Author Topic: Goodmark Challenger Fenders  (Read 5861 times)

Offline Ross

Goodmark Challenger Fenders
« on: December 05, 2007 - 01:07:30 PM »
I bought a pair of the challenger fenders that have the downward turned body line behind the wheels.

I am wondering what can be done to correct this issue other than selling these ones at a huge loss and buying the new ones when they show up.

Has anyone managed to return there copies to the vendor that sold them? 
Is goodmark standing behind their product and taking the bad copies back?
'70 340 Challenger

A whole lot of rust and very little time to work on it...

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
Re: Goodmark Challenger Fenders
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007 - 01:46:07 PM »
I would also like some answers to the questions posted. I have only fit the fender on the car, no paint or bodywork done yet. I sent an e-mail to goodmark a wile ago, never got any reply.

Any goodmark reps here? Could you help us out?

Dave :wave:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 - 01:52:32 PM by purple1 »

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007 - 10:15:10 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline purple1

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007 - 09:20:51 AM »
Anyone? :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

Dave

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007 - 11:51:14 PM »
where are you located and where did you get them.?  I do know that the second run of the chally fenders some did have a problem with the lower body line behind the wheel dipping down and not aligning to the door lines, that was about a year ago, since then they have corrected the die's. I ahve had no complaint to date on this issue. I have sold about 20 sets. They are aware of this, as in goodmark. I would think that they do not put out this info to there vendors. just like the trunk floors. they quit punching the shock access hole because of location change from 70-71 to 72-74, you now have to punch your own. i might be able to assist you with goodmark. Also are they cut in yet??
let me know thanks, David   rosevillemoparts.com
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007 - 11:03:36 AM »
 :popcorn:                                             

{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007 - 11:12:43 AM »
Anyone? :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

I have the business card from a Goodmark rep I met at SEMA.
I'll give him a call if you need me to. Send me a PM.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 - 11:14:39 AM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline purple1

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007 - 07:55:07 PM »
where are you located and where did you get them.?  I do know that the second run of the chally fenders some did have a problem with the lower body line behind the wheel dipping down and not aligning to the door lines, that was about a year ago, since then they have corrected the die's. I ahve had no complaint to date on this issue. I have sold about 20 sets. They are aware of this, as in goodmark. I would think that they do not put out this info to there vendors. just like the trunk floors. they quit punching the shock access hole because of location change from 70-71 to 72-74, you now have to punch your own. i might be able to assist you with goodmark. Also are they cut in yet??
let me know thanks, David   rosevillemoparts.com

I got them local to me, still almost an hour drive. I would have to go back and look the place up. I got my passenger side fender last August, I think it was again I would have to look it up. It could have been in late July. I got the one that has the lower body line problem. I am not sure what you mean when you say "cut in". If that means have I painted any part? Then no, it has no paint on it. It has been just bolted up to the car.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 - 08:04:08 PM by purple1 »

Dave

Offline 1badcuda

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007 - 08:04:28 AM »
I talked to a guy at goodmark when I first heard about this problem because I wanted to buy a set and I asked him about the problem with the lower body line and he informed me that the problem had beem taken care of, that it was a glitch in the tooling. So i asked when the re-tooled fenders would be available and he told me not till next year, I said wow, that long? he said yeah we still have hundreds of these fenders to sell before we sell the re-tooled one's. So i asked if the bad one's were maybe being sold at a discount, and he said No!!, they're still 599.00 because "people are happy just to get a new fender, weather it has problems or not" (Wrong Answer!!) I said No way am I paying 599.00 for a fender that doesn't line up and he said "Then don't buy it" He was very nasty to me and I never called back. That was my experience with Goodmark. Sorry to say, because not all of there products are bad, I have had good luck with the Hoods and full rear quarters for the Challenger, but I wont buy the fenders now no matter how much I need them.   Dave

Offline Ross

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007 - 06:05:27 PM »
let me know thanks, David   rosevillemoparts.com

I picked up my fenders from a place called Fenders and Body Parts in Calgary. 
They sell the line of Goodmark products from their distributor Cross Canada Auto Parts.
They are still in the boxes like the day that I bought them.

I have yet to contact the seller that I bought them from.

My goal of this post was to educate myself with facts as to how others are being treated before asking for similar treatment or a refund.

Has anyone actually fixed this issue via hammer, Dolley and a few flats of beer etc?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007 - 11:18:34 AM by Ross »
'70 340 Challenger

A whole lot of rust and very little time to work on it...

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:52:03 PM »
Hey purple1,

I am not trying to be mean by saying this, but do you have a better pic because I cannot see the problem?
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline purple1

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007 - 01:05:43 PM »
Hey purple1,

I am not trying to be mean by saying this, but do you have a better pic because I cannot see the problem?

Sorry I am at work right now and don't have a better pic. It is hard to see the problem with the black e-coating, but the lower body line will not line up with the door. And the body line drops even more as you get close to the wheel opening. the rest of the fit is fine.

Dave

Offline purple1

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007 - 07:21:35 PM »
It's too dark out to get another pic but this is the full view of the other pic. You can clearly see the lower body line is wrong.

Dave

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007 - 09:26:31 PM »
it almost looks like it lines up to the door at the last minute, otherwise it "droops" toward the wheel?

:banghead: that sucks, but at least it could be dollied out, i dont understand why the hell they dont at least knock off 20%

has anyone bought from a chrysler dealer yet? i have that option at cost and im wondering if i should bother
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007 - 09:44:39 PM »
I lightened it up so now you can see the difference better.
Mike, Fremont, CA.