Author Topic: NHL Fans  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
NHL Fans
« on: November 22, 2007 - 08:46:42 PM »
I need help!  I am trying to find out which New York Ranger recently had cancer and beat it to return to playing.  I know it was in the last ten years.  I thought it was Mark Messier, but I have been told that I am wrong.  Also, did Mario Lemeux ever have cancer?  There's got to be some hard core fans on here somewhere!
{oo/===\oo}

Offline bordin34

Re: NHL Fans
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007 - 10:11:35 PM »
I don't know but I know the Rangers Suck and the Devils are way better, 501.

1973 Charger SE Brougham Black 400 auto
1974 Charger SE Brougham Blue 318 auto-SOLD

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007 - 10:28:23 PM »
Mario had Hodgkins, did the radiation treatments and after his last one played on the same day. Tough guy.

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007 - 10:53:56 PM »
After some thought I remember a rookie or very young player having testicular cancer and returning to play but can't remember his name.
Dave

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007 - 11:21:29 PM »
Phil Kessel from the Bruins
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007 - 01:07:33 AM »
Messier was always healthy
Lemeuix definatly had health problems

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007 - 08:03:35 AM »
Is this really a sport? More like a brawl,  :dunno:  Now, if NHL stood for New Hot Ladies I'd be swayed to observe.

I know all sports have "advanced" over the years, but personally Hockey and basketball have well passed the bounds of skill. But it must be great entertainment for the masses. Football is still the most storied competition going especially on the high school and college lever. Baseball is as much luck (where and how the ball bounces) as anything, and the game seems to last forever. Although I'm not a fan, I'd have to say tennis requires the most actual skill of them all.

The above views are just personal concepts and not intended to piss anyboy off.  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline bordin34

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007 - 10:23:47 AM »
Is this really a sport? More like a brawl,  :dunno: 
How about you try playing hockey. You will realize it takes more skill than you think. The checking is more about getting the puck than killing the guy. Skating and stickhandlng skills also take a long time to get and those guys in the NHL are amazing. I think that it is more of a sport than football. GO DEVILS!

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007 - 02:27:12 PM »
I know all sports have "advanced" over the years, but personally Hockey and basketball have well passed the bounds of skill. But it must be great entertainment for the masses. Football is still the most storied competition going especially on the high school and college lever. Baseball is as much luck (where and how the ball bounces) as anything, and the game seems to last forever. Although I'm not a fan, I'd have to say tennis requires the most actual skill of them all.

The above views are just personal concepts and not intended to piss anyboy off.  :roflsmiley:

I hope you're just trying to get a reaction here.  '...well passed the bounds of skill'  That's rich.  Hockey might require the MOST skill of any of the traditional sports.  And it is one of the few sports that is exciting to watch, as well as to play.

But back to the question at hand...I am not aware of any Rangers players who were treated for cancer.   That's not to say there wasn't someone (maybe a rookie or something), but not that I can recall.  As mentioned, Phil Kessel (Bruins) and Mario Lemieux (Penguins) and Saku Koivu (Canadiens) came back and played some pretty inspiring hockey after their cancer treatments.

Let's Go Red Wings!   :clapping:

-Tom 

Offline bordin34

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007 - 03:13:02 PM »

Let's Go Devils!   :clapping:

-Tom 
I fixed it for you, I know that's what you meant to say.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:42:04 PM »
I have played hockey for 14 seasons & I am still no good at it , it is a skilled sport fro sure

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:46:16 PM »
I have played hockey for 14 seasons & I am still no good at it , it is a skilled sport fro sure

That may be true, but I wanna see one of those "skilled hockey players" set-up a 6-pak car in the dark, in a motel parking lot with limited tools, and no diagnostic tools.......     :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:50:26 PM »
That is exactly why I do what I do & am Not making 4 mill / year in the NHL ...wrong skill set damit, setting up 6 packs in hotel parking lots in the dark doesn`t seem to pay quite as well  :roflsmiley:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:51:52 PM »
That is exactly why I do what I do & am Not making 4 mill / year in the NHL ...wrong skill set damit, setting up 6 packs in hotel parking lots in the dark doesn`t seem to pay quite as well  :roflsmiley:

Doesn't mean it is appreciated any less............     :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007 - 07:55:30 PM »
NHL players are definatly overpaid .... really if you subratc all travel time & training they play 80 games + playoffs which they get bonuses for & average 20-40 mins / game do the math they work approx 40 hrs / year for how much ???
  I know people appreciate working on 6 packs etc in the dark , I love doing it enough I would/ do do it for free .. it is a disease / passion with no know cure