Author Topic: New problem....Power Steering Pump Bracket!  (Read 1008 times)

Offline burrpenick

New problem....Power Steering Pump Bracket!
« on: October 24, 2007 - 01:51:44 PM »
Just ordered the alt brackets, but now I find the p/s pump may not work either. I have two pumps, and there are brackets on one and part of a bracket on the other. I can see how they mount on the water pump at the front but do not see anyway to attach the back side of the mount to the motor. I do not have a pic here, but can post one later.
Any pics of a s/b p/s pump especially showing how it mounts up in the rear would be great!

George
GEORGE
currently Moparless

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Re: New problem....Power Steering Pump Bracket!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007 - 06:48:37 PM »
The best pic i could get right now. there is a bracket that mounts to the block in the back,lower. Then the upper,front bracket mounts with the WP.  I can take more pics if you'd like.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline burrpenick

surprise! Re: New problem....Power Steering Pump Bracket!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007 - 08:54:15 PM »
I solved the PS pump bracket issue. I had two, and after playing around with the combinations figured out about that little bent plate in the back. After that it went on easily, of course I took it off to repaint it. Now all that I need to do is get the carb linkage set up. I have the kick down and it appears to be pretty easy. I did notice the Eldebrock carb has the fuel line exiting in the rear, and the throttle arm hole was just a bit tight for the stud that I have, but I can open that hole up easily.

Thanks Again: George in Tallahassee 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007 - 08:56:35 PM by burrpenick »
GEORGE
currently Moparless

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007 - 09:06:03 PM »
Is the carb. inlet a "banjo' fitting? you should be able to move it. If not i have an extra. they are cheap.

Sounds like your getting closer !! :working:   Keep it up!!    Don't forget..."we like pics" :grinyes:
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline burrpenick

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007 - 09:36:33 PM »
I thought about twisting it around, but the choke stuff is in the way. It will be fine where it is, just connect it with a rubber hose, have not bent a steel line yet, decided to wait on the new alt brackets that are being delivered tomorrow. I also considered using a rubber line off the fuel pump to the carb instead of steel, what you say?

PIC!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007 - 09:51:28 PM by burrpenick »
GEORGE
currently Moparless

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007 - 10:23:09 PM »
I bent up some metal line that came up all nice and clean and it would vaporlock on me. I now have AN fittings with 300 series hose to a innerfender mounted filter. It did help. Looks cool.    I'd try and keep it clean and simple with yours. Try bending up a piece of metal line right off the pump,up inbetween the alt. and engine. have it come up and turn 90* at the manifold. Then rubber/filter/rubber to the carb. Or a chrome line from checker right off the carb. It drops right off the carb. 3" then down the manifold.you can attach a filter right to it. :dunno:  Just nice and clean.       Looks NICE man!   :smokin:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007 - 10:25:15 PM by IMNCARN82 »
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"