Author Topic: Is this site going to Hell ?  (Read 6927 times)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Is this site going to Hell ?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007 - 09:43:49 AM »
I don't see any real problems, the COTM is dependent on the members submitting their ride for the honor & from what I can tell it just not happening. Participation & content are as good as ever from what I can tell & there has not been much if any nasty comments needing to be moderated. 
We do miss Rev's presence for sure and MEK is not getting his abuse   from April.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007 - 10:40:58 AM by bullitt99 »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007 - 10:38:53 AM »
If another mod were to be added or replaced I would nominate either ______ or MEK. They both are good candidates for the job.  :2cents:

NZ, we wouldn't be able to use _______ on a voting.

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007 - 11:05:56 AM »
If another mod were to be added or replaced I would nominate either ______ or MEK. They both are good candidates for the job.  :2cents:

NZ, we wouldn't be able to use _______ on a voting.

:iagree:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007 - 11:14:55 AM »
I'd really like to help.  I'm on here usually 3 times minimum per day. 

And I agree with Carl, it really isnt that bad.  I'm glad everything is at least functioning correctly, so I can still communicate with my buds.   :cheers: 

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007 - 01:11:54 PM »
its my fault really.  laura was a huge help, and i really let her take it over.  im not as involved as i should be, and that will change.  we may need to bring on some new help, but we'll see on that.  obviously november cotm fell by the way side, but we'll work to get a december up there early and get back on track with that.  ill be here more often now to assure things continue to run smoothly.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007 - 02:46:52 PM »
I think that all is pretty good.

I'd like to get a calender and COTM is nice to look at but, I think as long as the site is operational then all is well on my side.

Best Site on the Web. :ylsuper:

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

nivvy

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007 - 10:34:30 PM »
maybe people who want to be a moderator send it in to 4c and 4c  can post the cantidates and have a voting  :2cents:
sounds cool to me....

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007 - 10:43:40 PM »
maybe people who want to be a moderator send it in to 4c and 4c  can post the cantidates and have a voting  :2cents:
sounds cool to me....

That a great idea and I will help out all I can . . . but only when Ross (69ChargerR/T)  gives his approval and is ready to move in that direction.   It's his decision.   :grinyes:  Ross made a poll last time and everyone submitted their vote to him.  That seemed to work out pretty good.   :2thumbs:

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007 - 03:03:42 PM »

The only real Mods doing work IMO have been 4C and Chryco. No offence to April (we love you) but I have hardly seen her on here or do any mod jobs since she was made one a year or so ago, she doesn't get online much to help out. Nothing against her of course.

:2cents: :thumbsup:

Not for nothing, but I have been a mod here for over 2 years now and have put quite a bit of time into helping out here.  Yes, I haven't been on as much as I used to, but I do come here just about on a daily basis and I do move posts that need to be moved, amoung other things.  I have also voulenteered to help with the car of the month stuff but was told only an admin can do that.  I have offered help with approving new members trying to join the site, and once again, only an admin can do so.  I also offered to help in any way that I could to help with this year's memebr calendar, but nobody got back to me about what needed to be done.  I also try my best to read through most of the threads to be sure that all is well within.  This does, unfortunately, limit my time that I am able to post in threads.  Saying that I have done nothing at all since becoming a mod is nothing more but a slap in the face and hurts my feelings, and I believe rightfully so.  If some would prefer that I weren't a mod, feel free to let me know straight out.  Some members, past and present, had a big problem with me becoming a moderator 2 years ago and if anyone still does, maybe they should just ask me to step down instead of beating around the bush.

This place used to make me feel like family... :walkaway:

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007 - 03:33:56 PM »
April,
I think you have been doing an excellent job. We're all pretty busy lately. Even I haven't been on daily as in the past. We're a wonderful family here and I'm not sure what has conspired lately. As far as Rev, definately miss her here. Keep up the good work....winter's coming and I know we will all have more time to aggrivate each other! :2thumbs:
Remember why we built a Cuda for Don and how we all came together as a family of Mopar enthusiests. I enjoyed that feeling.  Some of the greatest people on earth are here!!!! :clapping:
Fishn (Tony)
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007 - 03:39:41 PM »
Not for nothing, but I have been a mod here for over 2 years now and have put quite a bit of time into helping out here.  Yes, I haven't been on as much as I used to, but I do come here just about on a daily basis and I do move posts that need to be moved, amoung other things.  I have also voulenteered to help with the car of the month stuff but was told only an admin can do that.  I have offered help with approving new members trying to join the site, and once again, only an admin can do so.  I also offered to help in any way that I could to help with this year's memebr calendar, but nobody got back to me about what needed to be done.  I also try my best to read through most of the threads to be sure that all is well within.  This does, unfortunately, limit my time that I am able to post in threads.  Saying that I have done nothing at all since becoming a mod is nothing more but a slap in the face and hurts my feelings, and I believe rightfully so.  If some would prefer that I weren't a mod, feel free to let me know straight out.  Some members, past and present, had a big problem with me becoming a moderator 2 years ago and if anyone still does, maybe they should just ask me to step down instead of beating around the bush.

I don't think anything was meant by the comment. Most people don't see what goes on behind the scenes, and when they don't see you posting, they just assume that you are not around. I am thankful for anything that you do to keep the site active, and Im sure everyone else does as well. And that goes for anyone else that takes the time to keep the site running. Please don't take it the wrong way.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007 - 03:42:15 PM »

April, sorry if it sounded bad I wasn't meaning anything malicious by it, just stating that you don't get on here enough to do the jobs required in your position. I have no doubt you do moderation jobs but just not as much as 4C and Chryco do as they're always online. I never said you don't do anything, I guess my post reads a little wrong looking back. This board is big and you usually come in once a week (sometimes longer) so it's not being mean or beating around the bush, just fact. I for one don't want you to "step down" all I'm saying is mods have to make an extra effort to get online and, well, mod. You're a busy girl and that's not a bad thing, just means you have a life lol.

Chin up, no offence at all as I said to begin with.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007 - 05:08:46 PM »
My "Old" take on this is pretty cut and dried.  I appreciate the work the Admin and Mods do.  I am a Mod on another site, and I can tell you, most of the time it is easy, but there are times it takes up a lot of time.  I know what they do.  That said, the mods and admins have remained the same for a long time while the site has grown. More folks = more time needed to police all the threads and posts.   
As far as throwing some names out there and having a "vote" by the members at large for an additional Mod or two, I don't think that's the way to go this time around.  The site is much bigger than it was last time.  Plus, it becomes a popularity contest instead of getting the "right" person for the job.  I think the Admins and Mods know who the folks are on this board that are folks they can work with and are dedicated to the seeing the site continue to grow as it has up to this point.  The Admins and Mods should discuss a few folks they want to help them, then contact those folks and see if they are interested in helping out.  There are many great folks to select from, so finding the right one/ones shouldn't be a problem.  If Admin/Mods don't see a need to add a person or two, then I am sure the site will continue to operate as normal, only there will still be a problem getting newbs registered.  Whatever they decide, I am with em, as this is the coolest Mopar site on the web, Period.       :cheers: 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007 - 05:41:45 PM by Oldschool »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:29:06 PM »
My "Old" take on this is pretty cut and dried.  I appreciate the work the Admin and Mods do.  I am a Mod on another site, and I can tell you, most of the time it is easy, but there are times it takes up a lot of time.  I know what they do.  That said, the mods and admins have remained the same for a long time while the site has grown. More folks = more time needed to police all the threads and posts.   
As far as throwing some names out there and having a "vote" by the members at large for an additional Mod or two, I don't think that's the way to go this time around.  The site is much bigger than it was last time.  Plus, it becomes a popularity contest instead of getting the "right" person for the job.  I think the Admins and Mods know who the folks are on this board that are folks they can work with and are dedicated to the seeing the site continue to grow as it has up to this point.  The Admins and Mods should discuss a few folks they want to help them, then contact those folks and see if they are interested in helping out.  There are many great folks to select from, so finding the right one/ones shouldn't be a problem.  If Admin/Mods don't see a need to add a person or two, then I am sure the site will continue to operate as normal, only there will still be a problem getting newbs registered.  Whatever they decide, I am with em, as this is the coolest Mopar site on the web, Period.       :cheers: 
:iagree:   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:38:27 PM »
April, I for one have noticed all the moving you do to get the right thing in it's right place. You do a great job with the access that you have. Thanks, too, for stepping up to the plate and offering to do more; maybe your offer should be looked into again. As it's been already mentioned, this is the "Silly Season" that tends to have an effect on people. Hope you can brush it off if you haven't already...Carl did apologize.

John
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon