Author Topic: Make's Me wounder how many legit cars are out there.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline shaker71

Make's Me wounder how many legit cars are out there.
« on: November 06, 2007 - 03:32:36 PM »
Found this on Escam  Thought you guys and girls might be interested in this one. The way i read the add he selling to re-vin another car. What do you think?
  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-70-CUDA-340-AUTOMATIC-CHASSIS-PARTS-DOCUMENTATION_W0QQitemZ140176354894QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140176354894

Offline inot2old

Re: Make's Me wounder how many legit cars are out there.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007 - 03:45:30 PM »
...If the winning bidder only wants to have documentation with sections of this chassis included, that is possible, but those arrangements would have to be made before the end of auction and all shipping charges paid.

Doesn't sound kosher to me.  Maybe Unique Performance would want it.  lol
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline nakita7

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007 - 08:58:04 PM »
I believe there are MANY Mopars out there that have been 'rebodied'. I have personally seen a 67 Hemi GTX that was, and this was about 15 years ago, when they weren't worth anywhere near what they are today....
72 Charger Rallye (440 auto)
72 Charger Rallye (318 auto)
71 Charger RT

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007 - 11:08:54 AM »
I think this happen's alot more than we think. I noticed that when ever you read about a very rare Hemi, 6-pack or drop top car  IT is always a matching numbers car. The drive train some how survived 30 years of pounding or by some miracle it is found in a garage in who know where town. I also think some of the big names in the resto bussiness are involved. It is really our fault because we put such a big weigh on matching numbers... If there is money involved then they will be shaddy deals.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007 - 11:26:16 AM »
 :iagree:

Like many other crimes, I think this goes on a lot more than most people believe.  The greedy and the stupid get caught, but those with more than half a brain do it quietly and make lots of money.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007 - 11:49:04 AM »
I was showing a car to an old guy with a body shop a few years ago. He said that he re-vins cars all the time. That's just one guy in one town that has been doing it for God knows how long.

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007 - 10:15:18 PM »
This in a nutshell is why unrestored and/or very well documented cars bring such a large premium. :2cents: