Author Topic: My New Website  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
My New Website
« on: December 12, 2007 - 09:09:20 AM »

I've been pretty quiet around here (for me) in the last week or so changing over my website from nz440rt.com to carlwalski.com It took quite a while as everything had to be copied and pasted plus all photo albums added again. It's a more professional look in my opinion. My goal was to keep it as easy to use as possible, no ugly highlighter colours and pop ups or moving images that only work on a select few computers, it should work on any PC. It's not a major change just a cleaner overall look.

Anyhow, for anyone who gives a crap :lol: as I know there were a couple of people asking and my old website had been mentioned in the past + just for future reference, check it out. It's visually more appealing. I built it myself so don't give me too much grief lol! If you spot something that doesn't make sense, perhaps a grammar or spelling mistake or links not working, let me know. I've just spent the last several hours making sure it all works but still, you never know. I will keep nz440rt.com redirecting people to my new site for another 3-4 months then kill it off.

www.carlwalski.com

Cheers,
Carl

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
Re: My New Website
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007 - 09:18:33 AM »
Very nice site NZ.  The content is great of course, but the layout and navigation are very pleasant and nicely done.  I will have to keep an eye on the black Cuda project. Nice stuff all around.
** Shane **

Offline snowdog

• Thor-Our Belgian Tervuren-Member since 2006
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007 - 09:59:18 AM »
Nice website, very easy to navigate.  Just can't get enough of Lucy and the NZ scenery.  We don't have anything like that in Michigan.
Scott (aka: snowdoggie) 1970 Challenger - 440 Modified - 4 Spd - White on Black - 1970 Cuda - 383 Magnum - 4 Spd - Drk. Green on Black - Howell, MI
See my "I'm gonna fix'm up someday" story at Cars in Barns.  **Dodge Main 76-78**
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg113mopar.htm

Offline cowboy

• Denmark
    • CowboyCars.dk
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007 - 10:29:14 AM »
-
 :thumbsup:
MoPar's for Cruizin, Racing & Pro-touring: www.CowboyCars.dk

1930 Plymouth Hot Rod wannabe - 1957 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman - 1967 RaceCuda  -  1968 Barracuda  -  1971 Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007 - 10:31:56 AM »
Looks great Carl!  Very easy to navigate, but one thing kinda made me think a second.  Maybe it was too easy, but after I "entered" all I saw was some nice pictures of vehicles.  I was like, um, okay.  Then I clicked on one of them, and it made sense.   :lol2:  Maybe a title by each picture or something?  Or maybe its just me...

Oh, and I dont if anyone has told you or anything yet but, that dealership screwed you over!  They sold you a Jeep with the controls on the wrong side!   :scared: :22yikes:

:rofl: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007 - 10:53:38 AM »

Thanks for the kudos and input guys, appreciated. :cheers:

71 Bigblock - Most websites these days and most people using PCs (old or new users) know that clicking on images will take them to links. If you let your mouse hover over the image for 1 second it will pop up with a description of each photo, what year, make and model the car is, etc.  :) Ps: Dang it, you know what, you're right, I do have a faulty Jeep.  :eek7: :crying:

Great, Junk Brothers and now this.......  :walkaway:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007 - 11:02:51 AM »
Oh I see now, I didnt hold it on there long enough.  Thats good now.   :2thumbs:

Here, this is better:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007 - 11:04:47 AM »

:lol2: You silly plonker.  :lol:

:2thumbs:

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:00:30 PM »
Great site congrats :2thumbs:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007 - 12:27:35 PM »
Site looks Great Carl   :2thumbs:

Did you use a program to get it to look like that?  I have been thinking about changing my website and I like the way you did your's
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007 - 06:07:05 PM »
Your site looks GREAT!  Very user friendly, and great stories and pics!  BTW, what does "eating my hanky" mean?

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007 - 06:35:05 PM »
Looks nice, especially the front page.

P.S. I love your new toy. :droolingbounce:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007 - 06:55:16 PM »

BTW, what does "eating my hanky" mean?

LOL!! I was 50/50 on putting that in, I knew some people may not have heard that expression before. Not sure if you guys know what hankies are or what you call them but just in case a hanky is a small thin cloth used to blow ones nose. Eating my hanky just means full of excitement, I'm so happy I could just eat my hanky. So, being as though it's filled with human gunk, if you eat it, you must be in a completely excited, if that makes sense. ;D Just an old saying. By the way, I don't use hankies lol, I think they're bloody gross, blow your nose put the bogies in your pocket then pull it out later and smear them on your face again lol. Repeat process a dozen times during the day. :eek4: :icon16:

Did you use a program to get it to look like that?  I have been thinking about changing my website and I like the way you did your's

I use Angelfire Lycos. Awesome and easy to use plus the pages load super quick. It costs $25 to register for the first time, this includes set up costs and the money to secure your domain name. After that you can choose plans to host anything from $6-$30 a month websites. The more expensive the more bandwidth, MB and options you get. There is also an option for a free website but you don't get a www domain of your own and it has heaps of ads and stuff. The site is very easy to make and uses simple html codes. I taught myself with a little Google searching and will. I guess it just comes down to what you think looks good and easy to use and creating a smart appearance.  ;)

Andrew - You taking the mickey :lol: or have I told you or you can make it out from that?!?! LOL

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007 - 07:05:17 PM »
Carl man, that's great :smokin:

lostcountfornow  ;) :biggrin:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007 - 07:12:31 PM »
LOL!! I was 50/50 on putting that in, I knew some people may not have heard that expression before. Not sure if you guys know what hankies are or what you call them but just in case a hanky is a small thin cloth used to blow ones nose. Eating my hanky just means full of excitement, I'm so happy I could just eat my hanky. So, being as though it's filled with human gunk, if you eat it, you must be in a completely excited, if that makes sense. ;D Just an old saying. By the way, I don't use hankies lol, I think they're bloody gross, blow your nose put the bogies in your pocket then pull it out later and smear them on your face again lol. Repeat process a dozen times during the day. :eek4: :icon16:

That's what I figured, but I thought I would joke around with ya a little, LOL!!!  They are called hankeys here as well, and are just as gross here in the US.