Author Topic: How much?  (Read 490 times)

Offline CrazyPete

How much?
« on: October 27, 2007 - 02:21:24 PM »
im just wondering what i should charge someone for installing a disc brake conv. for a b-body?  He bought the master power brake kit but dosent feel comfortable doing it him self.  The kit looks very simple just changing the spindle and swapping the lines, and of course the other brake parts.  Any thoughts?  thx

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Re: How much?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007 - 02:46:44 PM »
Friend or customer?  If for a friend, he supplies the beverages and he comes to your place and you both work on it and get it done.....    :drunk:   If for a customer, charge normal hourly shop rates for the job as long as it takes, minus of course any "unusual" stuff that takes a little extra time to deal with like an old part that doesn't want to cooperate and come loose like it should.  In other words, if you have a fitting or something that won't come loose and you have to fiddle with it for an extra 30 minutes, don't add that time in.  If it had come off like it should have and it went smoothly, that is the time to bill the customer for.....    :cheers:   Thouroughly confused now???     :clueless:    lol    :bigsmile:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: How much?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007 - 03:03:00 PM »
When I had mine done they charged regular shop hours. 

They did the Front Suspension(full kit),rear springs/shackles/u-joints, Front disc brake swap from drums changed Master cylinder and installed Proportioning valve in the rear brake line.  1100.00.  Seems like there isn't much money in just the brake swap?  I provided all materials.

Tom

I agree with Oldschool, help him out, shouldn't take more than a day. :cheers:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear