly what your offering... He looks to be open to trades.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/452317777.html

Offline kylem4711

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007 - 03:39:02 PM »
thanks for the link..     95k is out of my league though.  ha      thanks again tho

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007 - 06:13:43 PM »
I have one that I would be glad to sell. Full rotissori resto on the body. Set up for a big block. Painted curious yellow. PM me. I gurantee you will not be dissapointed and I'm not asking 90 plus K. Let's say a 440, auto, blowing cold air, power windows, turn key for around 75K. I will work with interested parties.
Fishn
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline kylem4711

Re: wanted, cuda, barracuda or challenger convertible. dead or alive!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007 - 03:29:44 PM »
back to the top. 

if anyone hears of anything, let me know!!!!!  thanks again

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007 - 04:00:21 PM »
If I were you, I would consider fishn4cuda's car.  If you had ever seen any of fishn4cuda's cars before, you would strongly consider it.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline kylem4711

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007 - 04:29:45 PM »
If I were you, I would consider fishn4cuda's car.  If you had ever seen any of fishn4cuda's cars before, you would strongly consider it.

his car is awesome, but i dont have 75K

i have noticed that there have been some in the high ten's to low 20's

by no means am i looking to get something that done up

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007 - 05:14:45 PM »
I have noticed that there have been some in the high ten's to low 20's

I would say those are pretty rare in that price range. Am curious thought to see what you find.

72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline kylem4711

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007 - 05:59:47 PM »
I would say those are pretty rare in that price range. Am curious thought to see what you find.

yeah, the def. are rare,   but take a look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Challenger-convertible_W0QQitemZ200166486983QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6198QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i would love something in a little better condition as this.

if you ever hear of anything though, let me know please

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007 - 06:32:24 PM »
yes, they are out there. I am thinking that one has more rust than you see in he photos. You might wanna contact the seller on that one, the winner was a zero feedback bidder and probably wont close on it.
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline kylem4711

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007 - 06:39:48 PM »
yes, they are out there. I am thinking that one has more rust than you see in he photos. You might wanna contact the seller on that one, the winner was a zero feedback bidder and probably wont close on it.

already did, the seller responded back and told me that is told....
 :violin:

Offline longgone

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007 - 07:07:35 PM »
Don't flame me for asking but....
Have you ever owned a convertible muscle car? 
My wife has a beautiful 69 conv camaro ss car.  I would take a hard top over it any day of the week for many reasons.  When I decided I wanted another Cuda, I could have easily afforded a convertible but I went for a hardtop with 440 six pack instead.  I know they seem cool but in reality I don't think they are all that.  So if you haven't owned one be careful sinking a ton of $$$ or time into one until you know if you will like it.

Just my $.02 worth.
Blueglow

Offline gkring

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007 - 07:20:10 PM »
To add to blueglow's comments--be sure you realize what you are in for buying a project car. Any E-body convertible for under $30K is going to be a project car. The lower you go on the initial price the restoration costs are going to grow exponentially. Yes, most people don't have $50K plus to drop on a car at once and feel better if they spend $70K over the next 10 years to get what would have cost 50 today. Problem is you had 10 less years to enjoy it and spent more. You can get collectible car loans, and the rates are pretty reasoneable-sometimes better than new car rates. From someone who has been there before, just remember to make an accurate asessment of what you are doing and where you are going with your purchases and make the best longterm decision. That initial purchase price or "good" deal will fade fast under the expenses of rebuilding a car from the ground up. Now if you want to pay for the experience of building your own car or really want to do something creative, that is a different story.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline kylem4711

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007 - 07:38:18 PM »
thanks for your guy's comment.   heres my thought though

thats pretty cool that you have a 440 6 car, but i am looking more for a cruiser,  i have my 70 charger rt 440 4-speed pistol grip   dana, to go fast in is i get that itch   ;D

i live in southern california, so there is plenty of sun and time to use the convertible,

i own a 63 austin healey convertible and i love it,  its my first car,   i have also owned a 01 mr2 convertible, i currently drive a 04 civic si, so im missing the convertible.

I am 21, so i am looking for a car i can own and make my own for maaany years to come. so time isn't an issue.

i realize that the less i spend initially, the more i will have to spend in restoration, but i am okay with that since i am planning on keeping this for a while.  this will be a project for my dad and myself. challenger or barracuda/cuda convertible is our dream car.

if it sounds like i have money, i am not rich or anything, i just live at home and try to spend as little money as i can so i can save as much and just buy another car.   

and i would just save more money to buy something better, but it was pretty hard for me to save this much... ha

thanks again guys,   really appreciate all the input