Author Topic: need new door vin sticker and build sheet for restoration project  (Read 14899 times)

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
need new door vin sticker and build sheet for restoration project
« on: December 04, 2007 - 09:30:57 PM »
Need to know who has door vin stickers, build sheets, and fender tag. had the car media blasted so the door vin sticker is now gone, build sheet only have remnents of one, fender tag was missing from the beginning. thanks for any input, We are now restoring 2 70 cuda's and a 70 coronet R/T at the shop. one for autorama in march.

Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline 70 RT Convt

Re: need new door vin sticker and build sheet for restoration project
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007 - 10:01:16 PM »
You can get your door sticker at www.ecsautomotive.com  :wave:
1970 R/T Challenger Convertible
2011 R/T Classic

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007 - 03:07:51 AM »
cool deal i need some stickers for my cuda.

thanks for the site
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007 - 08:08:33 PM »
http://www.datatags.com/ will make fender tags.

Lunch

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007 - 10:57:44 AM »
Thanks Lunch for the info.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
71 FM3 Challenger RT
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007 - 02:00:47 PM »
i hope you dont find a sourse for buildsheets
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007 - 08:08:35 PM »
i have seen them on ebay also, i have found them on Moparts  69 to 71 in PDF so you can print them in color.
thanks again for info

except for ted
TED. what is up with you saying    "i hope you don't find a source"????
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
71 FM3 Challenger RT
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007 - 08:42:35 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007 - 11:39:59 PM »
He means that re-doing a build sheet is like counterfeiting money.  It is the one real 'birth certificate' for your car.  You will see when you try to get your door tag from ECS or fender tag from DATATAGS, they will require you to prove your options are legit by having you fax in your build sheet so they can verify.  Whithout one you may be SOL.  The do your owns on MOPARTS are for funzies and the ones on e-bag are potentially fraudulent if you try to pass them off as real.  Think about it for a second, if you could re-do your own build sheet, then you could add any option under the sun you wanted and who would know?

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007 - 11:36:46 PM »
his reply just seems to me to be rude. I'm not arguing the pointe of the sheets being faudulant, I have spoken to datatag and ECS and is not that hard to get this done.  We are not looking to make the car something it is not, you can't change the vin. the point is I understand that most if not all B/E-body owners are sticklers and want to see a fender tag. How many cars out there are sold with out the tag that ???may be legitimate with applicable codes??? no one will no for sure. this can be an arguement for all cars that are modified in reserve to the fender tag ie cloned, like adding N96 to the car it looks great and cool but it is not on the fender tag now that car is not legitamate per fender tag or build sheet, but no one will argue that pointe of being correct, whats the difference.
the simplicity of getting one is what is being scrutinized. there are alot of cars out there with this issue. Yes I also agree that there are alot of people wanting to get tags and sheet done in there favor to cheat a potential buyer. this is an everyday problem in the auto industry old or new. everyone wants there opinion heard and is a crittic. that is ok. thanks for the reply
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
71 FM3 Challenger RT
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab

Offline ted

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007 - 12:23:04 PM »
 you are asking how to do something that the car hobby accepts as  committing   fraud.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007 - 12:39:31 PM »
I understand both points of viwe, but Dave I am with you. i just recently discovered that my build sheet has "walked Off" and would love to have at least another printed out if it doesnt turn up. Im not using it to be dishonest or change anything. I just happen to have an extremely rare '71 Challenger Formal Roof that i would love to have this sheet of paper to go with it.

I also understand that once this is available to one honest person, there are 10 dishonest people out there typing away. But, most dishonest people out there would try to change the VIN to accept a larger engine combo. the majority of options are secondary.

who the hell cares if i bought a car that didnt come with rear defrost but it had it "added" to the sheet. that option alone doesnt make the car worth $5000 more.

that original reply did come off a little Rude, i believe Dave when he says he was not intending to misrepresent a car. there are alot of honest people out there that would rather not call they're true 6pack car junk just b/c they lost documentation.  I suppose its going to be a trust issue from here.

:horse:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline ted

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007 - 12:57:14 PM »
there is no  way to duplicate it correctly.

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007 - 07:25:22 PM »
again it is an arguement both ways, How many true u code 440 cars have sixpacks on them,  How many rallye hood cudas have shakers, how many rear ends have been change and all of this will differ from the fender tag or build sheet, Or how many of these cars changed hands and the build sheet was lost and now the current owner wants to look at the funny colored paper with the codes that he probably doesnt even now what half of them stand for. but all of this is ok, as long as the car was a big block and the big money was shelled out. but it is not if it is a C code 225 six cylinder car that now had 40k in restoration and now sports a 440 sixpack.

Ted.......If you had a 70 v-code e-body that didn't have a fender tag or build sheet, because someone discarded it and the enigine and trans,axle were correct, and you could clearly see what option the car had and now you wanted to document the car and do a full restoration on it what would you do as a purist.  now why would this be fraudulent.  just like a reproduction seat skins or quarter panel, it wasn't made then but now, but it is putting the back together that counts. how is that fraud.

The way i look at it is there are many purists in the automotive world, some have to have it buy the books or numbers, some just want a really nice car to build there way with factory options, and there are some that do not care about being by the number and will do what they want. Just because one person has a numbers match fully documented car and is a purist in that right , doesn't mean everyone has to follow that line or is fraudulent.

this is all good conversation, about what to do or not to do. Again the simplicity of passing information.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
71 FM3 Challenger RT
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab