Author Topic: Any Interest In Roll Bars?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline DQHemi

Any Interest In Roll Bars?
« on: October 26, 2007 - 04:20:23 PM »
We've been doing some roll bars recently and have had several requests on prospective builds.

We can get bolt in 4-Point roll bars made up, but not sure how much interest there would be.
If we did them it would be for Cuda and Challenger (different wheelbase so two versions), with a hoop, harness bar, and rear supports that mount through rear trim panel and bolt to wheel well.  Hoop would be bolt in as well, mounted in back of the front seats.  All nyloc hardware and probably black powder coated.  Would allow using harness as well.

I think we could get these done at a good price as well, since we know who to go to for a run of reasonable quantity. 
Right now we are fabricating these individually as we need them.  Would be a no brainer from my perspective to get a run done if I knew others would be interested.  Also, thse would be done so they would work in a convert as well.  They would be real deal bars, DOM tubing .120 wall.

Let me know...

We're doing more and more things that we are having headaches with to solve problems, or rather finding solutions to headaches.  A couple of things in this category we'll formally announce shortly are tinted glass (all except windshield) and aluminum driveshafts.  We had some real problems getting glass (or glass that fit) for converts.  We went everywhere and then pulled some favors and got a really good solution in place so that'll be announced for B and E.  Figured if we were having issues others must be as well.

Anyway, we find that for everything we sell, E-Body leads the way.
So I figured you guys would be a good group to ask on the bars.

Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007 - 04:30:31 PM by DQHemi »
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Any Interest In Roll Bars?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007 - 04:51:03 PM »
seems like a good idea , I would not be installing one in My Chall But I have a 71 Charger that I have been looking at installing one in

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007 - 05:48:59 PM »
Sounds interesting. The more I build this car, the more I think about it. With you guys doing it,it might fit too. As far as glass goes...I'm collecting it.Picking the nicest pieces and saving them.Sell the rest.It's hard to find. And PRICEY !!  IMO.                   You guys are doing good things at XV.   Keep it up!   :2thumbs:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007 - 06:28:37 PM »
I have kicked around an Idea I have about building a roll bar that would have to be welded in ----inside of the roof frame work and would be hidden by the headliner.

Offline moparbulldog

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007 - 12:30:01 AM »
I have thought about this for awhile, but could never find one that I was sure would look/fit properly.  I would be interested...

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007 - 12:49:29 AM »
This is my roll bar with the body off of my 72 cuda. I have owned it since 1980.. Might be a bit over kill...would you say?