New Memebers- Why is it that

Author Topic: New Memebers- Why is it that  (Read 2718 times)

Offline kingtroll

Re: New Memebers- Why is it that
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007 - 08:56:50 PM »
Sorry you got burned a couple of times Moparal. You seem to be a pretty straight shooter and have even helped me out with problems like so many others here . Unfortunately a few bad apples always seem to ruin it for the majority of us that are pretty straight up Joes. Hopefully your future transactions won't go badly.
1974 Barracuda

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007 - 10:54:38 PM »
Sorry to hear you had some problems Al.  You've always been a straight-shooter. I agree that at least the State should be mandatory in everyones profile. I bet the single most asked question on this site is "Where are you located?"

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007 - 04:06:26 AM »
I agree that at least the State should be mandatory in everyones profile. I bet the single most asked question on this site is "Where are you located?"
Whats to keep a person from lying about what state they're from?  I could "post" that I am from Nevada....who would know any different?  Just my 2¢.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007 - 07:05:08 AM »
Whats to keep a person from lying about what state they're from?  I could "post" that I am from Nevada....who would know any different?  Just my 2¢.

How could you be from Nevada?
It says your from Detroit, Michigan right above your car in your sig. :dupe: :dupe:
 I think hooD is trying to "mislead" us.......buyer beware  :nono: ..........................J/K  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Seriously, I agree with you. Anyone can put up any state they wanted.
 It's all a matter of conversing enough before you purchase anything, and using your best judgment   :thumbsup:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007 - 05:26:41 PM »

I agree that it's possible to put the wrong state. For that matter, someone could be giving us a line of BS 100 feet deep about everything they do. I guess there's no way to stop that, but I think most people would be honest enough to at least post the state where they live.

Offline Mike70

• Future Challenger Pilot
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007 - 11:06:08 PM »
Moparal,

Sorry you've gotten burned a few times. I am also a newbie here, but I've been a member for quite a while. I read posts in several sections almost every day, and I have learned a lot from all of you. I did just recently sell a car (Thanks Alphabuck!), so hopefully I can start on the 70 RT/SE I have. I haven't posted very much because I honestly don't think I have the expertise to help. Maybe I will when I get into working on my Challenger.

Thanks, Mike
Mike
70 Challenger RT/SE
(If I ever get it done - wait, I guess I have to start first).

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007 - 01:26:47 AM »
Then maybe there can be some restrictions:

Must have location
Must have email address
Must have pictures..

Or the ad is deleted, edited by moderator, etc.

They should also post a price.  I hate looking at ads with no price.   :swear:

Hi there,
I am a newbie on the site, and don't post much. .
Mike

Mike you are no longer a newbie with 250+ posts.  Looks to me like you're a Jr. Member!   :grinyes:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007 - 07:14:57 AM »
How could you be from Nevada?
It says your from Detroit, Michigan right above your car in your sig. :dupe: :dupe:
 I think hooD is trying to "mislead" us.......buyer beware  :nono: ..........................J/K  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Seriously, I agree with you. Anyone can put up any state they wanted.
 It's all a matter of conversing enough before you purchase anything, and using your best judgment   :thumbsup:
I remember i sent an e-mail too hedkace to ask him what State he was in................ All i got back is he was about to be in a Drunken State :drunk: How did the C-C.Com logo in the snow go hedkace  :dunno:

But a very valid point Al, I am a newbie myself......... hang-on i have been promoted.  I also think it is a good idea to screen people before you sell. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.