Author Topic: What do you think will happen???  (Read 2098 times)

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
Re: What do you think will happen???
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007 - 07:11:50 PM »
If you check out BJs website and auction list, it apprears that there are less Mopars up for auction this year than last. And way fewer Hemis.

However, if you want a Monster Garage car, there are quite a few up for bid.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007 - 07:20:13 PM by 67vertman »

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007 - 07:22:00 PM »
The way it was set up last year, the only folks makin' any money was Barret-Jackson.  The sellers were pissed for the most part.  Remember the thread Bill Howell posted regarding the supposed unscrupulous crap going on concerning selling the cars.  Of course B-J refuted that stuff, but we shall see if there are repercutions from all that this year.  All in all, I think it hurt B-J and the sellers will back away and see what happens.  B-J needs to learn to share the wealth a little more......     :bigsmile:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007 - 08:01:01 PM »
The way it was set up last year, the only folks makin' any money was Barret-Jackson.  The sellers were pissed for the most part.  Remember the thread Bill Howell posted regarding the supposed unscrupulous crap going on concerning selling the cars.  Of course B-J refuted that stuff, but we shall see if there are repercutions from all that this year.  All in all, I think it hurt B-J and the sellers will back away and see what happens.  B-J needs to learn to share the wealth a little more......     :bigsmile:   

Unless you have a super rare car that is in high demand, I think anybody who sells through B-J is just plain nuts. In any normal auction, you can set a reserve, and walk away, not be forced to lose a ton of money or pay to buy your car back. B-J is just greedy, and that is why they do it that way, because it is a no lose situation for them. I think you'll see a lot more high dollar cars at other smaller auction houses that play more by the sellers rules.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007 - 09:25:50 PM »
I think most of you missed my point.  Yes the prices have recedded as they did in the 80' and 90's only to come back higher than ever. My QUESTION IS are high dollar car owners going to take another chance on BJ with no reserve or will you see alot less high dollar Mopar at the auction.
I for one think you will see alot less cars there.
JS27

I thought the BJ auction has been no reserve for a few years now??
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007 - 09:41:07 PM »
JS27NOB (man that rings a beLL)  BJ is NO reserve!  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007 - 10:07:03 PM »
JS27NOB (man that rings a beLL)  BJ is NO reserve!  :grinyes:

Which brings me to Als(JS27) question. They have been no reserve at BJ for quite a while. I think there were too many Mopars at last years auction and as we all know supply and demand dictate the pricing. What, was there something like 14 Hemi Cudas last year? I know I was getting tired of seeing all these supposed low mileage originals. The other point worth noting is you can't see the condition of these cars unless you're there able to touch and feel them. I have asked people why certain cars sold for so little and in short they said they looked much better on camera than in person. Like Daytona mentioned, a premium car will always fetch a premium price.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007 - 10:15:11 PM »
Alot of people weren't happy with the BJ auction last year. Rushed auctions, too much time for cars no one cared about (the artist's van and tools) and the owner (BJ) has let his "money only who cares about cars attitude shine through". I think the party is over for BJ. Prices are falling and he has ticked many of the wrong people off. Carguys are sick of his celeberty butt kissin'  :2cents: A federal judge was pursuing a suit against him as apparantly he was promised and paid for 3 minutes of stage time and didn't get tht and allegations of BJ staff hiking up the bids and the auctioneer not recognizing last minute bids to rush cars off of the stage
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007 - 01:03:40 PM by HemiOrange70 »

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007 - 12:21:40 AM »
Personally, I can't even stand to watch a B-J auction any more. Especially with all of his flunkies getting in the bidders faces and harrassing them to keep bidding when they don't want to. You can see how uncomfortable a lot of the bidders get. Personally, if I were bidding at an auction and they did that to me, they'd be bidding on new teeth.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007 - 09:42:36 AM »
IMO BJ is an innacurate measure of true prices.  So is E bay.  If you take it all into consideration they are dropping some. The high dollar cars especially.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:08:29 AM »
I am sorry if I was incorrect. I was under the impression that last years BJ was the first time for a no reserve auction. I remember reading something last year before the auction about them going with a complete NO Reserve auction and how the sellers would react to it. Again I am sorry if I was incorrect.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:42:14 AM »
I hate to say "I told you so", but I warned about this last year (Check the posts).

I think prices are going to continue to slide because they have been artificailly inflated. The big investors are the ones who bid up the prices initially, causing the huge appreciations in value. But now that prices have begun to slide, and appreciation is negative, a lot of them are bailing, leaving only the enthusiasts, and the wanna-be investors who only have three choices: Keep the car, take a loss now, or take the chance of taking a bigger loss later on. As the economy weakens, so does demand for luxury items and risky investments. The only bright spot, is that the dollar is so weak, that foreign investors are becoming more interested in our vehicles. Unfortunately, that means that huge numbers of American muscle cars will leave our soil, and probably never return.
:iagree: