"NEW" 70 EBODY CONVERTIBLE SEAT BELT KITS

Author Topic: "NEW" 70 EBODY CONVERTIBLE SEAT BELT KITS  (Read 2409 times)

Offline beaparts

"NEW" 70 EBODY CONVERTIBLE SEAT BELT KITS
« on: December 05, 2007 - 09:22:36 AM »
Now available 70 ebody convertible seat belt kits which feature all the belts with retractors.  The buckles are power coated satin black and all the metal parts are highly polished stainless steel.  The belts are well overdue, you seen the prices on used originals? Not to mention the cost of $600 or more to have restored. Now all convertible owners can have a mint set of belts for $299.  Black is available today, colors will be available later based on the sales of the black belts.

The 70 ebody hard top as well as 71 convertible & hard top belt kits will be available very shortly.

You can view the belts on our web site, they are located in the ebody interior section PART #2850-70CON.  Click on the thumb nail for a much larger image.  I'm an ebody knuckle head as bad as the next and every time I see them I get a minor chub.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 - 09:45:36 AM by beaparts »

Offline Lunchbox

Re: "NEW" 70 EBODY CONVERTIBLE SEAT BELT KITS
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007 - 08:06:18 PM »
Why the verts first, more hardtops out there? Anyways glad to see them in the works, I need new rear ones and this would be perfect.

What else do you have on the horizon?

Lunch

Offline beaparts

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007 - 06:24:35 AM »
Lunch,

Only one reason for the convertible belts coming out first, we are finishing the plastic shoulder belt cover right now.  The hard tops will be offered 100% complete with the white retractor covers under the carpet, the black piece on top of the carpet and the rubber boots for the front seats.  All you'll need for the hard top are the bolts. The cost is projected to be in the $499 range.

The 71 ebody will be offered as complete sets very soon.  I own nothing but ebodies, do all my own work and I keep them all so I know the drama trying to find belts since they're usually always missing. If you need the belts I would suggest getting a set, if the sales are not what we projected they won't be made again. Of course I'll keep enough for any of my current and future projects.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007 - 06:26:19 AM by beaparts »

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007 - 06:42:09 AM »
 :clapping: Hello Mike,
Congratulations on the belts buddy.  I am interested in colored belts if you plan on releasing any of them in the future.  I have been watching your product grow and have to take my hat off to all the hard work you are doing for the hobby.  I will be buying parts off you in the new year and look forward to your business.
On a side note, i was wondering if you have mounted your hood tach on your project yet and have you any word on how the Goodmark fenders are coming along as i seen pictures you posted in another forum and was wondering if you could post the same pictures on Cuda-Challenger.com for all the other members here to see please.  Seeing as how this forum is a more cattered for E-body Mopars. just a thought :chatting:

Kenny.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007 - 10:33:20 AM »
Might I suggest offering a shoulder belt-only kit?  I've owned four 1970-71 Cuda hardtops, two project cars and two restored cars.  None of them had the shoulder belts, only the lap belts.  I'm betting there would be a market for both complete kits and upper kits.

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007 - 10:11:25 PM »
Thanks for the info Mike I suspected something like that. You should really think about making the bolts avaliable too. My rear bolts were rusted together with the seat pan, however who knows what the demand would be.

Stop by anytime and let us know what you have in the works, we thrive on this stuff.

Want any suggestions?

Lunch

Offline xblade

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007 - 11:07:52 PM »
Very good!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007 - 01:15:02 AM »
Are you going to have white as a color.   Did convertibles with a white interior come with white seatbelts??  I've seen quite a few with a white interior and black seat belts.   :clueless:  :cheers:

Offline beaparts

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007 - 05:04:16 AM »
Thanks for the info Mike I suspected something like that. You should really think about making the bolts avaliable too. My rear bolts were rusted together with the seat pan, however who knows what the demand would be.

Stop by anytime and let us know what you have in the works, we thrive on this stuff.

Want any suggestions?

Lunch

I don't think the bolts are going to happen.  We are always looking for suggestions of parts that will sell.  As for white interior, the seat belts were black, never made white ones.

Right now it doesn't look good for the colored seat belts in the near future, the largest volume is black and they're not selling.  For the quality these things are and for the price you would think they would sell very well, that's the problem somethins making these parts, you never know.  Some other parts going away that you would have thought would be good sellers are the 70 & 71 cuda front turn signals as well as the correct 71 cuda front valance insert.  The time period for making the financal decision to run more has come and passed so once inventory is gone that's it, the parts go away and you'll start seeing them on ebay  So you never know. 

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007 - 09:28:51 AM »
I don't think the bolts are going to happen.  We are always looking for suggestions of parts that will sell.  As for white interior, the seat belts were black, never made white ones.

Right now it doesn't look good for the colored seat belts in the near future, the largest volume is black and they're not selling.  For the quality these things are and for the price you would think they would sell very well, that's the problem somethins making these parts, you never know.  Some other parts going away that you would have thought would be good sellers are the 70 & 71 cuda front turn signals as well as the correct 71 cuda front valance insert.  The time period for making the financal decision to run more has come and passed so once inventory is gone that's it, the parts go away and you'll start seeing them on ebay  So you never know. 

Are you still going to come out with a complete hardtop seatbelt set? And will they have the under carpet cover for the retractors?

I can't understand how these aren't selling, for that price i'd buy a hardtop set just to have for a future project.   :dunno: I've seen a good few restored sets sell for 1000+, I'd reccomend trying selling a couple sets on Ebay, seems to be the first place people look for a lot of items that not many know are being reproduced. I'd say taht would be your maximum exposure.   :cheers:

Do you have any pics of a set you could post up? That woudl help.  :2thumbs:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007 - 09:52:59 AM »
Hi Guys, :wave:
Mike will not be able to post his belts yet as their are system failures within the site at the moment here at C-C.Com.  But the modeators are on to the problem.
I suggest clicking on http://www.beaparts.com/ to view the belts, look in the on line catalog under the E-body interior section, you will find the belts their along with a lot of other great bits. :woohoo:

Hi Mike,
Just a thought.  If you offered some of your products as individual pieces like the 70 park/turn indicators, this may help with sales ? eg; me for one, i am only in need of the wedge shaped lenses and not the complete lense assemblies as the rest of my bits are in excellant condition.  So what i am trying to say is if you offered parts as individual identities as well as full assemblies.   Just a thought to help sales ? :drunk:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Cuda_Shizzle007

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007 - 01:23:49 PM »
Contact Year One (I know everyone hates them), but if it good quaility they will buy a full lot of them to get your name out their. This will a least help recoup capital to allow you a longer life span prior to discontinue and thus allow you to start to turn a profit and overall allow you to keep production runs an option in the future. Just my  :2cents: