Author Topic: Unique Performance in deep doo doo  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Unique Performance in deep doo doo
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007 - 11:13:00 AM »
Very sad case, for the people who forked out the money and for that company.  I remember seeing an episode of Rides or something and they had all the different cars they made, GT-350s, Eleanors, 289 and 427 Cobras.....sad....  :(
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007 - 11:35:10 AM »
I think what they were trying to do is create NEW shelby cars.

They take some old 6 cyl. car, remove the VIN, and create some funky VIN/title that has some shelby connotation to it out of thin air.

Shelby is to license its NAME to the cars, but Shelby was not creating Shelby VINs.

So when people would buy these cars, they had no idea it was a granny car; they'd see this fresh new VIN and title with some Shelby # on it and think they're getting some kind of legit Shelby car.

I think Shelby was quite aware of what was going on.  They're only severing ties b/c people are complaining that they're not getting their fake cars in a timely manner.

Then, the feds and local podunk got wind of the VIN defacing from all the complaints from customers not getting their cars.

I think the stupid people with $$$ who wires ALL THE MONEY UP FRONT had no idea they were getting washed VINs/Titles; they probably didn't care either.

Feds do.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007 - 07:25:02 PM »
G-man - At this point I don't think anyone out there can give you a true yes/no answer.  It looks like that's what started this whole mess.  Everyone involved is going to point a finger at someone else, and it will probably take years to figure it all out.  Either that or it will be settled out of court and only a handful of people will know the true answers.

Offline Finoke

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007 - 07:28:49 PM »
I vote for the state to reissue some titles for these cars and sell them! 

I bet they crush them  :eek2:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007 - 07:49:15 PM »

Yikes, that's going to hurt a lot of people, a lot of people.  :eek7:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007 - 06:49:25 AM »
So.... Give me a simple yes or no here... cause im still confused.

The 75 GT500ESS supersnakes Eleanors (supercharged at 750hp) and the 150 GT500E's (eleanors) are there "real ones" that will be/are entered into the Ford Regestry "Yes/no"

Is this unique company the 1 doing the fraud or is the whole idea of Shelby500E's the fraud?

I seen that car on discovery Chanell and carol shelby himself signing the vehicle to show its authenticity... that means that there is 150 "real" ones "Yes/No"

The number of 500Es and 500ESS that you mention, have those already been produce or were just projected to be made?  I have a feeling that they haven't made that quantity of each since I think they only started making them 1-2 years ago.  I could be wrong.  Were those #s the maximum # to be made of each version?  I'm not familiar with those #s.  The "real ones" you mention I would think are cars produced by Unique as there were no Shelby 500Es produced in the 60's, I think.  It all started with the movie Gone in 60 Seconds with Nicholas Cage.  They did make GT500s, just not GT 500Es.

I would imagine that the fraud is behind Unique, The 500E is a real car, actually being produced, people actually own these cars.  (Is that what you mean by saying is the idea of Shelby 500Es being a fraud?  :clueless: )  I've seen one locally driving arouns, know of another owned locally.  Look on Youtube and you'll see some videos of people driving these cars.

I would imagine the ones already made by Unique with bogus VINs roaming the streets (There's a couple around here, they do sound cool with the side exhaust.) would be hunted down and corralled like the other bad Ponies since they are "Illegal". IMO  :2cents:...
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007 - 08:52:01 AM »
O well. The hell with it all there only mustangs.

Its not just mustangs.  They were also were building/selling the Foose Challenger and were building/selling a camaro with Year One.  Even though the newscast only showed mustangs, you can bet it also included challys and camaros.

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007 - 02:29:25 PM »
So.... Give me a simple yes or no here... cause im still confused.

The 75 GT500ESS supersnakes Eleanors (supercharged at 750hp) and the 150 GT500E's (eleanors) are there "real ones" that will be/are entered into the Ford Regestry "Yes/no"

Is this unique company the 1 doing the fraud or is the whole idea of Shelby500E's the fraud?

I seen that car on discovery Chanell and carol shelby himself signing the vehicle to show its authenticity... that means that there is 150 "real" ones "Yes/No"

Ive seen 1 of them down here in sydney at a car show... they look pretty good with the tremek 5speed etc however.... when I heard a noise... turned my head... and a black 68 Dodge Charger was comming up the hill... well... lets just say the mustang was a toy and the charger was the real deal  :burnout: :cooldancing:

Thanks

If you mean real as in the mustangs were Selby mustangs from the 60s, then no they are not real. 

Unique was taking everyday ordinart mustangs and building them into GT500ESS supersnakes Eleanors (supercharged at 750hp) and GT500E's (eleanors), mush liek we coudl do to any of our cars in our own garages.  At some point, Shelby signed on and said, hey those are cool, lets call them shelby mustangs and call it a continuation series (i.e., include them in the shelby registrty).

At the end of the day, they should have thier origional VIN numbers indicating that they are a plain jane ordinary mustang.  I thin this is where Unique messed up, they replaced those VINs with something else. 
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007 - 09:58:30 AM »
If you mean real as in the mustangs were Selby mustangs from the 60s, then no they are not real. 

At some point, Shelby signed on and said, hey those are cool, lets call them shelby mustangs and call it a continuation series (i.e., include them in the shelby registrty).

I wonder if it was one of those situations where it was a friendly deal or Shelby tried to sue them for copying his design/car likeness and didn't win the law suet so joined the band wagon???  :clueless:  He tried to sue a couple Cobra kit car companies (i.e. Factory Five Racing..) and didn't win. 

Offline back n black

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007 - 10:10:34 AM »
Ole Carroll needs the money!!!  I think his cobra only netted him five or six million last year at barret jackson.   :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007 - 10:20:43 AM »
Ole Carroll needs the money!!!  I think his cobra only netted him five or six million last year at barret jackson.   :bigsmile: :roflsmiley:

:roflsmiley:  Poor ol' Carroll.....

nivvy

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007 - 06:27:21 PM »
In the rides video of elanor it clearly states they are not shlby gt 500's.... just 1 of the 70,000+ 67 fastback 289 cars...  :useless: