Author Topic: AC/DC - A Cover Band ???  (Read 4556 times)

nivvy

AC/DC - A Cover Band ???
« on: November 26, 2007 - 10:24:30 AM »
Is AC/DC just a cover band.... the original singer is dead and they hired another one so technically are they just a cover band now ??? and if you think about it ALL there songs sound EXACTLY the same..... I argue this with my friend all the time! and he says AC/DC has no singing skills at all cause every song sounds alike! And how could the AC/DC cover band make a song and call it WHO MADE WHO when we all know who the original real singer was!!!  ???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007 - 10:32:39 AM by StRoKer »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: AC/DC - A Cover Band ???
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:29:37 AM »
Its a long way to the top if you want to rock-n-roll!    And I think they made it.    :2thumbs:

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:35:21 AM »
So is Black Sabbath just a cover band without Ozzy?
Maybe Drowning Pool is a better example since they went through the same thing and have a singer that sounds very similar (imo much better) to the original.

The way I see a cover band, they just sing the songs written by the original.  Once a band, like AC/DC and Drowning Pool, start writing new material, with new hits, they cease to be a cover band and move on to be as legit as they were in the beginning.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007 - 10:49:32 AM by HemiDog »

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007 - 11:41:55 AM »

The way I see a cover band, they just sing the songs written by the original.  Once a band, like AC/DC and Drowning Pool, start writing new material, with new hits, they cease to be a cover band and move on to be as legit as they were in the beginning.

I've worked a lot in the entertainment business.  You are correct.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007 - 11:48:30 AM »

Once a band, like AC/DC and Drowning Pool, start writing new material, with new hits, they cease to be a cover band and move on to be as legit as they were in the beginning.

:iagree:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007 - 02:09:17 PM »
Is AC/DC just a cover band.... the original singer is dead and they hired another one so technically are they just a cover band now ??? and if you think about it ALL there songs sound EXACTLY the same..... I argue this with my friend all the time! and he says AC/DC has no singing skills at all cause every song sounds alike! And how could the AC/DC cover band make a song and call it WHO MADE WHO when we all know who the original real singer was!!!  ???

AC/DC is not a cover band. :2thumbs: Angus & Malcom are AC/DC and made AC/DC lead singer or not they have the rights to play and create songs using their band name. Bon Scott was the best but Brian isn't too bad. He's definitely losing his voice and screeching more than ever but what do you expect, the bad has been rocking that long it was bound to happen to his vocal cords.

LOL! Sounds the same lol. And?? This is bad? Angus Young was asked this very question by a young c0cky journalist in the mid 90s, the questions was something like: "Angus: AC/DC have 10 albums that all sound exactly the same." Angus' responses: "Good!". They don't have to change, to most they don't sound the same, simple classic riffs with an easy single bass drum beat, real foot taping rock. Beats selling out and becoming an FM radio sell out.

LONG LIVE REAL ROCK 'N ROLL.   :ylsuper:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007 - 02:10:40 PM »
Bah, AC/DC became a cover band already when they replaced Mark Evans with Cliff Williams!  :bananasmi

But seriously, if AC/DC was a cover band now, how come that the Young brothers went from being in the band they "always" have been in, and then suddenly become a cover band of themselves?

A band doesn't become a cover band of themselves just by some change in the line-up.
Otherwise, it would just be cover bands out there. At least those worth mentioning.

As for your friend whose logic follows that Brian Johnson can't sing because he thinks that all AC/DC songs sounds alike, well... He's entitled to his own silly opinion, just like any other tone deaf heathen with knitting pins protruding from their bleeding waxfilled ears.

But what does "Who Made Who" got to do with who's the singer of AC/DC? :clueless: :dunno:

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007 - 04:45:21 PM »
The only time I would consider a band a "cover band" is when the new singer is touring and singing songs made famous by the previous or original singer. Brian singing Bon's songs does not work for me, Sammy Hagar singing Van Halen tunes from when David was the singer does not work either. Other than a situation like that I say if they make original music together then they cannot possibly be a cover band.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007 - 05:17:09 PM »
So is Black Sabbath just a cover band without Ozzy?

And Van Halen.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007 - 07:57:52 PM »
NO
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007 - 09:01:47 PM »

Not sure what it means in the States but Cover band downunder (or pretty much anywhere for that matter) is a band that play a groups music with permission of the "real" band. Ie: "The Eagles - Experience". I don't even get what this topics on about to tell you the truth. It's like saying is Stroker Stroker if he passed out or is he a replica. A band can change singers, drummers and knickers how ever they want, when they want they're not a cover band.

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007 - 09:20:00 PM »
No coment on the cover band question.  I have seen AC/DC 3 times and love the way it was and is. Good rockin   :cheers: :cooldancing:

nivvy

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:11:12 PM »

It's like saying is Stroker Stroker if he passed out or is he a replica.

Aaaaaa what ???

Whos better Van Halen or Van Hagar ? Old Ac/Dc or new Ac/Dc ??? Making a 71 383 Cuda into A 71 Hemicuda??? a cover car ???  :poopoke:

i like ACDC just wondering why my buddy says they are a cover band cause there not original...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007 - 10:21:14 PM by StRoKer »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007 - 01:42:58 AM »

Aaaaaa what  ???

Exactly. Now you see what I'm thinking reading the first post lol.

Whos better Van Halen or Van Hagar ? Old Ac/Dc or new Ac/Dc ??? Making a 71 383 Cuda into A 71 Hemicuda??? a cover car ???  :poopoke:

Making - Creating. No need to bring Madeline into this. :grinno: Not sure why you even brought that up? :-\

Your post makes no sense, like my Stroke comment. The questons above are nothing but personal preference & opinion, that's all it is.  ;)  Anyhow, I'm done, AC/DC or any band who lose a singer, drummer, drum stick, crisps, isn't a coverband. A pretty simple conclusion really. Tell your friend to have a coke & a smile and .............  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 - 01:58:08 AM by NZ440R/T »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007 - 01:58:54 AM »

Aaaaaa what  ???

Exactly. Now you see what I'm thinking reading the first post lol.

Making - Creating. No need to bring Madeline into this. :grinno: Not sure why you even brought that up? :-\

Your post makes no sense, like my Stroke comment. The questons above are nothing but personal preference & opinion, that's all it is.  ;)  Anyhow, I'm done, AC/DC or any band who lose a singer, drummer, drum stick, crisps, isn't a coverband. A pretty simple conclusion really. Tell your friend to have a coke & a smile and .............  :biggrin: