Author Topic: 70 Challenger seat belts  (Read 1955 times)

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
70 Challenger seat belts
« on: November 13, 2007 - 04:36:57 PM »
Just checked Moparts under ebody parts and 70 Challenger resto belts are available for 400.  :bigsmile:about time-bea parts

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
Re: 70 Challenger seat belts
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007 - 05:43:22 PM »
how correct are they?
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007 - 07:12:38 PM »
everything looks good, just no labels (i think)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007 - 07:13:46 PM »
how correct are they?

Yes, really the originals go for twice that on E-Bay.   :popcorn:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline JS29

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007 - 04:24:54 PM »
I am friends with the owner of B/E&A Restoration parts.  I have seen the belts and they are REALLY nice.  You won't be disappointed.

That goes for pretty much everything I have seen from them.

If you have any doubts call the number on the site.  Mike the owner will answer and give you any info you need.
Looking for my buildsheet starting with: JS29N0B115###

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007 - 04:29:26 PM »
I am friends with the owner of B/E&A Restoration parts.  I have seen the belts and they are REALLY nice.  You won't be disappointed.

That goes for pretty much everything I have seen from them.

If you have any doubts call the number on the site.  Mike the owner will answer and give you any info you need.

Thanks for the input. It doesn't have to be exact for me, but I would like something that looks like it could be original.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline JS29

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007 - 05:22:56 PM »

Thanks for the input. It doesn't have to be exact for me, but I would like something that looks like it could be original.  :grinyes:

Mike

Then they will be perfect for you.  One word of advice, don't wait forever to buy them.  He put up his own money for these parts and if people don't buy the parts when they are available, there is no guarantee he will make another run or maintain an inventory.

Glad to help.
Looking for my buildsheet starting with: JS29N0B115###

Offline beaparts

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007 - 04:34:58 AM »
everything looks good, just no labels (i think)

I matched the belting material to an original and they look identical.  Like I have said before, I own nothing but ebodies and I'm as anal about parts as the worst mopar knuckle head out there, I do all my own work on my cars and I can say these belts are way over the top. 

It would cost more to buy a set of originals than the new set we did. Don't forget, after you buy the belts plan on spending another $6-$800 to have them restored to the level of the reproductions.

I was unable to attach the tags to the belts because of liability issues with Chrysler.  Any company restoring belts can not legally attach the tags, call Dave Walden at ECS (very good friend) and he can explain why we are unable to do that.  Tags must be sent to the end user direct from Dave and it's the responsibility of the customer to attach them.  I am working with Dave to offer customer coupons for discounts that will be in the box for customers purchasing belts from us that want tags.

Could you tell if they're reproductions in your car? Nope, however, they will look like you spent some big $$$ having originals restored.

Call me anytime; I'm always ready to talk mopar.

Michael C. Ross
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990