Author Topic: I am the lucky winner  (Read 4619 times)

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
I am the lucky winner
« on: December 11, 2007 - 07:26:50 PM »
well after months of shopping around the very car that made me join this website will soon be sitting in my driveway.  back in october i ran across this thread http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27113.0 i had to join the website in order to see the pics.  since i joined i figured id post in cars wanted and see if i could come up with something closer even though i really liked this car.  i did recieve a number of respectable offers for cars from my post and i thank those who responded.  to make a long story short something kept bringing me back to this car and one month after i saw it on this website i made a deal to buy it.  a snowstorm kept me from picking this car up myself up a couple weeks ago as planned so in the end i just decided to pay to have it transported.  so come about the 30th of the month santa will be bringing me a late present. i owned a couple of challengers when i was a teen in the 80s and am looking forward to having one as a daily driver in my small town.  especially after that bad boy is panther pink hehe

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: I am the lucky winner
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007 - 07:44:06 PM »
  :woo: Congrats on your find bucky...That is a especially nice model & I wish you well on its resurrection.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007 - 09:55:12 PM by bullitt99 »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007 - 09:28:27 PM »
Congratulations!  Where in WI do you live?  Hopefully someplace near me.  It would be nice to see another E body on the road once in a while.
** Shane **

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007 - 09:39:33 PM »
I'm glad that car finally got sold. Good luck in resurrecting her.
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline moparman11

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007 - 10:18:54 PM »
Congratulations, good luck with your car, John
1973 RALLYE CHALLENGER

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:21:02 AM »
Congratulations on buying the Challenger. I looked at the post lots of times and even thought about buying the car myself. Keep us posted on your plans and pictures when it gets to it's new home.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007 - 01:21:27 AM »
Congratulations on the recent purchase! :Cheers:  As mentioned, what part of Wisconsin are you from?  I go to school in the far southwestern tip of the state (UW-Platteville) near Dubuque, IA, but live up in the northeastern tip of the state (Florence) by the MI border.  It'd be really cool if you were close to the Florence area as there definitely aren't a lot of E-bodies, or vintage MoPars for that matter, up there.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007 - 08:24:03 AM »
i live in mauston.  a small town just northwest of wisconsin dells.  if you ever get to town stop in at the bumper to bumper auto parts store where you will find me behind the counter peddling parts for cars with no soul hehe

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007 - 09:06:20 AM »
We actually got our black Lab puppy (named Cuda) in Mauston.  I hope I can stop in at the Bumper to Bumper when we get through that way again.  Best of luck with the restoration.  Looks like you have alot to work with, so that car should be really nice.
** Shane **

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007 - 10:42:35 AM »
Woohooo, like 4 Wisconsinites in one thread!   :rofl:

Congrats, maybe I can stop in next year on the way to Carlisle?  (If I go)  You'd be right on the way!   :wave:

I cant wait to see that wide chrome and pinstripes.  Which brings me to another question, all original?  Big block?  What are the plans?  Would be sweet to get two Hemi orange 71's next to each other...   :2thumbs:

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:09:39 PM »
when i started out looking for a project car i actually didnt care if it had a motor or not since i have a friend i could get a 440/727 off of fairly cheap.  after some consideration ive decided im gonna put a 360 in there.  a customer of mine has one with a couple spun bearings i can pretty much have for nothing.  i really had my heart set on painting whatever i ended up with fm3 pink.  with a white vinyl roof and white stripes.  id like to duplicate the black stripe thats on there with white but in the end i may just go black roof black stripe.  last few days ive been sorta torn thinking maybe i should keep the car the original color and trim and try to keep the car close to stock. except for those wire wheel covers.  what sorta fella orders a cool looking car like that and then puts wire wheel covers on it?

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:18:07 PM »
Congrats...Keep us posted   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:21:07 PM »
-
""what sorta fella orders a cool looking car like that and then puts wire wheel covers on it?""

Lets have a pic. of them wire wheel covers...    ???
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:24:03 PM »
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27113.0 theres some pics in that thread.  i gotta read the instructions on how to post pics lol

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007 - 05:57:27 PM »
There ya go   :2thumbs: