Is this site going to Hell ?

Author Topic: Is this site going to Hell ?  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Is this site going to Hell ?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:48:29 PM »
NO  way will I let April step down even though she has been slacking on picking on MEK  :roflsmiley:
 I know April is busy with a Bussiness she loves & that Has to come first , all of our lives are changing , I may have a lot less time to spend here shortly as well

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007 - 08:09:20 PM »
Well here's  :2cents: from BIG.... Although COTM has been slow coming and I belive a few newbie never got on (I know one that I sent didn't) this is still the best MOPAR site out there! I know from running a small company myself, when you lose a key player (REV) and the workload gets bigger (more members) things can fall a little behind. Mods K U T G W!!! I belive most of the members understand this situation and belive this will get worked out (new MOD??)  :grinyes:  :thumbsup:     
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007 - 08:11:59 PM »
Well said OS!  :cheers:

Is there a way to give the current mods "admin" status? It seems like that would help some if it is possible?

Keep at it April, if you step down I will leave this place.  :wave:

Barry

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007 - 08:42:10 PM »
I had to read about the cotm still being the same as last month before I noticed it. I have not noticed a decline in the site at all. We all need to keep in mind that this is a very busy time of year for most people and I for one do not feel slighted when I dont see their presence all around the site. I also feel that OS is right, the Admin or Mods should be the ones to come together and choose mods, it is wrong to make it a popularity or post count contest. Keep your head up April, it is not always easy for people to put into words their concerns. We cannot type intent and sometimes our intentions get lost in translation.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007 - 09:23:54 PM »

:lol2: Man, talk about making a mountain outta mole hill. :screwy: Leaving? Stood down? None of my words and definitely not my intention somewhere, someone, got carried away, yikes! Anyhow, Yes, you can make the current Mods Administration easily. Just update their status in the Admin area by clicking a box and it's done. This would by my vote on the way to go around this so long as the current Mod is fine with the change in their status & duties.

Peace everyone, try not to take everything and yourselves too seriously eh..........  :crazy:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2007 - 12:08:13 AM »
Since joining this site just 3 months ago, I have been totally hooked on coming back again and again.  I have taken everything on this website for granted when I login, meaning that all the links and stuff like that works!  For that, I want to say Thank You for keeping this place running smoothly.

I do not know the mods or the admins or whoever does the housekeeping on this site, but it operates seamlessly.  Someone is doing a splendid job and it shows!  Actions speak louder than words, and the "behind the scenes" actions show 110%!!!! 

The reason this site is so good is because of the things that I don't see which in turn allows me to SEE the good things. 

I think there should be a link on here that shows a picture of the moderators, admins, and whoever else that works on running this site.  We show our cars and their most intimate sides, why not a photo of the real people and a short bio to go with it?  There, thats my 2¢.

-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2007 - 07:19:03 AM »
Being a long time member here I have noticed thisd place has got a little too busy for the mods to keep up with at times,obviuosly the mods personal lifes have also affected that.I think us members can also help out by thinking before we post and putting our topic in the right forum to begin with so the mods have less moving around to do.Another mod seems to be needed but like has been said it`s Ross`s call.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

nivvy

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2007 - 09:20:21 AM »
I agree with adding more mods as the popularity of this site has grown! hasnt the total members online been blown away recently...

Obviously there is some concern to this situatition as there is a topic on it right now...

Oh yea! and family comes first!!! then mopars then work  :bigsmile:  :2cents:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 - 05:37:25 AM by StRoKer »

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2007 - 10:18:46 AM »
I know that it takes a lot of time to watch over this site.  Just to put in my two cents I think This is the best site ever.  More supervision is most likely needed. Just like when you get more kids it takes more adults to look over them and correct them.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Swedefish

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2007 - 10:37:03 AM »
Maybe double the # of mods and alternate on weekly bases, such as even and un even week #. :dunno:
I can for certainly realize that it`s a lot of work to get a site like this in running order.
But hey, you`re all doing a great job. :2thumbs:

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2007 - 11:02:39 AM »
wow what a conversation.  You know most of us can help out the mods by just using good judgement in what we post and how we post it.  I Know this sight has grown alot since I first joined and yes it was and still is a great place where most people really care about each other. I know all of us do have lives and sometimes work and our families take us away from here. We don't have to agree with everything as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but be respectfull to others and all is well.

This is still the greatest sight around, and what could be better than all of you Mopar lovers.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2007 - 01:59:02 PM »
im sure we'll get things figured out and settled.  if a new mod and or admin is needed then we'll go out and get one.  i admit forgetting about having to approve new members and cotm because rev usually handles a lot of that.  now that shes gone ill either need to step it up a bit or get some more help.  but besides those two aspects of the board, nothing else has suffered.

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007 - 02:36:39 PM »
I agree with adding more mods as the popularity of this site has grown! hasnt the total members online been blown away recently...

Truly. Has anyone looked at the site stats recently? http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?action=stats

Unless I'm reading it wrong, 5315 total members averaging around 5 registrations and nearly 200 new posts daily. Then look at the growth trend - June of 02 recorded 29 new members compared to 543 new members for Oct 07.  Its a great site with great people and its getting bigger every day.

72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007 - 03:07:00 PM »
I love this site and it has helped me personally greatly with my car. I appreciate the work done by the admins and have nothing to complain about. So if the cotm hasn't been changed I don't thing its a big deal. Thanks for having this site and a place for a fellow mopar lover to come to.
1974 Barracuda

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007 - 03:41:51 PM »
Doh! - I knew there was a point I was going to make before I hit the Post button.   :hyper:

What I meant to say was that the people that manage CC.com haven't changed; it's the site that's changing. I have confidence in our mods and technical staff. Look how far we've come. They've got us this far and am sure they are capable of a solution that will keep this site, its members, and it's reputation on top.     
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger