Author Topic: MEMBER RIDES  (Read 166506 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: OUR MEMBER'S RIDES (please post only once!)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007 - 10:05:14 PM »
I purchased my '73 Challenger in the fall of '02 when I was 17.  It was originally a 318-powered, F-8 Dark Metallic Green paint, green vinyl top, and green interior car.  My plan is to have a white top, white interior, and white side stripe to compliment the Plum Crazy exterior.  Under the hood it'll have a date-coded 340 that will be painted the original Corporate Blue, but will hopefully have the internals built somewhere around the 500 horsepower range.  I'm planning on some nice aftermarket 17" wheels wrapped in Z-rated tires to coincide with the suspension modifications I've made.  The car originally came from Arkansas, but I found it in a local advertising paper in a smaller town near Green Bay, Wisconsin.  Needless to say, I went there, inspected it, and liked what I saw. I had the lower quarters reskinned, but the rest of the car was extremely solid, considering it was stored around the rust belt for many years.

The first time I saw it:

How it looks as of now:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008 - 01:06:03 AM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Madmax440

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007 - 10:17:50 PM »
Engine : 440 with aluminum heads, manifold and barry grant six shooter. Interior : Black leather buckets front and black vinyl rear seats. Wheels : Billet Specialty Nemesis with BF Goodrich tires.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012 - 02:27:05 PM by Madmax440 »

sleepychallenger

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007 - 10:34:13 PM »
This is my 70 Challenger R/T. I got it from my dad in 2004 as a bribe to join the Air Force. He had it for 28 years and passed it down. It was originally from Huntington Beach California and then my dad bought it from his boss in 1976 at a union 76 service station. He got rid of his road runner for it. It was ordered with a flat hood and no stripes and no R/T badging on the trunk. matching numbers 383 HP, 727, 8 3/4, burnt orange on burnt orange. it has a hemi grind cam and a 30 overbore but thats it. it is an on going daily driver project and i wouldnt have it any other way. I have changed the front brakes to disc from a 73 sattelite and the next mod is the rallye hood coming in Jan. I also plan on changing it to a 4 or 5 speed if i ever get the motivation and money. well, that is my story. 

Update,

the 727 turned out not to be matching numbers  :'(  however, she is now a 4 speed with the fiberglass hood. I am currently searching for the stuff to build a 438 Stroker for it. I have a block on hold, but need the rest. This will be my wifes first time doing anything to a car and our first engine build together.  :bigsmile: Just thought i would post a quick update
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009 - 01:29:00 PM by sleepychallenger »

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007 - 11:35:20 PM »
Guess it's needless to say but there sure are a lot of FINE cars round here! :2thumbs:
 I'm from north eastern NJ, transplanted from Queens NY where I grew up. Just turned 55 & had no time for a hobby till a few years ago, my first two sons were off to college & the little guy only kept me busy a few days a week,so I started lookin for something to do, boy did I find it,the rustbucket, bout 6 years later & i'm gettin close. Since I got it round 01 , the older 2 have graduated, # one graduated fordham, moved out & getting married next oct, the 2nd is half in & half out, working a job that takes him to south jersey a few days a week & his girl is half way down by rutgers(where he graduated) so a few days there & a few here. Little guy is not so little anymore, 7th grade . all created by one wife whom I think I'll keep, too old to break in another one now! So thats my little family, now here's the cars!
I will submit my projects , trying to recreate my old baby.
 1=74/360 'Cuda   Bought new in late 73 & sold in 81
 2=the first candidate that I thought I could afford(HA) cheap enough but really everything was shot cept the drive train(I hope) kinda looks decent there, but I assure you it was NOT! 73 barracuda somewhat cloned to a 'Cuda
 3=after taking SOME of the rotted metal off
 4-5&6= as she stands now, still need the whole interior, but a little more work on the outside & it will be street leagle.
Mildly worked 360 est bout 350 hp, 727/shift kit & 355 gears out back.
 7=A little more like my orig in options, 74 360 still short a few options I had (rally dash for one) but it's got a/c & at my age I definatly need that for summer crusin! Blue on blue car, I'll keep the B5 outside, but may black & blue the interior, will go back to as stock as possible(if I ever finish the first one!)
add in a more recent shot, almost ready to hit the road!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010 - 10:13:39 PM by RUSTY Cuda »

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007 - 11:36:06 PM »
Here are mine. The first is my pride and joy. It is a 72 Challenger with a 340 with 2 four barrel Carter carbs. I have had this Challenger for more than 11 years now and drove it all through high school. I took it to my Senior Prom, my wife's Senior Prom and to our wedding. The second car is my next project which is going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait is a 70 Challenger A66 car. 340 4 speed factory plum crazy white interior white stripe car.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:30:56 AM by 72hemi »
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007 - 11:44:10 PM »
HELLO,

My name is 4Cruizn and I'm a Moparoholic.  Below is my addiction. First is my 1973 original black 'Cuda. 

Bought it in 1982 while in my last year of highschool.  This is my first car. Currently it has a 500+CI stroker motor that is under repair with a 18 spline trans/dana60.  The original 340 and it's 4 speed sit in a corner of my garage for safe keeping.  This is my first wife. 

Second is my 1970 barracuda convertible.  Originally orange with black accents, now purple with white. 440 auto with shaker and power top.  Nothing like cruising with the top down enjoying the sound of that 440!  Very cool! 

I live in Michigan half way between Detroit and Lansing.  Enjoy going to Woodward Cruise, Mopar Nationals, Carlisle All mopar show and the US Nationals in Indi. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014 - 01:22:21 PM by 4Cruizn »

Swedefish

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007 - 08:43:26 AM »
These are my rides.
I`ve owned my Fastback since -84, bought it as a rolling shell. It`s a factory 383 4-speed Formula S.
Although not with the original engine or trans. Had it inspected (for the first time  :woohoo: )by the Swedish DMV late this summer.
So I had a couple of weeks on the road , at last.

Bought the Convert 3 years ago from Peet in Colorado who was the second owner, it has 65 K on the odo.
My plans for the convert is to keep her in this shape since I consider it as a survivor.
It`s a 318, 904 car
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008 - 11:57:58 PM by 4Cruizn »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007 - 09:48:18 AM »
Here are mine..

'71 Challenger originally F7 Green with a 318/904 Combo, A78 is the SE package for this year only and i was lucky enough to find this car in 2001 for $2500, but it needed everything. Luckily, noone had tried to rebuild this car in the past, and it sat in a garage for about 15years prior to seeing daylight again. As you guys know, our cars always look nice to others, but we could go around and point out everything. I need to: get a rechromed rear bumper, replace dash, TTI headers, Passenger fender, front brakes before next season. My car is now a 408/727 combo, hooker headers, '70 B5... theres more but i cant think, report back later

'69 Dart, just started. this was my mothers car at once. stay posted in the restoration projects forum....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008 - 11:58:14 PM by 4Cruizn »
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Finoke

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007 - 11:21:37 AM »
70 Barracuda. Low miles, slant six automatic. Red exterior with Black bench seat interior.

Its going through a rotisserie resto in my garage. Its ultimately going to become a Black exterior with red interior Hemi Cuda clone!

If I don't go broke first  :naughty:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008 - 11:59:10 PM by 4Cruizn »

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007 - 11:45:27 AM »
Great cars, great people.

Here is my contribution:
My 73 Challenger purchased out of AZ in 06. I purchased the 73 with a 72 as a package deal, and offed the 72.  I bought the cars sans engine and trans.
This is what it looked like when I bought it. < http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/image/63591642 >

The 73 Challenger Had been sitting inthe desert for 12+ years, rotting the roof, and the dutchman and the trunk floor. It had been tagged on every corner, some areas worse than others. The cool thing was the underbody was perfect, and overall the car was unmolested and unmodified. It lived its life a s a plain Jane, 318, auto console/bucket car, white exterior, white interior, black vinyl roof. Heck, it even had a trailer hitch.
The car is currently undergoing a slow and steady "resto"

Here she sits: < http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/image/85592069 >
< http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/image/79164807 >

I should have it in paint by next fall, if all goes according to plan.

Dan

One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline inot2old

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007 - 12:00:34 PM »
Here is mine.
'71 Barracuda, originally a 318 car, now has a 440.  New TCI 727, 4.10 rear.
Here are a couple of vids also.

Also a picture of my daughters new project.  1970 Charger, originally a 318 also. Was green of green, she wants is black with a red bumblebee stripe & black interior. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008 - 11:58:49 PM by 4Cruizn »
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007 - 09:44:33 PM »
Alrighty, my 1972 Plymouth Barracuda. Factory 318/904 car, original lemon twist, canada export car. Car was bought on eBay about three years ago when i was 17, saved it from turning into a drag car actually! what a shame! Anyway, the car was daily driven late 2004, 2005, and most of 2006. 318 has a few modifications, 3500rpm stall converter, shift kit, 3.91 r&p. Fun car to drive around in for now. I have a late Mopar Performance short block 360 I'll build up for it one day. Block accepts tappet or roller cams, magnum or LA heads. Would like a magnum roller setup for it, and some boost! Some day  :thinkerg:

Wheels are american racing 17 and 18 torq thrusts. 295s out back, 235s up front. Interior has a harms shifter, autometer gauges, alpine and polk audio stereo.

Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007 - 11:20:19 PM »
This is my money pit, its a 74, with not much left that is original.
Be Cool rad, Firm Feel steering, Eddie heads, Msd billit distributer and ignition, BDS blower , Lunati solid roller with comp stainless roller rockers, comp rods, diamond pistons, total seal rings, Chenelworth bottom end girdle, arp stud kit, dual 750 demons, TTI headers with 3" flow masters, XV steering colum, custom built 727 with reverse valve body, custom built drive shaft, 8.75 rear with a detroit locker, moser axils, weld wheels, B&M shifter, all autometer gages, dual holley 12-150 fuel pumps, rear mount optima battery, comp 90-10 drag shocks in front.
I drive this car all the time, 1 hour to the track, drive the crap out of it and 1 hour home, then gone crusin, some times 2+ tanks of fuel per night. Soon it will go to the body shop.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008 - 11:58:37 PM by 4Cruizn »

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007 - 12:30:42 AM »
I caught the e-body bug when I was in high school in the 70's after seeing Vanishing Point one evening on ABC.  By the time I turned 16 and got my drivers license I was dead set on getting an AAR cuda or a T/A Challenger.  It took a few months but I finally found a T/A I could afford with the money I had saved over the years cutting lawns and doing other odd jobs.  Terrible car for a teenager living in the snow belt! But somehow we both survived and I still have the car today.  It's been in restoration for a number of years, slow going but hopefully someday it will be done!
It's a numbers matching 4 speed with a 3:91 rear sold by Mr. Norms so it is worth the effort.

In the early 90's I decided I wanted a decent Challenger for casual cruising and local shows. A 318 convertible seemed like the perfect choice, but after about 5 years of looking I found none for sale that weren't junk or sold before I could look at them.  I ran wanted ads in MCG and Hemmings and got a lead on a '70 383 convertible 130 miles away.  It was nicer and more expensive than I had aimed for, but I bought it anyway and have never regretted that decision!  It is sort of an oddball, factory "N" code 383 4 barrel but not an R/T.  Loaded with most power options including PW, AC, top, AM/FM, disc brakes plus it is optioned with the SE trim pieces and factory pinstripe.  I take it to many local shows and cruises when the weather is nice and I can put the top down.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007 - 07:15:58 PM by JH27N0B »

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007 - 03:32:41 AM »
 :woohoo: Thanks for creating this thread.  :clapping:
G'Day all,  I am Hemiken and i live in Australia. :drunk:
I am a  :newbie: to the forum and have had a passion for Mopars for a long time, only just recently jumped in to the deep end of the pool where the big fish play.  :smilielol:
Between my brother and myself we have 5 E-body Mopars.  :scared:
Kenny:     1970 Barracuda Convertible 318 Auto
              1970 Barracuda M46 383-2 Auto
Ray:        1970 Challenger SE 383-4 Auto
              1971 Barracuda Gran Coupe 383-2 Auto
Combined:1970 Barracuda Slant 6 Auto
Plus many more early Mopars and early Willys cars.  :22yikes:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008 - 09:17:30 AM by hemiken »
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.