Author Topic: Foor Pan In  (Read 1160 times)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Foor Pan In
« on: November 12, 2007 - 05:59:05 PM »
In another thread someone had asked about the cost to install a floor pan.  I responded to that thread that I had found a body shop that had quoted me $250 to weld in the pan and rhino line the entire floor.  A lot of you thought that was very low, and frankly I'm forced to agree.  I think the shop owner must have agreed too, because when it came time to drop the car off he disappeared.

I spent another two weeks researching shops, and found a place that I had always ignored because of its name (which led me to believe that they might only be involved in riveting fiberglass panels on to ricers).  Turns out to be some good people.  I dropped the car off on Monday and they called me to tell me it was ready on Thursday.  The work is very good, at least to my eye. Pics attached.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007 - 01:02:21 PM by ChallengerHK »

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Foor Pan In
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007 - 06:02:34 PM »
   :2thumbs:

Looks great. Hopefully it didn't cost much more than $250.  :lol: Yeah, $250 is scary low.  :22yikes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007 - 06:12:48 PM »
Thanks, Mike.  Unfortunately it was a lot more than $250, but like I said, good work, fast, nice people, dependable, and perhaps most importantly the only people who would do the work  ;D

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007 - 09:35:01 AM »
Looks good. I'd like to do that to my car soon.Did you prep it for them at all?   That should help her last another 30 yrs. :thumbsup:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007 - 09:39:51 AM »
I did no prep at all.  the interior has been out of the car for the last 20+ years, so I gathered loose stuff, pulled the passenger seat and let them do the rest. On the other hand, the floor was pretty solid with the exception of the driver's pan, so it was mostly grinding out some serious surface rust in the trunk floor.

I will probably spend many hours prepping for the body paint, though.

- Han Solo, Star Wars