Author Topic: What do people ask you about your car?  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Madmax440

Re: What do people ask you about your car?
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007 - 11:20:55 PM »
Hahahaha, I forgot a funny story.  The very first time I had my Cuda out by myself I had a man almost jump out of his truck window screaming "Holy Sh*t, a chick in a Mopar...Will you Marry Me?"  It sure was fun to come home and tell Joe about my Marriage proposal!

So thats how you met Joe - Eh.

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007 - 03:40:55 AM »
I remember a few years back when I went to the Drive-Thru at Taco Bell.  My 3 kids were in the back seat, me and my wife up front.  We went for a Saturday evening summer cruise and we stopped at Taco Bell to get something to eat. 

When I placed the order I asked for extra hot sauce.  When I drove around to pay, and get my order, the kid at the window was speechless as he googled over the Cuda.  He handed me a whole case of hot sauce!  There must have been like 60 packets of the stuff.  He kept telling me how cool my car was and thanked me for coming through the drive thru when he was working.

My kids kept asking:  Daddy, why did that man give you all those hot sauces?  Even my wife was shocked.  I told my kids that the "young man" liked the race car we were driving.   :smilielol: 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007 - 04:56:34 AM »
I remember a few years back when I went to the Drive-Thru at Taco Bell.  My 3 kids were in the back seat, me and my wife up front.  We went for a Saturday evening summer cruise and we stopped at Taco Bell to get something to eat. 

When I placed the order I asked for extra hot sauce.  When I drove around to pay, and get my order, the kid at the window was speechless as he googled over the Cuda.  He handed me a whole case of hot sauce!  There must have been like 60 packets of the stuff.  He kept telling me how cool my car was and thanked me for coming through the drive thru when he was working.

My kids kept asking:  Daddy, why did that man give you all those hot sauces?  Even my wife was shocked.  I told my kids that the "young man" liked the race car we were driving.   :smilielol: 

I used to do similar when I worked fast food, simply because I enjoyed seeing a classic car come through.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007 - 07:47:31 PM »
I get asked if the Hemi was in the car from the factory alot......   :grinno:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007 - 09:12:41 PM »
I recently called a local O'Reilly's Auto Parts location for a price check on rear 10" drums for my R/T SE. After saying they are for a 1970 Challenger i hear excitedly "A 440-6 Pack??!!" No just a 4-bbl, i relplied. I swear the air came back through the phone he sounded so devastated. Heck, i even felt bad...just for a second though :poopoke:  :biggrin: :biggrin:

:working:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007 - 01:09:56 AM »

That's classic!!  I worked in the local Checker Auto Parts store the summer between graduating high school and entering college...I actually remember taking a parts order for another MoPar guy (which was a '73 Roadrunner with a BUILT 500 stroker) and the store manager let me go out for like ten minutes, on the clock, to check it over and talk more about my Chally project.  They always gave me grief for liking MoPars (mostly Chevy guys were there at that time), so it was cool he cut me slack to stick with "my kind." :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Dragula

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007 - 08:48:21 AM »
My favorite is when they see the bright green car, and make a b-line for it. I get two types, the people who really love the car for what it is, an 800hp fuel injected pro street Hemi Cuda with plates on it, or my favorite, the VIN tag readers.....Yes, you guys know who you are! :dunno:

When the see the 5th digit, "V", they get a kinda pasty sick look to them and ask why the heck I chopped up a six pack car? I usually answer because it wasn't fast enough the way it was :scared:......Then I get the next question of what did I do with all the matching parts?......And that's where I like to have a little fun and explain that I had left the engine and trans out behind the shed under a tarp, and the tarp blew away and after years of sitting, it all turned into a rusted pile of junk, so I rolled it down the hill into the ditch to get it out of my way....

The looks I get after that little tale are just hillarious..... :roflsmiley:  If they ask any other questions, I tell them the truth, and it was already that way when I bought it.

Offline 2TAGS

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007 - 03:42:32 PM »
I bought my project Cuda with the hood, right fender, grille, front bumper, bumper brackets, valance, etc off.  Had it backed into a storage unit.  My mom wanted to see what I spent all that money on.  As she stood right in front of the door as it went up she exclaims..."THAT'S A CAR?!"  :grinyes:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007 - 03:50:12 PM by 2TAGS »
1971 'Cuda 340

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007 - 03:44:13 PM »
I bought my project Cuda with the hood, right fender, grille, front bumber, bumber brackets, valance, etc off.  Had it backed into a storage unit.  My mom wanted to see what I spent all that money on.  As she stood right in front of the door as it went up she exclaims..."THAT'S A CAR?!"  :grinyes:

That sounds like a Mom.....    :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :2thumbs: 
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007 - 06:00:04 PM »
So thats how you met Joe - Eh.

Hahaha, no, but when I met him I helped him restore his 70 Cutlass.  Maybe that's why he fell for me, lol!  :working:

Offline mikey1

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007 - 06:06:37 PM »
Hi,
for some reason I used to always get asked " is that a Camero?   :clueless:
Mike
Schist happens to Gneiss people

Offline Old Moparz

• Larks' Tongues In Aspic
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007 - 11:09:48 PM »
The best questions, or actually the reactions I get, are when I'm out somewhere with my Satellite convertible. The car is a base model, 1969 Satellite with a 318, but it has a 1970 GTX nose with the bulge hood, 1973 New Yorker seats, one '69 quarter panel, one '68 quarter panel, a deck lid from a GTX with a Sport Satellite emblem on it, & all done up in primer.

I enjoy watching someone walk around the car with a friend pointing at everything & scratching their heads.  :smilielol:

The question I always seem to get the most is, "When are you going to finish it?"  ???
Newburgh, New York - 12550

Walking is good for you. It's documented that for every minute you exercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007 - 11:48:10 PM »
When I've had it out the three times, the Challenger gets, "What is it"  "why doesn't it have a front end"  "wanna sell it for my schwinn bike?"

The Charger on the other hand gets, "Why not paint it orange"  "Is it for sale" "I had one like that, 383 Hemi and all."

I just nod and agree.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007 - 11:59:32 PM »
What year is your Camero!! :villagers:
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.