Author Topic: 361 Motor for sale  (Read 966 times)

Offline Hot_Rodder

361 Motor for sale
« on: October 30, 2007 - 10:46:59 AM »
First let me start off by saying, I bought a '72 Charger SE that originaly had a 400 in it. The motor was replaced, and I was told a 383 was put in. While replacing the starter a little while back, I noticed the the cast date code was for 1964. I pulled the valve covers, and found that the motor has the 516 casting heads. The motor was pulled and I checked the machined pad for the numbers, and it's stamped A 361 being a '65 date coded 361 big block. The motor can either be sold as is (I've torn it down to a short block), or I can put the heads back on it and sell it as a long block, I can also include the aluminum Edelbrock TM6 intake that was on it too. The distributor that was in it is a points type distributor. The motor ran when pulled, but needs a rebuild, bad. The rings are worn out, and has more than it's share of blow by. The motor was backed my a 727 TF tranny, and the factory flexplate is still on it. The crank appears to be a factory steel crank, based on the harmonic damper. If interested, let me know, and see what we can work out. I would prefer this motor to be picked up, mainly because I've never shipped a motor before, but I can possibly build some kind of crate to ship this motor in. I do how ever prefer to ship this motor via UPS b/c they have a local terminal here in town, where as Fed Ex and others do not. If you would like any other information, or have any questions/comments, please let me know, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Also, as soon as I can find my new batteries for my digital camera, I'll post pic's of the motor and all, I'm including pic's of what I have as is right now. The motor while in the car, pretty much still looks about the same as it does sitting on my porch, but I'll get some batteries and get some better pic's of it. Also, I will throw the factory manifolds in on the complete motor if interested. I would throw a carb in with it too, but the only two I have are shot, one a Holley #3310, the other a Carter that came with the car that had started being rebuilt, but never completed, so... Here are the asking prices:
Short block: $350
Long block: $500
Those prices are asking, so if you are truely interested, I may come down on price.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007 - 04:38:00 PM by Hot_Rodder »

Offline Hot_Rodder

Re: 361 Motor for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007 - 05:01:49 PM »
Since I've not had the chance to go get new batteries for my camera, and have not found the new batteries I got about a month ago for it, here are the casting numbers off the driver side of block, and the stamped numbers below the distributor:
2532130-6
     L   S

3 (or 8, think it's a 3)-14-64

A 361
9   16

Maybe this will give some insight to it. Also, I lowered the price.

Here's the pic's I said I'd take, lemme know if you got any questions.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007 - 07:00:00 PM by Hot_Rodder »