Green cars, what?

Author Topic: Green cars, what?  (Read 4618 times)

Offline AllGreen70RT

Re: Green cars, what?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007 - 11:43:45 PM »

I heard orange would be easier to sell and heard I would probbably sell mine easier if it was orange not tripple green (they said tripple green may effect the value of the "original" car more then changing its colour to non original would) :dunno:

If triple green effects the value then what does does quadruple green do to the value. :dunno: My car originally came with a green vinyl roof also. I couldn't bring myself to put the vinyl roof back on.
As far as negative on green exterior and green interiors, I don't think all green interiors are created equal. I think the green deluxe interior (houndstooth inserts) looks way better then the standard green interior. But then again I may be a little bias. :roflsmiley:

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007 - 11:07:22 AM »
That's a beautiful car there, AllGreen70RT.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007 - 05:05:19 PM »
I'd say it depends on the green. The olive green that was originally on my Challenger will never be going back on. The light green on my 74 wagon doesn't look bad, and combined with the jade green interior, is a nice contrast. However, to break it up some I'm debating whether I should two tone it with a sage green or charcoal.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007 - 06:58:15 AM by HP2 »

Offline nakita7

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007 - 08:03:46 PM »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with green cars. Now, blue cars....
72 Charger Rallye (440 auto)
72 Charger Rallye (318 auto)
71 Charger RT

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007 - 09:18:45 PM »
I am really enjoying this thread!   

Vermont MOPAR
VT MOPAR

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007 - 11:52:47 AM »
I think triple-color cars are really cool, no matter what color it is.

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007 - 04:24:46 PM »
I paint all my cars and Motorcycles Green ...I don't believe there is any other color for me . But somewhere in the 50's, green cars got a bad rap as unlucky. I been telling my competition it's only unlucky for them! Also on motor cycles green was suppose to be a death wish and for years the motorcycle companies wouldn't sell a green bike.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007 - 07:01:12 PM »
Colors go in and out of fashion over the years.The olive/avacado greens were a `70`s thing and I think people either love it or hate it.Of course a lot us old car guys like it cuz we grew up with them.I personally am not a huge fan of green but done nice on the right car/combo it is very sharp.The current craze seems to be silver/gunmetal which I personally don`t like and think it does absolutely nothing for an old muscle car.Keep the boring silver on mom`s Honda,minivan or those crappy Mercedes!   :puke:
Next time you are out driving notice how many cars are either silver,grey,light brown,gold etc.-all very drab and boring IMO.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007 - 07:46:36 PM »
...back in the day, when these cars were rolling off the line, the nation was also deeply involved in Viet Nam.....dark green, or "Army Green" as we called it then was VERY popular on many  Muscle cars of the era....during the last few decades, green has sort of fallen out of style/vogue or what ever you want to call it.....for many years, I bought and sold MOPAR Muscle as a hobby of sorts...the unwritten rule was "DON'T BUY GREEN CARS", no one wants to buy them....I found a Lime Green E-Body could eventually find a home, a Sassy Grassy Green E-Body was a lot harder to place with a new owner, and F8 Green (Army Green) was nearly imposible to sell, unless it was an exceptional car at a fire sale price (cheap enough to be repainted ANY color but green)....green/green interior was a kiss of death for a resale, and triple green, you only bought it if you wanted to keep the car for ever.....

personally, I like greens, I had a new "Army Green" 68 GTO and have one today.....I also own a Lime Green Challenger RT/conv....

...but if you plan to resell it, be prepared to take a beating verbally and pricewise during the selling process....

Offline CUDASTRIKE

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007 - 08:49:05 PM »
Really nice looking cars, Allgreen70RT I cannot remember ever seeing a green stripe like yours looks nice, how rare is that?
Yep, the bikes were considered bad mojo if green, then in what 1981ish Kawasaki came out with the Eddie Lawson
1000R this one in what was kinda like a sassy grass green and today is worth 4-5X original value not due to the color but it helped. In "82" I myself passed because of the color and that it was also 1 or 2 more thousand than my black KZ1000J2 I did'nt want to be the guy with the green machine well, my close friend was (bought our bikes on the same day) and took a lot of crap for it and here we are today he gives it to me everytime he sees my bike he says if you would have just bought the green one you too would be $10,000 dollars richer today as a matter of fact he said it four days ago to me and thats what kinda got me thinking about all the green comments over the years. 
1970 BS23UOB E86 D21 A33 A62 J45 + 6 ADDED

daves70

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007 - 09:32:28 PM »
GREEN IS KEEN!!! TAKE IT FOR WHAT YOU WILL, BUT I STILL LOVE SUBLIME!!  :grinyes:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007 - 10:18:49 PM »
Daytona, is your Viper in a bubble?  Thats so cool.  Just dont start it while inside.   :smokin: :grinno:

Offline Winston

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007 - 10:40:02 PM »
I like green too!   :jumping:

I like some colors better than others, but it's hard for a Cuda or Chally to look bad in any color.  The car's body makes me love these cars a lot more than the color that's on 'em.   :thumbsup:

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007 - 12:17:33 AM »
what did you say about yellow cars? :aarg: :stomp:
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007 - 05:20:08 AM »
....Yelo is one of my favorite car colors....from a selling standpoint I found not EVERYONE likes Yelo, Curious Yelo was an easy sale, but other Yelo cars had to find the right buyer...my experience showed me the Black/Pink and Plum MOPARS  were the best to own/sell.....next was red/orange/blue (not on the same car) :roflsmiley:.....next was Yelo, Lime and white....other greens and browns were a distant last...

....I owned a tan(color of masking tape) T/A one time with a green vinyl top and green interior....someone had repainted the car pink, removed the top and dyed the interior black....the work was flawless, only the fender tag gave it away.....I used it as a daily driver for a short while, then a guy in Florida wanted it and I never saw/heard of it again, probably the ugliest MOPAR combo ever  :bigsmile:

Daytona, is your Viper in a bubble?  Thats so cool.  Just dont start it while inside.   :smokin: :grinno:

3 are, the gray one gets driven,  some.... :bigsmile:

...the red/white one in the back is an 02 GTS ACR Final Edition(1 of 34 made)...400 miles
...white one is an 06, one of 16 made with the wing package...56 miles
...the 03 SRT (right) has about 450 miles on it....it was customized when new by AutoForm to display some new body mods to Chrysler and other Viper owners, one of a kind

...the gray 02 GTS/ACR has about 7K miles on it, 1 of 22 made in that color combo....less than 1,000 GTS Vipers were made with the ACR package.....the 71 HEMI CUDA of the future

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007 - 08:47:39 AM by DAYTONA »