Is this site going to Hell ?

Author Topic: Is this site going to Hell ?  (Read 6915 times)

daves70

Is this site going to Hell ?
« on: November 21, 2007 - 11:26:32 PM »
It appears to me since REV-IT-UP has more or less disappeared from this site, (NO FAULT OF HER OWN) , that things aren't as they used to be. Why is the October car of the month still on the home page? What happened to Nov.??? I love Laura as I'm sure many of us do, but some other administrator has to step up to the plate. Let's not let this top-notch site go down the tubes. I don't have the time to to take on this task or I would. I'm just a regular member like most of the rest of us are. I didn't join this site to control it, but to enjoy it and gain the knowledge of my fellow mopar enthusiasts. Just my  :2cents: Dave

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
Re: Is this site going to Hell ?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007 - 11:32:32 PM »
What happened to REV? Beside the splitting up.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007 - 11:39:57 PM »
I don't care about the extra stuff, like car of the month, as long as the forum is still functional, and we can all still communicate through it.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007 - 11:49:51 PM »
...being relatively new here, I don't really remember what it used to be like, but I enjoy the people here and learn alot....it is a great site for a MOPAR lover

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007 - 11:52:59 PM »
Rev's constant presence is deffinately missed.  :walkaway:

Life changes things at times though. Hang in there Laura, we are all here for you if you need us.  :wave:

Barry

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007 - 12:27:58 AM »

Yup, Rev is hardly around due to changes in her life. I remember saying/asking that she'd probably never be on any more and her response was nothing will change and she'd be on as usual, guess times are tough. But, she'll be fine. I think the place is normal, plenty of action, posts, threads, newbies. Haven't seen Ross around much lately and he's the main Admin guy now, was Rev and him. The only real Mods doing work IMO have been 4C and Chryco. No offence to April (we love you) but I have hardly seen her on here or do any mod jobs since she was made one a year or so ago, she doesn't get online much to help out. Nothing against her of course.

Anyhow, far from going to hell lol.  :lol2:

:2cents: :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

nivvy

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007 - 12:39:36 AM »
I noticed not seeing april or rev around alot either.....maybe we need some new moderators... they might be burned out.... :chatting:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007 - 01:49:19 AM »
Life continually changes , I realy miss REV & April , Only Ross & Laura can admit new members & access the car of the month , Ross has never been heavily involved , Laura was the Key person doing this stuff & with Laura out of the picture we do need to address this situation , we are working on it but Lauras shoes [cute or not] [time & dedication] are hard to fill

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007 - 01:57:30 AM »
 :popcorn:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007 - 02:03:01 AM »
Maybe split up her past duties to several people????

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007 - 02:11:54 AM »
the site runs well but it is too much for just Myself & 4c to run so that is likely

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007 - 06:30:17 AM »
Far from gone to hell but I agree it seems like too much for you moderators that are here to keep up with.Mayb we can elect aother mod to help out?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007 - 07:10:28 AM »
I was thinking maybe after the holidays that things may start returning back to the usual. Or start moving back in that direction. With some having their life turned upside down splitting up and moving away to start over does take a little bit to adjust. Like job, home, new friends, and trying to overcome the past.  Now with the holidays going on, the first is always the tuffest to get past. I would like to suggest we just try to keep in bounds on our site here and wait untill the first week of January. We will have the response we need by then by our modurators and the changes that need to be taken care of.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007 - 09:35:11 AM »
I still think the site is a great place, its probably why i've been on here so much and haven't owned a car in over a year.  COTM is probably the main thing I see getting neglected, and I'm a bit worried I won't get a Calander.   :-\

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007 - 09:41:25 AM »
Something needs to be done as far as approving new members.  I have a friend that tried to join but has not been able to.  He seemed a little put off by it.
{oo/===\oo}