Author Topic: My Challenger came home yesterday  (Read 877 times)

Offline cudazappa

My Challenger came home yesterday
« on: November 12, 2007 - 08:35:45 PM »
so I guess it's my turn to ask all of the "e-bodies are new to me" type questions

First on the list of stuff to do is get the floor, frame rails, subframe connectors, and roll bar installed, then I guess the next logical step is the rear quarters (now that the chassis is reinforced) and then I'll figure the trunk out when I decide on a fuel cell.  Oh yeah, this will be my first real welding project.  Got a 110v gas wire feed welder just for this on craigslist for $250.  Came with an almost full spool of wire AND a tank almost full of gas!

It's gonna take a few nights of emptying out the car though!  There's a lot of goodies in there that I'll have to make command decisions as to keep vs. sell.  Couple of dashes, console, trim, parts I have no clue about, even found some misc hardware even :sly:

1971 Challenger - AutoX project
2015 Dart GT - Daily Driver

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
Re: My Challenger came home yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007 - 08:49:46 PM »
You may want to bring Santa back to life.    :clueless: Because you are going to be asking him for alot of new parts for the Challenger for Christmas!   :2thumbs:  :smilielol:

Great score on the car.  :bananasmi

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007 - 08:54:39 PM »
Sweet car..   :thumbsup:   It's gonna be neat following along your progress....    :ylsuper:   Keep us updated and keep postin' the pics....     :bigsmile:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007 - 08:29:08 PM »
Congrats cudazappa,what did the other half say when it arrived?

Offline cudazappa

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007 - 06:02:08 PM »
thanks guys!  I've spent 3 nights in the garage, and I ran out of room again!  Got to get more boxes from work and re-arrange the garage attic to continue sorting this stuff!  Found several things I don't need (like who needs 3 complete tail panels/lenses?) but most is getting stored (I'm keeping 2 copies of stuff, 1 for the car, 1 in case)  The trunk is EMPTY!!! but there's still about 12" of stuff in the interior!

Moparclown, as for what she said... well, not much really, just that I better not get in trouble with the landlord.  Considering I'm doing the lion's share of bailing the family out of trouble that they drag ME into, I think they can tolerate another "toy"
1971 Challenger - AutoX project
2015 Dart GT - Daily Driver