1974 Roadrunner survivor, incredible condition

Author Topic: 1974 Roadrunner survivor, incredible condition  (Read 6382 times)

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
1974 Roadrunner survivor, incredible condition
« on: December 05, 2007 - 01:23:11 PM »
  Re: B Body Cars For Sale - Dec [Re: joel]
      #4003472 - Wed Dec 05 2007 01:13 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Listing this car for a friend. 1974 Road Runner with 5431 original miles. I was with my friend Dan for several hours this summer when he purchased the car from the original owner. To say the cars condition is amazing is an understatement. The original owner ordered the car and took delivery the spring of 74. He drove it the summer of 74 and put it away in the fall. It wasn't your typical low mileage car that was put away and forgotten about. He fanatically maintained it and took it out a little every summer. He was adament the rear seat had never been sat in, and he was the only person who had ever driven the car. He always kept the windows closed to keep the new car smell, which it still has. The car has all of its paperwork, including ordering paperwork, original window sticker. The broadcast sheet is still in the rear seat. When asked if it had one, he said he never looked as he didn't want to take any seats. We pulled the rear seat and there is a perfect broadcast sheet in the rear seat, sewn into the netting. The car came as you see it, Silver Frost with a white interior and red stripe. 318 slapstick with 3.55 gears, am/fm radio and a few other options.

The car really needs to be seen in person. I have been through the Survivor tent at the Nats and Carlisle for several years, and without question I would put the paint/trim/interior on this car up against any car I have ever seen there. The inside of the console does not appear to have ever been used, the speakers don't crackle, the rear rubber bumper filler is still grey and pliable, the original exhaust tips are like new. The seat foam is blinding white. The original trunk mat foam backing is not even crumbling.

The car itself has a stunning curb appeal due to its color combination.

Here is a link to pictures

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/psrde/1974%20Road%20Runner/

Dan would love to hang onto the car, but unfortunately $$ circumstances dictate it goes up for sale. If the car isn't sold before then, we will probably take it to Carlisle and put it in the survivor tent. The car is located just North of Grand Rapids Michigan. Dan is asking $25,900 obo. I can put you in touch with Dan, email me at psrde@aol.com Paul

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: 1974 Roadrunner survivor, incredible condition
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007 - 01:51:06 PM »
Oh my, stunning car, I love the early 70's plymout b bods. 

Gorgeous.   :drool: :worshippy :worshippy

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007 - 02:06:16 PM »
That is truely amazing!  Seems like a resonable price too.   :cheers:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007 - 02:14:49 PM »
MAN O MAN I need to get a lottery ticket.. quick.....& In My Color TO!!!
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Swedefish

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007 - 02:20:34 PM »
Beautiful  :drool:  :drool:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007 - 06:03:32 PM »
Beautiful  :drool:  :drool:

sweet car...did notice it looks like mr mouse set up home in the headliner, and whats with the shifter?  thats a 70 type shifter, notice the round knob. 71 and later should have the "T" handle.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007 - 06:46:45 PM »
Love that color combo an the `73-4 road runners!  :droolingbounce:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007 - 07:16:31 PM »
sweet car...did notice it looks like mr mouse set up home in the headliner, and whats with the shifter?  thats a 70 type shifter, notice the round knob. 71 and later should have the "T" handle.

Thanks for all the comments guys.   Yes, in the last year or so a mouse got up in the headliner.   Actually, I thought the same thing on the shifter handle, but that is the original as delivered.   I guess later in 74, b bodies only maybe?  they went back to the round style like you would find in the mid/late 70 console cars.

Usually not a fan of 3 colors on a car, but they dofinately work well on this car!!   You think it is neat in pictures, you should see it in person.   

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007 - 07:18:21 PM »
Notice the original passenger mirror is alot darker than the rest of the car, the way it was delivered.   Sure those were painted at a different time/place than the car.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007 - 01:01:30 PM »
That would make an great cruiser but it would be a shame to put any miles on it now!!   :2thumbs:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007 - 01:16:11 PM »

I have seen a number of 74 B & E bodies that had the Round Slap Stick from the factory.  My guess is towards the end of the model year, they realized they were no longer going to be selling cars like this and had a bunch of 70 shifters laying around.  Someone wisely figured they should use them up instead of trashing them...
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007 - 08:42:40 PM »
Thanks for all the comments guys.   Yes, in the last year or so a mouse got up in the headliner.   Actually, I thought the same thing on the shifter handle, but that is the original as delivered.   I guess later in 74, b bodies only maybe?  they went back to the round style like you would find in the mid/late 70 console cars.

Usually not a fan of 3 colors on a car, but they dofinately work well on this car!!   You think it is neat in pictures, you should see it in person.   

Well, I learned something new about Mopars today! Thats something I've never noticed before, although i dont look at these later B's that much past the 72 models. Cool car, the headliner is an easy fix. If i had the room, I'd pick that baby up.

:cheers:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007 - 09:40:29 AM »
Beautilful car. Unfortunately, a large part of its value is in its low mileage and authenticity, and at this stage of the game, it would be a shame to put any more miles on it at all, which eliminates a lot of buyers. I think with its condition and authenticity, it's more of a candidate for one of the big auto auctions.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007 - 11:16:06 PM »
I have seen a number of 74 B & E bodies that had the Round Slap Stick from the factory.  My guess is towards the end of the model year, they realized they were no longer going to be selling cars like this and had a bunch of 70 shifters laying around.  Someone wisely figured they should use them up instead of trashing them...
I had a 75 Chrysler Cordoba with a round shifter slapstick just like a 70 Challenger. Same slapstick plate and round shifter in a different console so they started using up the excess shifters is my theory also.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline CUDAMAN1970

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007 - 08:05:35 AM »
My 74 Barracuda came with the round shifter as well.